Rumors of Unplugging EQ I

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Taimon Smokeseithre, Oct 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taimon Smokeseithre New Member

I have been told that one of my buddies spoke to some developers, and they told him that by the end of 2015 Sony will be un-plugging EQ original, and transferring all characters and items over to EQ II, for two years, and then transferring us all over to EQ Next after that. Is there any truth to this rumor? Personally, i have seen a resurgence of ppl playing EQ I and many many players are returning to the game after long hiatuses -- in my opinion, it would appear that EQ original is growing, not shrinking, and with the release of the 20th expansion it would appear that Sony has quite a bit of confidence in this game maintaining a solid audience for the foreseeable future. I hope this is the case.
    Dramatime likes this.
  2. Eandolf Elder

I can't fathom that this is true (even if it were, you won't find anyone in SOE saying so publically). Eq1 has meant a great deal to many of us, I for one would not start over in EQ2 or in EQ Next. At one point, I remember a red name posting something like they had the lore planned out for the next several expacs. I just in no way believe this one.
  3. Iila Augur

My uncle who works for nintendo let me play the new mario universe 6, it's really cool cause mario has a laser gun and can steal cars, and fly helicopters and planes, plus you can build the world and level up mario's stats. it's going to be the best game ever.
    Nolrog, Mykaylla, Bauer and 1 other person like this.
  4. Arwyn-RoV Augur

Lets say its bazaaro world and I woke up with my max level/max tradeskill/all quests done, 15 year old character in EQ2 or EQnext, translated somehow.

I'd be mad about it! Think of all the quests and content in the new game I would have just been grandfathered past? That plus the social chaos alone would be catastrophic. I'm sure more than half would quit rather than be translated.

I'm not privy to budgets, but I think given the marketplace, paid subscriptions and expansion sales that EQ1 is still reasonably profitable. I get the impression that SOE isn't running a non-profit MMO charity angle. Taimon, I'm thinking your buddy is on some quality-smoking-product and making stuff up..
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  5. Tearsin Rain Augur

i heard a rumor that said in the 5th week of the month of december, the saturn equinox will allow all EQ toons a fortnight of time playing on the WoW servers, and that any gold you acquire during that time will be given to you in gold doubloons stamped with the papal seal of Atlantis.

devs care to comment on why we're being given currency in this fashion? it seems like quite a bit of waste of resources, and really puts a lot of burden on the players to have to sell these coins or convert them into modern currency.
    you have our credit cards on file, why won't you just credit them directly? is there some reason you think putting your loyal fanbase through the hardship of trying to pawn wealth of the ancient world?
    this is just another example of sony's contempt for those of us who give them our hard earned money!
    i bet the devs will be so lazy that when we're raiding the lich king, our vet AAs won't even work to help us on the adds!

THIS IS A SLAP IN THE FACE
    Mykaylla likes this.
  6. Lenowill Augur

7. Recnarp Augur

8. Potawatomi Augur

Say this out loud to yourself then ask yourself if this makes sense.
    Mykaylla likes this.
  9. Marton Augur

The underlined part I would be willing to believe; the rest - not so much.
  10. SOE-MOD-02 Augur

It is never good to spread rumors on forums.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.