Test Update 12/06/2013

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by KevinMcP, Dec 6, 2013.

1. Tarrin Augur

I wouldn't go as far as saying *all mob summoning/breaking root/etc should be removed". There should def. be areas that are free from this that people can do there thing in.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  2. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

In addition, druids (unlike shaman) can not slow the mobs.

We also can't haste our merc (hello, SOE, at least let us be able to hand them a haste potion). We can beg a haste class to haste them and they are hasted as long as the buff lasts or they don't die, but that's it.

Of course, I expect someone to say how our debuffs are just as good as slow (ROFL). Sure, just cast two or three debuffs and it is as good as one cast of slow, which it still isn't.
    porky likes this.
  3. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

As a ranger these changes really don't effect me much. As long as the mobs I'm trying to headshot can be snared and rooted backing out of a summon to arrow range is pretty trivial. Probably lose a minute or two over 30 minutes in efficiency.
  4. Sokon Augur

- All EverQuest players who have purchased an EverQuest Next Landmark Founder's Pack now have access to special claim items in EverQuest and EverQuest 2.

What items were added in EQ? I don't plan on playing EQNL but I might buy a founder's pack for EQ items.
  5. Melanippe Augur

Flags for 0 SC in Marketplace.
  6. Khoza Augur

I've dealt with that before. What's wrong with it? (HoH style was my first thought on seeing the summoning additions, as well.) IIRC, HoH has a 4 mob limit, and anything additional makes mobs gate. You can still single kite, you just can't swarm/mass AE. Never had an issue kiting, or pulling, so long as we weren't getting adds.
  7. Gladare Augur

HoH is actually 8 I believe. I never found it to be a problem.
  8. Mytoss Elder

hope you dont change the blood drinker coating to this , i was really happy to get this.
    change it to 30 mins duration and 10 mins reuse instead :)
  9. Bigbear Augur

i wish they would make all mobs summon...unless you are in an instanced...and its not because i want to see any class kiting nerfed ... it is because i dont want kiters who loose control of their mobs to train my group..this will stop someone from pulling more than they can handle and then training said mobs over the top of my group..

but for those that can no longer kite in certain zones and havent been causing zone disruption...perhaps a fix to this fix could be that certain roots and/or snares can have a silence or non-summoning ability added to them so that the mobs cant summon u with root or snare on them.. i would be ok with that because once the root or snare faded and u were running away... u still wouldnt be training my group.. u would get summoned and DIE...

yes i am a trainer hater
    and both my wife and i play mages so this is not anti-mage related
  10. Kinadorm Augur

Preincarnation Change - Either the reduction in effectiveness or the single use aspect alone is enough to nerf Preincarnation. Doing both is too much. Also, while you are adjusting Preincarnation can you make it so you can't still die to a DoT when it does fire? Half the time it fires I still end up dying to a DoT.

Malosinete Change - Did "Wind of Malosinete" also get reduced? The new rank of that has the same issue as Malosinete.

Summoning Mob Change - The change making these mobs summon is the wrong fix for the problem. Making mobs summon removes the ability for many classes to solo them yet the main class that was causing a problem will still be able to solo these mobs using a pet to tank. I think you just need to deal directly with the problem and adjust the beam spells instead of altering the game playability for lots of other classes.
    Eviara likes this.
  11. Tarrin Augur

What is a good kiting instance you can get with out a group?
  12. strongbus Augur

It was not just mages they went after. they went after rangers grabbing groups and root/snare and HS and maybe sk swarming in some zones as well. Was this a good fix no. but seems they where trying to fix a few thing with one fix.
  13. Kinadorm Augur

How is this implemented? Does it give you a Yes/No prompt when you hit the camp button before exiting in case you accidentally hit the camp button? If not can a toggle be added under options to give users the option of a confirmation prompt? Does it work with the /camp desktop command as well?
  14. Kinadorm Augur

I absolutely hate the summoning mechanic but if it has to be in place then I also think it would be a great idea to add text about a mobs summoning ability to the npc's con messages. That way players can see before they trip the magic 97% number that this mob can summon them. Also add text if the mob is immune to run speed changes as well. We shouldn't have to wait until after we engage the mob to find out that it has been arbitrarily deemed a "special" npc when the other 10 npc's around it don't have these abilities/immunities.
    Yinla and Eviara like this.
  15. Ashran2 New Member

Don't see a bug thread for the latest patch, so putting this here. With the ability to scribe spells simply by right clicking them, I think this messed up tomes. On my SK when I right click a tome, it opens my spellbook and doesn't do anything. No error message, nothing. On my Zerker when I click it, nothing happens (Zerker's don't have spellbooks). I think somewhere in the code it got screwed up to try an place Abilities from tomes into the spellbook instead of into the Combat Ability window.
  16. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I agree would be nice to know if the mob has any anti kite mechanics before engaging. We have weak con mobs just add some thing to the con message.
  17. Uxtalzon Augur

I mean, okay, one class is destroying RoF zones for how many months unlike any other class that performs like them, so... wait. Imagine each class as a little cube, more or less the same size, and if you put them together you make a little house (called EQ). One of those cubes is pretty big, makes the house misshapen. Instead of carefully taking it apart and resizing the cube, like was done with another before long ago in the past... a sledgehammer is applied, then kids come in and chew on them leaving teeth marks and mauling up all the cubes. They no longer look like cubes. They're so messed up, they equally look trashed. Awesome. This will not go over well unless the choice of mobs are limited to several areas, so it's still possible for classes to do their stuff but just can't do it with 200+ mobs.

[IMG]

Awesome, one of the last couple tasks I need for the Timeshear and needing two players was dumb. What about Yemall the Arcane's task Studying the Portal, that requires THREE players using clickies on low-health mobs? That one I'm also stuck on. It's annoying enough to get people to even request these missions, even more so to drag them along on such trivial and (for them) time-wasting prospects.

Dangit. :mad:

Not that I use one, but what happens to players who have augments in those slots?

Finally, something for Half-Elves I hope. We get like what, three different hairstyles only, and then bald. I want some long hair to match my flowing mane IRL! (Will donate a portion once long enough to Locks of Love)

So, no merc changes? Merc gear still next to useless? Merc AAs still vague-as-crap? D:
  18. Uxtalzon Augur

Forgot to add:

Adapting what hackers use, now? Some notorious groups already scripted themselves to insta-camp (not LD, no 30 second wait) as soon as I get into a certain range of them. Making everyone wait 30 seconds to camp isn't going to hurt anyone but the impatient. lol
  19. Feradach Augur

The new feature only works in non-combat zones. Can't really think of any exploit potential with that limitation in place...
  20. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Can we get a toggle for this please? I like the 30 seconds to remember I should have done something before I logged.