Use not my bones

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Vlerg, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Vlerg Augur

Neriak 4th gate- house of thex achievement: complete the mission without anyone dying in the undead golem aura.

done that mission several time, nobody ever died, never got that achievement.

what are the real criteria to unlock it?

and on the other hand... got the achievement to kill both golem within 1 minute without actually killing them within 1 minute.
  2. Tarrin Augur

From what I am told, do not use swarm pets.
  3. Explicit Augur

I think this means you need to stand in his aura continuously and not die. I get all 3 bonus achievements every time I run the mission, just tanking the two golems next to each other.

Maybe you're using a pet to tank or something, I am not too sure.
  4. Falos Augur

We pet tanked this mission and got the achievement no problem, I run two mages and we got all 3 conquests relatively easily. What I did was remove anything that proc'd swarm pets and used no swarm pets of any kind (not sure if they prevent the achievement but we didnt wanna risk it) just full burned each golem on each mage in unison while tanking them relatively close to each other.
  5. Fenthen aka Rath

I'm pretty sure using my Cleric pet prevented this achievement as well -- which is odd because pets/mercs never count for challenge of toughness achievements.
  6. Absor Developer

You shouldn't need to stand in the aura at all. It should only care if a PC dies inside the aura. If one does, then you don't get the achievement. If it isn't working that way, then it's broken.

A
  7. Vlerg Augur

Got the achievement today.

No need to stand in the aura, but any kind of pet or swarm pet ( or that new warrior pet discipline) make the achievement fail, apparently.
  8. Fenthen aka Rath

It shouldn't run that way at all. =/
  9. Malacath Journeyman

I did this Mission 3 times no merc/pet/player died no swarm pet used no achievement :( i even tried not killing the golems adds and still didnt work
  10. Denial_Sinfae Augur

I experienced the same issues today on my first run, but on the second run was successful (farming AC aug, yay for Instance-chest-only-augs!!!).

On the first run I went just 3 boxing, SK, Wiz, Bard... I didn't use any swarm pets on bard or wiz, but I did use the little skelly swarmers on SK. Neither my wiz merc or my two healer mercs died. -- This run I did not receive the completion. Took all of 5 minutes to finish mission.

Second run I invited some guildies so I didn't have to load up alts after raids.... Was SK, Ranger, Druid, Wiz, Wiz, Healer Merc. Took about 2 minutes to do mission, didn't use SK swarm pets, wiz / dru didn't use any swarm pets.... and we all received credit for the achievement.

- Oh, and each mission everyone just ate the auras. I don't know if that plays into anything at all.
  11. Marshall Maathers Augur

So that I am clear on this, if we use a necro pet to offtank the add-spawning boss where it spawns, and the rest of the group burns the other boss where it spawns, and then turn our attention to the other boss, with no deaths and no swarm pets or warrior projection, we should get this achievement?

That seems to be my interpretation of Absor's comment, so I guess I will have to petition, since the third time trying this did not work.
  12. Malacath Journeyman

thats what i've been trying and it hasnt worked
    btw good luck with petitioning it i did and they basicly said its a known bug and they can't help me with it
  13. Marshall Maathers Augur

Okay, hopefully they will find the solution then. In the meantime while I farm the event for the aug, I might try tanking them together and see if that works.
  14. Malacath Journeyman

just tried a full group no pet burned both down no deaths no achievement :( fix this please
  15. silku Augur

Just a thought.. the warrior/paladin/sk aggro thing, where it creates an invisible man for a few moments to build aggro faster.. could that be the 'death' it's counting?
  16. Malacath Journeyman

you know i just thought of something every time i've tried it i've killed the bone crusher first maybe its counting that as the death
  17. Explicit Augur

I've run this mission 13 times now, completing all 3 achievements the last 10 times (box runs, first three were with real groups).

My group consists of 1 healer merc, 1 wizard merc, 2 wizards and a warrior. I kill Bone Crusher first then the other, I tank both mobs right next to each other in the aura, I ignore the adds, I don't move any toons for the duration.

I also don't use Projection or Phantom on this mission, maybe that's triggering a fail.
  18. Marshall Maathers Augur

I tanked them next to each other the whole time and no update. Warrior Shaman Necro and 3 mercs (1 cleric and 2 burn wizzies). Necro sending only his pet, no temp pets, and dotting. Shaman healing and dotting. I'm boggled. I painstakingly did not use projection or phantasm.

One thing is that the mercs burn down the adds rather quickly. Anyone get it when killing the adds along the way?
  19. Marshall Maathers Augur

I have a strong hypothesis that I know what it is, and I can't stop myself from pointing it out before I get the chance to fully test it......

Failure:

Success:

It's simple, the requirements for the two achievements (the burn and the survival) are reversed. If you survive, you get the burn achievement, and vice versa.

I have yet to find someone who has received the survival achievement that didn't meet the criteria for the burn achievement.
    Malacath likes this.
  20. PoetatasterFV New Member

I can confirm this is what is occurring.

First time I did this mission, with no deaths, took about 5 minutes, and I got the burn achieve even though I did not kill them in under 1 minute.

Several more kills around 5 mins with no deaths and got no other achieves.

I just did it again and killed the golems within 10 seconds of each other and got "use not my bones" achieve.
    Malacath likes this.