Red Dragon Scales aug needs to be cursor loot

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kelefane, Aug 25, 2013.

1. Insaneox Augur

Never had it crash myself but our last run we did have bunch that crashed at 4%.
  2. Xirtket Augur

Which guild do you raid with? do they know you're a dev?
  3. Hatsee Augur

It would probably be fine if you could trade the useless items for the aug, even at a say 3 to 1 ratio. All the weapons are awful, so this would at least make them almost useful.
  4. Ranpha Augur

Other classes logging off because a raid doesn't benefit them is usually a problem of your loot distribution system. Leave bidding unrestricted, and everyone can bid whatever the item is worth to them. The end result will be a slightly less optimal distribution of loot, but it will be perceived to be much more fair to everyone evolved which is good for morale.

We've had one aug so far, it went to a caster class for more DKP then even the ultra rare drops, like twin cast click or burden head item. Nobody got upset.
    Starla likes this.
  5. Kelefane Augur

I got my aug last night, and the entire implementation of how this aug is received is STILL garbage. It needs to be cursor/popup box loot.
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  6. BoomWalker Augur

This would seem a good thing...so it is a desirable item for dps casters as well as healers...thus giving it a more meaningful reason to go to a non-tank.
  7. BoomWalker Augur

So this post makes me curious...your a tank...SK...but are you a main tank for raids? Shouldn't it really do to a warrior that is tanking raid bosses with a shield so they can live longer?

The loot order would then be:

1 - warrior raid tank
    2 - other raid tank (warriors and knights off tanking stuff)
    3 - healers that raid the most
    4 - healers that raid at least sometimes
    5 - anyone else that wants it

It could be argued (if the aug has spell damage) that it could be:

1 - warrior raid taink/healers that raid the most/dps casters that raid the most (all have equal chance on it)
    2 - everyone else

Just seems that a "tank" getting the aug doesn't help as much as a warrior that is tanking the raid mob...unless that "tank" (SK for you) tank raid mobs more often than not...

Shrug...everyone will get this aug over the next 6 years...assuming EQ is around that long...
  8. Atvar Augur

If your tanks and healers aren't good enough in the first place to 2 group the raid, why would you restrict the only good loot to those classes?
  9. grrrrrrrf Elder

It s already been said in this thread the aug is losing the 8 cv for 8sd, pay more attention.
  10. Kamea Augur

I'm pretty sure the problem with how aug is obtained is one of game design, not guilds.

Yes, the item is nice. But it's not that nice, and it causes people to turn into stupid.

That's pretty much attributable to the short period of availability, not the item, not the rarity, not guilds, not the astrological alignment, etc.
    Kelefane likes this.
  11. Cicelee Augur

Wait.

You say the problem is of game design, not guilds. But in the very next paragraph you say the item is nice, and it "causes people to turn into stupid". That sure sounds to me like a player issue, not a design one...

The issue is players believing that having this augment, ACoF, MM ring.... will suddenly make the difference between life and death. Victory and fail. That is where the stupidity is.
  12. Ronak Augur

If we design a room with no exits, and place a person into it with a hungry tiger, the result is generally a no longer hungry tiger.
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  13. Gragas Augur

Or a bad still standing and a dead tiger?
    Elricvonclief, Axxius and Starla like this.
  14. Atvar Augur

Dead tigers can't be hungry.
  15. Starla Elder

I have a few drop instead of just one would be nice addition and not overkill of everyone having one if that is the issue.
  16. grrrrrrrf Elder

You can already have more than one drop.
    Anyway beating a dead horse here, they already said they won't change it.
  17. Axxius Augur

You'd be surprised... There is a great book (and a decent movie) about that.

[IMG]
  18. Daislet Augur

Knights tank as well as, if not better than Warriors, and they can do it for longer.
  19. Piestro Augur

Elaboration on this topic will result in thread lock. Just as a fyi.
  20. Edrick Augur

Piestro is right. Plus, the debate is settled anyway, that aug is totally meant for halflings.