CoTF Beta Reward?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Movistar, Nov 19, 2013.

1. Axxius Augur

o_O
    That must be an error! I was just going to add a Royal Tier'Dal wiz merc just for the cool looks.

OMG SOE plz fix it.

P.S. Oh I get it - since the clerics in Neriak4g wear cloth and not plate, the devs decided that the caster merc needs to wear something else. But it doesn't! Clerics wear cloth chest. Make the casters wear cloth robes!

And that applies to the caster mobs in Neriak4g too. They are wearing old robes. I guess the Dark Elf Cloth Robe wasn't ready yet when the zone was populated? But now it is. Give them the new robes.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  2. noxangelus New Member

well i was in beta and worked on the content and tested it yet i did not get a beta award sigh thats so dumb ;/
  3. Leerah Augur

Doubt that's your problem. I did RoF beta, didn't purchase expansion and I got beta rewards.
  4. Gragas Augur

Kind of sad my healer merc named Helga can only be a male Royal Tier'Dal.
  5. Gnar Augur

It would be better if you could select male or female models of each merc class. Personally I like to make the ladys do all the hard work.

Though i was praying for a Cyclops illusion, Id like to suggest it and the othmir for a polymorph and petamorph wand ;P
  6. Reprisal Augur

Phew, I was worried it'd be something I'd care about, but missing out on this I can handle.

The gingerbread man illusion on the other hand, I cried for weeks.
    Leerah and Mykaylla like this.
  7. Gnar Augur

Personally i think they should shelve the token system and go back and retroactively give people the beta rewards for any beta they have been in. Some people test many things and never get tokens and get crap, some people just log in and do one tradeskill over and over for tokens, some log in and just kill mobs over and over and get tokens, some raid for tokens.All are doing something, all should get the reward.

Drop the token system complelety just give whoever gets in the reward, will make more people try to get in and in the process test stuff at their own pace without having to worry about grinding out tokens or being the select few who can test raids.
    Gyurika Godofwar and beryon like this.
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Caster merc, male or female ?
  9. Gnar Augur

Caster is female de in mostly ssra silk ornaments, though the boots are something else.
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Thanks, I'll check if I qualified when I get home. Only merc I don't have at the moment is caster merc. The ssra robe was ok, but I didn't like the other ssra caster look.

I like my siren healer, Chapterhouse skelly tank and pig melee dps looks, I hope this one looks decent as a caster...can't wait to get home now, 1 hour till I finish work!
  11. Caudyr Augur

Honestly, while I can agree...I'd much rather see illusions (y'know, a randomly selected Harrowing Horde illusion when you click the item or something like that omg! :p) than merc skins, tbh. Especially when it's just a dark elf with the armor. They should've just had this unlock when you finish savior of neriakd + maybe the conquest/hunter achievements for the zone.........not as a beta reward. I could get behind this...but this reward...is not 'nice' as others said was hinted at. It's just...kind of a cop out, imo. ^^
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

999 weeeeeeeee all my chars get a new merc on this account. :)
  13. CaptAmazing Augur

How many token clicks did you have and got the reward?
  14. beryon Augur

This. The token system has very little correlation to actual content testing anyway. The first beta I managed to get into was HoT, when they finally changed the acceptance process from "Hey guys beta signups are open now for the next few minutes haha too late better luck next time" to something more civilized. I didn't know much about tokens at the time. I spent a lot of time testing the new housing system & giving feedback on the forums. I got no beta reward for it, and I really would've liked the gingerbread illusion. Afterwards I found out that people just rack up tokens from the ts combines, so that's what I do now, instead of spending more time out exploring the new content. So now I get tokens but I see less of the expansion, and of course now that I'm getting the tokens, there hasn't been anything I've really wanted since the gingerbread illusion and siren merc, which I can't get now. I'd love to see some way to acquire a previous reward.

On the plus side, kudos for making the claim 999.
    Leerah likes this.
  15. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I had the usual 50
  16. Tobynn Augur

Two raid-level tokens got me a fat nothing. Good times.
  17. Falos Augur

I primarily farmed beta tokens for my mage and bard but i did pad out a few tokens for my 2nd mage as well as my ranger account.

I farmed more tokens than needed for my mage and bard but I only clicked 2 tokens on my ranger (he did not get the reward) and I clicked 11 tokens on my 2nd mage account - he got the beta reward.
  18. Axxius Augur

50-ish. We didn't get any dev testing this time, so I just went on a trash slaughter.
  19. wingz-83 Augur

Yes female DE mercs please!
  20. Geroblue Augur

I didn't get any tokens and no rewards. I tried to be useful in beta, but I didn't accomplish much.