Mercenary AA

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by silku, Oct 9, 2013.

1. silku Augur

So, anyone on beta or any of the devs wanna let me know why the AA gain for mercs is so slow? Is it worth it? I can't imagine grinding out all of those AA at this rate. On my baby zerker it took 100 real AA to get 1 merc aa. On my chanter 44 aa to 1. I imagine they'd have to be pretty powerful for it to be even worth worrying about?
  2. Xirtket Augur

does the merc aa xp take away from your xp? and if so it needs an option to toggle it on and off

Figure I'de post this here, not trying to derail your thread.
  3. jmichael New Member

From what I understand, the Merc AA only takes the XP that having the merc up takes away from you normally. So you don't have to use any additional xp for it.
  4. Rogue Augur

I'm guessing the mercs don't get any aa bonus either, and it sounds like OP does.
  5. Marton Augur

We just finished HA : 2 players + 2 mercs; it took us over 1 hour and 15 minutes, steady killing.

The merc gained 0.93 aa.

Watching grass grow seems to be an exciting adventure when compared to this.
    silku likes this.
  6. silku Augur

If you look at my magelo, I definitely don't get an aa bonus.
  7. Riou EQResource

Because you can start earning Merc AA at level 20.

Just like your AA they start at 0 :p
  8. Kreacher Augur

This is the problem I have.

The HA does reward a lot of merc AA xp, whereas killing does not. I want to maximise MY mercs as does everyone else.

It basic means groups of 3+ 3 mercs is going to be the way to go. We actually had a wizard log on yesterday when we'd just started but noone wanted to drop their DPS merc for him :( And I don't blame them, just the nature of the beast.
  9. Nennius Curmudgeon

Just to add to the confusion, err...information. On a level 100 paladin with about 11950 AA's total in Sarith killing light blues, I got one merc. AA while earning 30 regular aa's. Not fast at all, but a lot better than 100:1. I would love to see the formula behind all of this.
  10. Axxius Augur

Pretty sure that a dev explained in beta (or at SOE Live?) that it was their intention to make the merc AA really slow, a whole lot slower than player AA. Because they are a lot more meaningful for the mercs than player AA, or something like that. Or maybe they just wanted to give you something to max out in more than 1 day - unlike the player AA.
  11. Zantor Augur

I have noticed that AA XP is slower now with a merc out then it was pre CoTF with a merc out. Thought it wasn't going to be a change, that the XP that they normally used was going to be applied to the new merc AA. But feels like I am doing LAA all over again with the reduced XP gain.