Non-Raiding Necromancers

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by fransisco, Sep 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pyemia Elder

BTW, the only "tactics" are to either cast less...or cast less.

That's the only thing Piestro has suggested as well. Well, that and some insipid observations about "Change" being "difficult"...
  2. Aeasya New Member

Well, now hang on just a moment. Are you saying that someone is talking about a class in a negative light where that person doesn't understand the mechanics of said class? That is quite rich, Sir.

In all of your 18-20 ish posts in this thread, what are you using as the basis of your stance on this issue? Is it your opinion or do you have any facts with wich to support your assertations?

Could you, please, show some parsing data the proves what you are trying to convey? Undoubtedly, the community here would benefit from the same data that is fueling your passionate argument for why this nerf should stand. I would go a step further and suggest that it could be the very information needed to defuse the frustration and anger festering within the community. I, for one, am interested in understanding your informed point of view.
  3. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

When it was one particular group of necros they didn't believe us, when it was a new wave of necros they didn't want to believe us. Now it's pretty close to the whole community they don't care enough to believe us. A lot of the points other people are making on what necros "can do" still falls into that "1 percent" and I'm not taking that 1 percent that raids, I'm talking that 1 percent of the necros that excel at playing the class group or raid. The ones quick on their feet to say "I have something for this situation". Not every necro knows how or can in fact do the 1001 things a necro can do. The death bloom and dot "fix" have nothing to do with the "utility" aspect of the class. It does not change my burn dps in group or raid.

I am a raid geared necro close to the top end, the changed made to the class are seen everyday and very noticeable while grouping with my guildies. It hurts :(. The necros have said it. A lot of the changes "presented" in the past year are things the class was EVOLVED around. Db, epic,7th,CoA robe, spire, glyph. All these thing have been dictating spell damage and mana cost and play style for years. To alter them changes the root of the class.
    Fizledots, Jebasiz, Yyin and 4 others like this.
  4. Explicit Augur

1. Rest restores quite a bit more than -1- yellow bubble
    2. Fading and popping rest isn't difficult at all
    3. It takes literally ages of chain-pulling and spamming discs to run OOE as a warrior
    4. The only time it is an issue is if I've popped it then died immediately after but that's ok...I can wait 30 seconds and use it again or just roll with any number of AA (no endurance cost) aggro discs while slow-medding.

Limited resource...let's not kid ourselves here. Unless you are a berserker, who's fade reuse is ridiculously long, you might as well have infinite endurance. Ask me how I know

Battleaxe flying into threads where he doesn't belong spreading false info, why am I not surprised

P.S. Death Bloom nerf was entirely unnecessary and a larger detriment to the game than any kind of perceived "omg necros have too much mana" cry-fest.

Believe it or not: "balancing" abilities that are older than dirt on a whim is not good for the longevity of the game.
    Yyin, Shryknwyr, Nenton and 10 others like this.
  5. Smallpox Augur

Ha! I totally forgot I posted that. Ya, took em long enough, but I never figured on it being virtually worthless now.

/boggle Sony.... stupid move.
  6. Artemis-Entreri Augur

/Salute
    Thank you Explicit
    Shryknwyr and Sinestra like this.
  7. Tweelis Augur

Can all posts relating to this topic be kept in one thread? I've read and tried to keep all posts in mind in this thread when replying. However when the first two pages on these boards are about one thing or another I have to choose which posts/threads to read.

Posting it again, hoping it'll sink in. "When a man is convinced he's going to die tomorrow, he'll probably find a way to make it happen. The only one who can turn this around is you."
  8. Artemis-Entreri Augur

This is so true, it's a very sad state of affairs. We provide the data, try to stay on target as much as we can despite all the misinformation making it's way into our thread, beg, plead, give alternatives, re-state our case numerous times. Try to remain courteous, calm, and collective. In the end, it feels like talking to a brick wall.

Can we haz DB back to the way it used to be, or at least a better compromise??

The way we interpret the silence from those in charge...
    Fizledots, Aeasya and Smallpox like this.
  9. Pyemia Elder

As I said, I've posted it several times...including in this thread.
    Cool! I'll post one of my own.

"Stop being so negative."
    Captain Edward John Smith
  10. Smallpox Augur

And to even further the argument, here was Bonesmasher's response to the above link back in 2010:

The above comment by Bonesmahser applied in 2010 as much as it does now. Talk about a timeless post.
    Fizledots, Shryknwyr and redline like this.
  11. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

If you crack a block in the foundation, eventually the building will fall down.

"Loratex has fallen to the ground"
    Fizledots likes this.
  12. Battleaxe Augur

1. Quite a bit more? Quite a bit?? As in running all the time and retuning 392 Endurance a tick plus having at one's disposal endurance restoring Mod Rpds, Bard Song, twitches, etc. That kind of quite a bit more?

2. You can tank faded? Fade is always up for you? You don't ever have res effects, etc.?

3. In group content I use offensive, defensive, and aggro abilities. In fast kill groups I'm switching targets and hitting them with whatever aggro I have up in quick succession.
    a. It doesn't take ages.
    b.Our endurance is not unlimited. Also, even in group content Warriors occasionally die.

I absolutely forego doing X or Y so that I'll have endurance to do Z. So does everyone else.

Let's not kind ourselves. Any raid Warrior who's asked or answered the questions "Who's got discs?" and "Who has endurance?" knows we do not always have them. Were it otherwise I doubt devs would have gone to the effort of creating and maintaining an endurance bar.

Explicit flying into class threads posting in a general forum and pretending our endurance bar is always full. Why am I not surprised?

Believe it or not, there is no statute of limitations on baaaaroken. Whether its addressing disadvantages Warriors should not have had when using a shield, or having burst DPS caster classes (or sustained classes acting in recently given burst-like mode) constrained by mana.

BTW, I'll trust dev parses if you don't mind too much. I expect that Necros are viable in group content, still valued in raids, and as recently as yesterday still capable of soloing current group content.
  13. Artemis-Entreri Augur

Why do we get "Like" buttons, but no "Fail", or "Dislike" buttons...
    Dre. and Yyin like this.
  14. Aeasya New Member

Could you please stay on topic, Sir? We are discussing Non-Raiding Necromancers here. Please go to a board more suited to disscussing your class issues, please. We are haveing a difficult time as it is trying to get SOE to discuss our issue with us let alone you hijacking our thread to complain about your class. Thank you.

PS - I am still waiting to learn of the factual data you used to form your position.
  15. Kurayami Augur

Oh that's easy, because they would get over-used.

I have a new argument as to why they should fix Deathbloom, or revert it to where it was. I don't want to hear about it any more. Boards have non-stop comments about it, every necro I talk to, that is what they want to talk about, it is hurting my EQ experience having to listen to this all the time. I can't blame them, they are necromancers, reviving stuff is what they do. But I've heard enough, them having more time to talk medding instead of switching spells out to keep dotting is getting annoying.
    Fizledots and Shryknwyr like this.
  16. Battleaxe Augur

Because sir:
    whether its making shields more practical for Warriors
    or constraining casters that are doing fast DPS with a limited mana bar

popularity is not the deciding factor.

Who's wants free T4 raid loot? We do, we do! Such things can not be decided by Like! or Fail....
    or flooding a board (No one, and I mean no one I know of is talking about this. If anything there has been an expectation for a few years Necros would be seeing some adjustments).
  17. Aeasya New Member

I'll take the suppoert where I can get it. Thank you, by the way.

All the posting and discussing it? We have a lot more time, now. We are posting and replying while we are medding.
    redline likes this.
  18. Aeasya New Member

Who said anything about wanting T4 raid loot? This is a thread about NON-RAIDING NECROMANCERS.
    Keep the raid loot! Sheesh. Please try to stay on topic, though.
    Yyin and Sinestra like this.
  19. Explicit Augur

Congratulations, so does everyone else. It took me about 45 mins of chain-pulling heroic adventures last night to run even close to OOE playing like this - you know what I did then? Hit Rest while running to pull more trains.

Here's your Rest -- 1: Increase Current Endurance by 1704 per tick (Last 1 min, re-use 1:30)

You'd be throwing an even larger fit than you are here if casters had access to that kind of regen.

I haven't heard "anyone have endurance?" since Respite was introduced, amazing how that works huh.

Like I said, the only problems that arise with endurance is post-death while Rest is locked out. Guess what though, casters have it even worse if their mana regen abilities were used before dying -- they have to wait far longer than we do.
    Jebasiz, Yyin, Noobieguy and 3 others like this.
  20. Sinestra Augur

I hear a lot of "I expect" or "I think" here. If you don't know then why don't you save everyone's time as what you think isn't important to anyone if you don't understand the problem to begin with?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.