Non-Raiding Necromancers

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by fransisco, Sep 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Filterx New Member

Either put DB back to normal or triple the mana regen on Lich.
  2. Pyemia Elder

Again, this was a 392 mana per tick, nerf.

For all the other classes (that are at least casters), let's put that in perspective. Think of how many AAs you've spent on adding (a single point at a time) to your mana regeneration. Think of how much you've spent on items, or the time you spent on raids, to upgrade your gear with that little bit of extra mana regen.

Now, you've done all that and with a single swipe of the nerf bat, take away 392 mana per tick.

If you still can't get it, I can't help you. Necromancers have every right to be pissed.
    Yyin likes this.
  3. Sinestra Augur

Then again, maybe we're looking at this wrong since a we've got too much according to some. The same reasoning, mana needing to be a resource again, is why Druids were told they wouldn't get any mana regain like harvest. So I guess if it fits for us, it fits for everyone.
  4. Vivamort Augur

I can think of more than mages that are "top performers" in all three areas. I don't want to bring up those that haven't already been brought up, as I don't want it construed that those should be nerfed too.

But the several other classes that are good in all 3 areas aside.

Solo XP we are not the best or 2nd best or 3rd best or 4th best
    Moloing Named we are not the best, maybe 2nd or 3rd.
    Raiding We are not the best in most current raids... and worse we don't stack beyond 4 in a raid well.
    Knutplate, Yyin, Marton and 1 other person like this.
  5. Crystilla Augur

In soloing necros certainly are higher than 4th (no one's talking about the amount of exp earned so that's irrelevant).
    By current raids (for your raiding comment) are all CoF raids really short or chopped up? I've only won the first (and tried the 2nd/3rd) but top position is held on most RoF raids.

Regardless, being in top 1-3 for more than one of these categories explains why some folks have gone that tangent of being too strong in multiple areas.
  6. Zakor Elder

I think that AC needs to be a resource again. From here on out, all augs are being scaled back: melee classes now get 75% of the listed AC from augments. Priest classes get 50%. Leather classes get 25% and casters get no AC from augments.

This idiotic idea now makes AC a "valuable resource" to be sought after.
  7. Sinestra Augur

Sorry, but what is it you deem relevant? I think the only point to soloing in any discussion is experience. What is the point of killing something if it isn't to get experience or gear? There isn't one.

Necromancers are certainly not higher than 4th. Making up irrelevant arguments won't help anything. If a Necromancer kills 2 yellow or red con mobs in the time it takes another class to kill 60+ light blue mobs, guess who is going to get by far the most experience

If we're only going to go of the ridiculous idea that the soloing being discussed is only in cons, then there are a few classes that can kill yellow and red con mobs. Pretty much any class that can get a snare to stick can do that.
    Knutplate likes this.
  8. Slasher Augur

reason to kill stuff ?

Quest, tasks, achievements, gear, exp, tradeskill items.

Necro is either 1 or 2. Soloing end game mobs > killing 85-88s with a merc and no ones consistently killing 60 mobs before you kill 2 stick to the facts not made up bs. FYI at 9k AAs you get 4% AAxp per kill vs 88s with a merc. How much do you get for 1 yellow con with no merc because you don't need one ? 75% ? You really think im killing 20 mobs before you kill 1 ? You obviously have not tried it.
  9. Pyemia Elder

How is one ignored more than ignored? I don't think "ignorer" or "ignorest" are words. Kind of like "pregnanter" or "pregnantest".

We can't be ignored any more than we are.
  10. Kurayami Augur

Soloing, or often moloing, people really rate this in terms of experience gained per hour? I always think of it more like, what named are you capable of killing. Or how many current expansion mobs can you handle at once, that kind of thing. I don't find the ability to gain experience to be relevant in any way, any one can get to 100 w/ max AAs with very minimal effort, some ways will simply require more time.
  11. Noobieguy Augur

It will be different for everyone, but I would rate the ability to gain EXP as one of the top things for me. Most of the time, when I am playing (at least recently), I am trying to get enough EXP so I don't lose a level, and get AAs to max out the useful ones, or get extra banked so I can glyph. There are a number of ways to "measure" solo effectiveness. This is obviously much different than if you can kill a current named, or how many mobs you can handle at once.

I have a number of alts, and even though they can all get EXP in some way (solo or molo), it is certainly much tougher for some, than others. I don't think it is fair to say it can easily be done with minimal effort, as the worse your gear is, and the fewer the # of AAs you have, the more time (and effort) you need to put into leveling.
  12. menown Augur

Necro's never excelled in fast pulling groups. They are not the jack of all trades. Just like raids that have HP locks or clear all debuff or even worse a shadow step mem wipe. Remember HoT Upper floors raid?

So if necros were already less than avg dps in fast pulling groups before the nerf then why is that aspect of the necro getting nerfed?

Complain all you want pro-nerfers but this is the fact that is our reality right now. We never excelled in this area.
  13. Tarrin Augur

Show me anywhere I have ever said this. Anywhere. Please.

When you put things in a person's mouth. When you do silly things like that, you really harm any legit things you may say later.
  14. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

Edited for giving to much information
  15. Kurayami Augur

Read the unedited version, was old news to me, is it really such a bad thing to have to know how to play well to win? SHD get hit with this all the time, few realizing how much effort goes into these OP moves. I'm not really talking at all about effort/knowledge/skill needed to do it though, just saying can it be done for the soloing part.
  16. Miklo Elder

What alot of you non-necromancer's fail to understand/accept is the necromancer is different than any other class. You cannot compare what we can do with what you can do. What's a good measure for you, isnt one for us.

This is one of the problems, you're getting involved in things you know nothing about. Im not saying you're idiots, Im saying you're not necromancer's so you're commenting on things that arent in your realm of knowledge.

Death Bloom was needed before UF. If they had'nt introduced it when they did, I cant tell you where this class would be today. LIke an above necro said, it went live, suffered nerfs, then went untouched for years..... since then our mana usage has only gotten worse with no upgrades. Then out of the blue, years later, they nerf it to oblivion.There is no reasonable explanation for it.

Dont listen to me or believe what I tell you, go see for yourself! Borrow a friends necro, have said person coach you on how to play, build a group and go sit in chapterhouse or chelsith, or anywhere!

We have good reason to be up-in-arms over this.
  17. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

yea the info wasnt blocked from you =)

Edit: It wasn't news to us either. - Piestro
  18. Xnao Augur

Uh, we're not like other classes where raiders ask for stuff that is useless to groupers. Both sides of the class generally want the same things.

I passed a suggestion on a better change to make on through channel. Why should we post stuff here for you to garble with your nonsense?

Though it would be easier to make suggestions if we knew the real reason for it. I still maintain the reason is to distract us from Beimeith's nerf.

Watch, they will change it back to 3 minutes after the furor over Beimeith's Sin dies down.
    brian0729 and Loratex like this.
  19. Langya Augur

Since when is Beimeith a prime mover around here? Is he a red name now or just an exceptionally meddlesome nobody?
  20. Xnao Augur

If this site was the scooby doo tv show, beimeith would be the "gang."
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.