CotF TS'd Armor sets

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Xianzu_Monk_Tunare, Oct 19, 2013.

1. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

I asked this in Beta and never got any answer to it, but can someone really explain why The TS'd Armor sets have no real rhyme or reason behind who can use 3 out of the 4 sets.

^Only set which can only be used by the normal users of that look.
    ^Somewhat understandable; though Cleric in general stands out as odd though they do have some Robes they can wear.
    ^Again not really any sense behind Cleric being in this list; not really much sense in Rogue or Zerker either, but they make a little more sense.
    ^They could have replaced this list will All Except Monk. No idea what they reasoning here.

Why in the world are Clerics on all the sets? How was it decided who was going to be allowed on what set? I am kind of at the point where either make them all just the standard useable classes or make them all All/All. I see no reason why the sets are so inconsistent as far as who can use them.

Clerics can use all 4 sets. Ranger and Shaman can only use 1 set. Everyone else can use 2 sets.
  2. Sebbina Augur

Clerics can use all 4 sets. Ranger and Shaman can only use 1 set. Everyone else can use 2 sets.
    Except druids.
  3. Stac Elder

Not the usual dev on TS stuff this round. However, I like the unusual options except for the omissions of the leather classes on the chain. Also, I believe Ethernere Essence has an important influence regarding the unusual nature of this expansions crafted gear.

I've always thought armor use should only be restricted to classes based on it's weight, flexibility & texture (including the magical stuff). Plate classes = any type, Chain classes = all but plate, etc. Everyone should be able to don cloth armor.
  4. Tarrin Augur

That would cause some interesting backlash and complaining.
  5. Elricvonclief Augur

For cultural, isn't the point moot? There are no cultural sets atm, which makes me ./boggle....
  6. beryon Augur

And beastlords.
  7. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Maybe there getting rid of culture or something. I made 3 sets of chronomage armor on FV server and there no trade hopefully that gets fixed soon. Just seems EQ is going downhill now. I used to play on bristlebane you still wearing that pink armor? my bard used to don pink armor hehe.

Andarriel
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Why can wizzys wear chain and not leather?

Chain will be too heavy for finger wigglers.
  9. beryon Augur

Makes more sense than them lugging around these huge metal shields. I always thought it was weird that they were restricted to bathrobes for armor but the huge metal shields are no problem. Also that rogues wear chain instead of leather. But yeah, the allowed classes on this stuff seems kinda random. Also, the metal Distorting Guard has crappy AC & is for casters, & the wooden Petrified Wood Shield has normal AC & is for the non-tank plate & chain classes. Monks, bards, & rangers can use both; beastlords can use neither.