CoTF Beta Reward?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Movistar, Nov 19, 2013.

1. CaptAmazing Augur

2. Gnar Augur

Any hints on what its going to be?
  3. Mykaylla Augur

Eww, messy!
  4. The Drood Elder

Cant Wait to see what it could be....
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Curious if I got enough Beta tokens to get the reward.

What was the needed count this year?
  6. Falos Augur

It's different every year based on a curve but people tend to aim for 50.

Personally I wish they'd scrap the current system and instead balance it more and also give a clear specific number of required tokens for people to farm (IE post the numbers needed for that years beta in a sticky thread on the beta forums based on the number of people that registered for beta that year)

Also the group / raid beta token system seems a bit out of whack I mean realistically it is significantly easier to get the beta reward with virtually no effort if you are in a raid guild (i speak from several years of personal experience on this). And yes I realize raid testing is important but lets be real here, the only people that actually EARN the raid beta tokens are honestly just the guild officers / raid leader of the raid force testing with the dev. Everyone else is just showing up and earning DKP / participation credit with their guild and getting a beta reward for like 2 hours of their time.

Groupers however have to literally farm for several days (or luck out and get included on quite a few dev testing groups)

EDIT: I'm not saying raiders should not get beta tokens (they all should) but unless you are a guild officer / raid leader honestly your 'participation' on the raid is not really any greater effort than a group of players with a dev in group content) So honestly I think for 'fairness' anyone that does a mission or quest line in a player group with a dev should be granted a raid token just the same as a person that does raid testing (since 1 raid token = insta assurance of beta reward)
    Leerah likes this.
  7. Abazzagorath Augur

Completing any partisan/merc achievement for zones in beta should give the reward of a raid beta token. Though the reward would get nixed at the very end of beta probably so it wouldn't go live that way, it would encourage people to do the content to test it.
    Falos likes this.
  8. smash Augur

A nice beta reward would be that they made Places for a house or 2 in normal zones, and then random them out.
    Or some mercenary equipment with 50 heal, 50 damage, 1k hps,, X dam
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Which is why I asked what the count was for this year.
  10. Abazzagorath Augur

Last year it was really really low. 19 tokens on one account and it received the beta reward. Probably shows how people are testing the content less and less.
  11. Riou EQResource

No surprise there, Beta has always been dead for random LFG-ing, bring your own group or don't bother :p since the Dev's no longer focus test non-Raid content.
    Leerah likes this.
  12. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

which is sad because they do such a bad job at the raid content
  13. Leerah Augur

I hang out there a lot and only saw TWO broadcasts for players to test group content. No wonder Bixie Hive and Dead Hills missions are such a hot mess.

This will be the first year since Prophecy of Ro that I won't be getting a beta reward. Doing so many TS combines for four accounts last year and spending weeks to get tokens by killing trash the year before put me off.
  14. pk76 Augur

at least if we could know the amount needed for tokens that would help.......
    we are not taking any chance and we getting 75 or so.. X 6 for the group.
  15. Tobynn Augur

As has been mentioned, the number of tokens required varies from one beta to the next.

I recall one of the devs vaguely explained how they arrive at the number of tokens required to be eligible for any beta reward item. The way I understood it, they use the median number of tokens acquired by beta players. From there, they determine an arbitrary number a bit under that median and use that new number as the cutoff point. This puts prizes in the hands of most beta players who actually made an attempt to accumulate tokens.
  16. Lananan Journeyman

I wish you got it for how many useful /bugs you put in addition to the tokens. I can't tell you how much fun I had breaking mob pathing and zone line "walls". Reported all of it, but never got a single token.

*clarifying - I do this whenever I get into beta, I never get any tokens, but try to break stuff so I can report it. I don't expect tokens, but it'd be nice to get a reward for at least one of the betas I've been in.*

[IMG][IMG]
    artofnoise and beryon like this.
  17. Edrick Augur

Chandrok just spilled the beans, it's a clicky that does a zonewide deathtouch except its bugged and hits players too.
  18. Rainbowdash Augur

I'm....ok with this. As long as it gives the caster all the xp and loot...and promises that other players also hit with it WILL cry about it. I'd totally take multiple self-inflicted DTs for all that.
  19. iniari-TR Augur

The Crimson staff of the Tempest ! :p
  20. Leerah Augur

Since the only people who really got to participate were raiders in the top 10 guilds, and since they did 2-3 raids each, (2 skeeballs/raid night) I'm going to predict the median this year is 80.