Update Bugs 11/06/13

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by JChan, Nov 6, 2013.

1. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

The Secrets of an Entire World (Rain of Fear) collectable "Absent Mind" is listed under Achievements as "An Absent Mind".

Either a "An" needs to be added to "Absent Mind" or removed from "An Absent Mind".

Yours truly,
    Fanra the Hobgoblin
  2. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Yes, today is my day for pointing out really minor unimportant nit-picking bugs. Since I don't have doors not opening the wrong way to point out, here we go:

Under Default UI > loadscreens, "loadscreen56.jpg" has the following text:

Proper grammar states that "its" should be used in this sentence instead of "it's". The way to tell is if you can substitute "his" or "her" instead, then don't use "it's". Just like you wouldn't use "her's" in that sentence.

http://data.grammarbook.com/blog/pronouns/1-grammar-error/
    http://public.wsu.edu/~brians/errors/its.html

[IMG]
    Uxtalzon likes this.
  3. Mizoto Lorekeeper

Orphic cards used in research recipes produce level 81-85 spells instead of the intended 91-95.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  4. malibu66 Elder

Well, since we are down to Grammar bugs ... how about fixing the helm graphic! It goes back to the un-ornamented look whenever an illusion wears off. I love my Freedom of Nature - but it is UGLY.
  5. Angahran Augur

Not specific to this patch, but still annoying.
    When you are in a raid, every time you zone you get the message 'Your mercenary has been suspended'.
    You cannot have a mercenary if you are in a raid, so of course it is suspended!
    Axxius and Lighteningrod like this.
  6. Lighteningrod Augur

7. Fenthen aka Rath

Is there a reason why trash mobs in HAs are wild ramping for 18k? These were supposed to be tuned for "2 players + 2 mercs" and they really are not.
  8. Fenthen aka Rath

AE ress does not hit if you are hovering. Please correct.
  9. Flaiyre New Member

The warrior ability Imperative Command strips Eyes of the Howler off of rangers.
  10. Caudyr Augur

Are you referring to the fact that it seems to appear on the top of the agro list for brief moments sometimes? I've never had it actually cause me or others to get agro from using it, however. It only reduces the rogue's hate, not everyone else's.
    Well, if that was all the mob did then I'd say wild rampage for that might not be so bad...but...a lot of these mobs do wild rampage for that as well as having some relatively (or really, in some cases) nasty AEs. If they have heavy/nasty AEs, then they should have weaker AE rampage (or none at all).

I'd also be inclined to say that Rampage itself should work in a similar fashion as above, but...it's not AE, so...I dunno about that one. *shrugs*

Now for my bug report:

The new "Paragon" items have no tribute values...and the weapons/shields/range items you can get from completing the parts of the Hero's Journey are not placeable! If they go in primary, secondary or range, they should be placeable, should they not? :D
  11. Uxtalzon Augur

Valiant Deflection (PAL spell came out with COTF) was discussed in Beta as supposed to having a hate-over-time on the target, and a heal to the target's target. Right now and actually ever since COTF came out, it has no duration of hate, just the impact of the spell.

So now in raids or groups I can chain-cast Ostracize and Valiant Deflection back-to-back and basically not worry about stealing aggro since the hate generated is negligible against another tank/merc. I don't know if that was intended or not, but it is very useful to do while waiting between casting splash and providing pathetic amounts of DPS in the meantime. Nix the DPS and just sit there casting as a really bad cleric is a better alternative than the chance of the tank dying.

+++++++++++++++

Also that warrior aura that gives AC (forget the name) has for the longest time stripped any Myrmidon's Skill click effect that usually comes with most shoulder items nowadays. Could it not do that anymore, and just override it instead?
  12. Gladare Augur

The ac aura does not do that. You're thinking of commanding voice which is a group buff disc. I'm so glad that raid clickies are now equal to it so warriors no longer have to spam the disc.

Commanding Voice
    Classes: WAR/68
    Skill: Defense
    Endurance: 200
    Target: Caster Group, MGB: No
    AE Range: 100'
    Beneficial: Blockable
    Casting: 0s, Recast: 1.5s, Timer: 10, Rest: 1.5s
    Duration: 60s (10 ticks), Extendable: Yes, Dispelable: Yes
    2: Increase Chance to Dodge by 20%
  13. Axxius Augur

If only! Brief?! It steals aggro from the tank all the time causing the mob to hit the closest PC (which may or may not be the tank). Maybe it's not as noticeable in groups as in raids, but try it in a raid and you'll see.

I would have loved to see that pet's owner randomly be the closest pc to a raid boss. The irony! :D
    But we banned it from raids already.
  14. Malbro Augur

Gave a book to the Historian in The Dead Hills and did the dialogue. I lost the gutters on my chat windows.
    Logging and coming back in did not fix it. Default UI.
  15. Explicit Augur

It's bugged. What it's doing is out-aggroing active tanks. Sure, the active tank can taunt off or just stay in melee range so no one dies but it is most definitely not working as intended.

We've told rogues not to use it since it had been causing problems in COTF due to every single raid forcing knockback down your throat, doesn't roll too well with rogue pets randomly taunting while tanks are oor and killing melee.

In any case, Phantom Assassin is bugged and needs to be looked at.

My guess? Something to do with this spell which is proc'd by the pet. Under the effects of Fierce Eye, it's bound to proc at insane rates.

[40303] Phantom Assassination
    Target: Single
    Range: 100'
    Resist: Unresistable
    Reflectable: No
    Casting: 0s
    1: Backstab Attack for 89 with 1000% Accuracy Mod
    2: Increase Current Hate by 10% --- this seems ridiculous and has no bearing on the rogue who cast the pet's aggro. Remove it? Lower it?

[Mon Oct 21 22:55:00 2013] Xulous Prime is stabbed by a phantom assassin.
    [Mon Oct 21 22:55:00 2013] Xulous Prime is stabbed by a phantom assassin.
    [Mon Oct 21 22:55:02 2013] Xulous Prime is stabbed by a phantom assassin.
    [Mon Oct 21 22:55:03 2013] Xulous Prime is stabbed by a phantom assassin.
    [Mon Oct 21 22:55:03 2013] Xulous Prime is stabbed by a phantom assassin.
    [Mon Oct 21 22:55:05 2013] Xulous Prime is stabbed by a phantom assassin.
    [Mon Oct 21 22:55:06 2013] Xulous Prime is stabbed by a phantom assassin.
    [Mon Oct 21 22:55:08 2013] Xulous Prime is stabbed by a phantom assassin.

8 procs in 8 seconds from a single pet.
  16. Ashigaru Augur

Not sure if this was changed in the most recent patch - but the Doomscale Horde group mission seems bugged - Captain Galenth seems to die very very easily. Not sure if this is intended?
  17. Caudyr Augur

No, I'm fairly certain that's how it runs things all the time. It does a 'round' of stabs. I don't think it's a proc or anything like that. However, it does seem to do double hits occasionally.

I'm not sure why it is getting hate, though...it's definitely reducing the rogue's hate...but...why it should actually be gaining hate such that it can pull agro from the tank, yeah that definitely needs to be looked at, heh.
  18. Vanrau Augur

Mouse look seems to be bugged ever since Cotf launched. Doesn't matter what I use for a mouse, even touch pad has the same issue.

When I look up it stops at a certain point and reverses direction and goes the other way if I keep moving the mouse to look up. I don't have look spring turned on or invert y aixs.

I have to unclick the right mouse button and just use the numpad to look up sometimes.
  19. Uxtalzon Augur

Ah! That cleared it up. Thought it was their AC song/aura. Still sucks that it strips the myrmidon skill click effect, though I know at least it's replaced with something better. :D
  20. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

While doing the task "The Nature Walker", the NPCs were saying their text twice:

[Mon Nov 11 18:01:15 2013] You say, 'Hail, Beyar Liikedeh'
    [Mon Nov 11 18:01:15 2013] Beyar Liikedeh says 'Welcome, Fanra, successor of Great Bear. Your arrival in our woods at this hour is both troubling and comforting. We know already that you seek to cleanse the ills in our woods, but the tidings that there is an infiltrator among our council come as a surprise from one who delivered a [seed of corruption] into our home.'
    [Mon Nov 11 18:01:15 2013] Beyar Liikedeh says 'Welcome, Fanra, successor of Great Bear. Your arrival in our woods at this hour is both troubling and comforting. We know already that you seek to cleanse the ills in our woods, but the tidings that there is an infiltrator among our council come as a surprise from one who delivered a [seed of corruption] into our home.'
    [Mon Nov 11 18:01:16 2013] The hushed murmur of conversation goes silent as a single voice calls out through the woods, 'You there, druid... Approach the council.'
    [Mon Nov 11 18:01:16 2013] Your task 'The Nature Walker' has been updated.
    [Mon Nov 11 18:01:46 2013] You say, 'Seed of corruption'
    [Mon Nov 11 18:01:46 2013] Beyar Liikedeh says 'The forces that beckoned you here are the same that perpetrate the boundless ignorance that those that call themselves the [unkempt druids] exemplify in their misinterpretation of the law of the true Unkempt Wards.'
    [Mon Nov 11 18:01:46 2013] Beyar Liikedeh says 'The forces that beckoned you here are the same that perpetrate the boundless ignorance that those that call themselves the [unkempt druids] exemplify in their misinterpretation of the law of the true Unkempt Wards.'
    [Mon Nov 11 18:01:58 2013] You say, 'unkempt druids'
    [Mon Nov 11 18:01:58 2013] Beyar Liikedeh says 'The imposters that live beyond the borders of the sacred woods have sullied the name of the sacred ones, not out of malice mind you, simply ignorance. Misguided in their efforts by the foolhardy and easily manipulated, fundamentalist in their own regard, but that is not at the heart of the matter. You come before the council now, Successor of Great Bear, to [accuse] one of us of inflicting sickness upon our home?'
    [Mon Nov 11 18:01:58 2013] Beyar Liikedeh says 'The imposters that live beyond the borders of the sacred woods have sullied the name of the sacred ones, not out of malice mind you, simply ignorance. Misguided in their efforts by the foolhardy and easily manipulated, fundamentalist in their own regard, but that is not at the heart of the matter. You come before the council now, Successor of Great Bear, to [accuse] one of us of inflicting sickness upon our home?'

And not just that NPC but so far it seems all of them.

Bertoxx server.