CoTF Beta Reward?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Movistar, Nov 19, 2013.

1. Geroblue Augur

I would settle for a significant number of level III adventure pots.
  2. Phrett Augur

I hope it's not that high... considering we beta tested their raids over and over and I only recall getting a token blast once, maybe twice. That's over the course of several weeks, tons of runs on multiple raids. Will be interesting to see how they handle it...

in the meantime, hurry up already with the beta rewards o_O
  3. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

< did 0 raids with developers
  4. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

meaning we got 0 beta tokens from them =(...

edit button still broke
  5. BoomWalker Augur

Shrug....getting 50 doesn't seem that much of a challenge if you actually participate in beta for a little bit....

Over 150 stones on two toons in RoF wasn't a stretch...50 in CotF took very little time...think I hit 100 on each toon for that beta.

And figure that how many beta testers get through most of the content? All of it isn't usually even ready at the start of beta so you can't work through most/all of it.

But changing the system would be a nice option...perhaps let folks pick a zone or two to focus on to work through all the content and help refine anything that needs to be adjusted for the group game. This would mean some folks would need to be 'flagged' for a zone that has previous progression perhaps...but the intent would be those folks work those zones mostly to see all quests and missions to find bugs, tuning needs, etc. rather than having folks sit in the starter zone farming stones just killing mobs over and over for now real benefit to the beta process.

And it could also be where someone that finishes all collections for a zone get a few extra stones for that achievement and even more for doing all the collections in all zones. Again to complete them to test if they are working as designed.

Could really design a two reward system...one in beta...and one for test. Cuz test is really where the final testing is suppose to happen...right? It is to test things before going live...rather than beta...right?
  6. Gragas Augur

Not really sure what the purpose of the test server is? Besides letting people play for free on gold accounts. Do not think they have actually released actual expansions on test before they went to live, ever?
  7. Gladare Augur

Patches go there first to test for bugs.
  8. Khoza Augur

Test generally gets everything a week before live, including expansions and pre-launch events. Aside from initially testing, it also allows them to run large-scale tests on their bug fixes before they go live. (And there have been some bugs we did NOT want on Live!)
  9. BoomWalker Augur

And that one week is not enough...since the UCS 'fix' wasn't noticed during that one week test....oh wait...it wasn't even put on test first....nm....

Still, test should be for testing...not token testing...so I agree with Gragas...what is test for....other than free play...
  10. Siddar Augur

Beta reward is determine by a % of player getting the reward based on amount of there total number of Tokens collected. So say 50% of player in Beta get the reward based upon how many tokens they collected. Given that a huge number of people every Beta do almost nothing in regard to collecting tokens are anything really but look around a bit then leave, the reward threshold is fairly low.

I'm not even sure they Beta tested raids this year they may have just left them open to players and then took feedback based upon those guilds that tried the raids on there own initiative.
  11. Leerah Augur

There were scheduled raids for the top guilds. They got 2-3 shots at (a single raid?) with a scheduled developer.
  12. Leerah Augur

Each of your raid tokens is worth 40 grind tokens.
  13. Phrett Augur

Ah good, I've beta tested several expansions but only for raids... never realized there were different tokens. That makes more sense.
  14. Mykaylla Augur

Beta reward is in /claim now.
  15. Axxius Augur

Is it the new armor DE merc? I don't recall seeing it in the /claim clusterlist before.
    Leerah likes this.
  16. Abazzagorath Augur

Awful. Just awful. And this was supposed to be what was hinted to be "very good"?
  17. Axxius Augur

Depends on the point of view. Beta rewards can't be anything practical, so they are usually illusions, mercs or silly clickies. This one is a wish granted to those who wanted merc armor to work like hero forge - you get a standard DE merc but with the spiffy new armor. I actually don't mind this at all, being a fan of the Tier'Dal armor.
  18. wingz-83 Augur

19. Falos Augur

The merc skins actually look quite cool imo, especially the cleric one, though i find it kind of funny that the wizard merc uses shissar armor skin instead of dark elf hero's forge :p

That being said I really was thinking the reward would be something new / unique and not another merc skin or illusion (but I wish it had been an othmir illusion with a top hat) As far as beta merc skins go i'd say this skin is either the best or 2nd best (tossup with siren merc skin) WAYYYYYY better than hadal merc though.
  20. Recnarp Augur

Just checked Recnarp, and he doesn't have it.

Do you not get beta rewards if you didn't purchase the expansion?