Test Update 12/06/2013

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by KevinMcP, Dec 6, 2013.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Ewwww the char select has gone all white......can we have the green back please?
  3. Zaph Augur

Seeing as there is a HUGE change in mobs summoning, perhaps you may considering adding this to the consider message

"This Monster/NPC may take a army to defeat, it may also summon you."
    beryon, Kinadorm, Fanra and 2 others like this.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

We have messages for weakened mobs this sounds like a great idea!

Make it so!
  5. Bronut Augur

I really am speachless at how much u have just changed the game.
    How much time and effort, attached too goals, that u have shattered.
    You have just put a knife in the back of everquest, imo. lets hope it lives, and that u dont beat it too death in the next expansion . thanks
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Catapult area is now lacking in goblins, I could only find one in Korascian Warrens. What have you done with the other PHs for Peskysnout?

Looks like at least 1 of the PH's for Crystalline Thaumadont is missing.

Have the spawn rates on the rares been increased to compensate for the lack of PHs?

Didn't find any Living saps in Evantil that summoned but I did find Oozing Sap summons. Any chance of getting these changed to weak con mobs, so at least there is some chance of still killing them without needing both a healer and a tank merc?
  7. kulca New Member

Thanks for the great patch to balance the game.
  8. Iila Augur

Always over-Nerf anything even remotely related to a problem issue. Why use a moderate solution to being the issue to a usable level when you can make those players regret ever getting those abilities?
    Kaenneth and Sinestra like this.
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Valley summoning mobs could do with being changed both the farmers and the oshima are used in the daily quest, you are making it so casters cannot solo the dailys at all, unlike melee who just need to grab a healer merc. Spiders and Impalers maybe?
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Gated to pok and got kicked off, I had been about to camp and changed my mind and gated to pok before hand, did /camp desktop later and got kicked straight out................i don't like it can I get my 30 second countdown back, at least make it optional.
  11. Marton Augur

Yes, nerfing all kiting classes is the best solution to beam kiting problem. :rolleyes:
    Dre., Gyurika Godofwar, Iila and 2 others like this.
  12. Miss_Jackie Custom Title

I guess this means I can't kite as well. What exactly is the point of making them summon, instead of just fixing what the real problem is?
  13. Explicit Augur

You're right, they should've just nerfed the beam spell that was being used to do this.

Unfortunately, our mage friends do not agree -- they NEED that 1 second reuse 10k BEAM with unlimited targets to farm....greys for tradeskills.

Easier, less destructive, solutions to "beam problem":
    A. Limit beam to 8 targets (Hi, wizard)
    B. Make their beam a PBAE (Hello again, wizards)

What's the problem with the above solutions? Wizards have no issue farming greys for tradeskills with PBAE spells and limited target AEs...what makes mages so special that they need arguably the most exploitable spell in the game save Preincarnation to do the same thing?
  14. Falos Augur

Give it up and stop with your anti-mage crusade that you've had for the past year or so. I think it is silly that the 'fix' they used to stop beam kiting screws over so many kiters, the nerf literally does not hurt me at all as a mage since i get my exp via pet tanking, not by beaming, and summoning mobs dont do anything to me...

but your endless nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf mage beam calls is rather tiresome. It should not be nerfed, in fact wizard beams should be UNNERFED.
    Kaenneth and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  15. Explicit Augur

You seem to have missed the countless posts where I said that exact same thing. At some point though, you have to realize that -both- classes would end up abusing such a spell with no recourse in sight -- until they decided that nerfing kiting for everyone was the way to go.

Anti-mage? Please, you take too much offense over any perceived slight against your class.

Powerful unlimited target spells, in general, are beyond exploitable. This has nothing to do with mages, it just happens you guys are the only ones with such a spell.

Good for you for using a legitimate means to generate exp, unfortunately you are not the only mage in EQ (note that a lot of these "beamers" are alts people made specifically for that spell). To the class' credit, I actually haven't seen a "main" mage abuse this spell other than Jalany (lul).

At this point, it would have been a simple fix for a long-term, highly-disruptive, problem. Sure, honest players would suffer a small bit from a crippled beam but it'd be nothing in comparison to the huge sigh of relief a lot of other honest players would be blessed with in return.

Alternatively -- they could fix the lag. This is by far the best solution but not one that most of us see as practical, though it'd be great if they were at least working on it (or informed us either way).
    Reprisal and Tanit like this.
  16. Piemastaj Augur

This is actually a step in the proper direction, and what SOE should be doing from now on.

They shouldn't be changing classes around based on abilities, they should be changing their content. Beams are used in more then kiting, nerfing the limit on it and such changes how some raids can be dealt with, changes how you can TS and such. It also means they need to give Magicians 2 entirely new spells to compensate for the loss of beaming (Wizards got different spells).

We would be able to have nicer things if SOE changed their content instead of abilities they have handed out. Wizzies should have their beams unnerfed. they shoulda made Icefall summon like they did here lol.
  17. Explicit Augur

I can agree with this to some extent. I guess it would be entirely dependent on just how much content they made summon, obviously this patch is kind of overkill but if it continues to be a trend...would we see players fighting for the only kiteable patch of mobs?
  18. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

So 1 class is happy and the other 3 or 4 kiting classes get screwed. By your reckoning those classes should get something to compensate for not being able to kite anymore.

This is totally the wrong move, there is no reason whatsoever to punish all those other classes for something they are not doing. This doesn't effect mages soloing at all, they will just use their pet to tank, this does however effect wizzys, necros and druids, someone mentioned chanters but I have no knowledge of them.

If Merc tanks were worth anything druids would at least be able to use them for soloing, not sure how good necro pets are these days. This affects wizzys worse than anyone, but then again the devs have always hated wizzys since manaburn, so I'm not sure why I'm surprised they went this route.
    Xeladom, Gyurika Godofwar and Tanit like this.
  19. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

This has already started the majority of mobs in Ethernere either summon or are unsnareable, unless they are weak con mobs.
  20. Tarrin Augur

As a druid, where am I supposed to solo now?
    Why should I be the one to pay the price for other people complaining about another class's abilities ( regardless if they should be adjusted or not )?
    Fanra likes this.