Red Dragon Scales aug needs to be cursor loot

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kelefane, Aug 25, 2013.

1. boukk_sebilis Augur

That s your guild problem, and tbh everyone should have a fair shot at this item, don't be surprised if your non tank class people are being upset if you treat them like 2nd class citizen.
  2. Kelefane Augur

How is it ridiculous when its been the model for past events that were similar? It wouldnt exactly be unprecedented. Consistency is the word of the day here.
  3. Kelefane Augur

My guild has no problems doing it, because as I said, it would depend on the guild and its overall setup. But that doesnt mean that there arent issues in other guilds when using this "tank first" method. It just really depends on the guilds culture and how its setup regarding if there is any drama over it or not.

Also, its human nature. When the devs implement things such as this, they do not take human nature into consideration. I understand that its not their concern, however, they could be a bit more considerate in the future.

When they were implementing it this way, before it even hit live, 9 out of 10 players could have told them what would happen (as we see here in this thread) and this thread would seem like Nostradamus.

If anyone, for one minute, didnt think that this would not cause drama, has their head in the sand. Stuff like this ALWAYS causes drama in guilds. Always. Remember the days of epic 1.0s and how those tore down a lot of guilds? Same thing here, albeit on a smaller scale.

Again, human nature. Consider that going forward. Its a variable that the devs seem to skip over when doing certain things.
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  4. Kurayami Augur

Human Nature as a variable? Sorry sir, but believe you are referring to a const here.
  5. Bauer Augur

your tune would change if your guild chain farmed this event and saw no augs.
    and your guild has some very whiny members, you know that
    Imrahil and Elricvonclief like this.
  6. Kelefane Augur

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/variable
    2. (of behaviour, opinions, emotions, etc.) lacking constancy; fickle
  7. boukk_sebilis Augur

HH raids never had garanteed drop or cursor loot which would differ from the spirit of the event, you re confusing with anniversaries
  8. boukk_sebilis Augur

Actually, if you look in this same thread, I voiced my opinion before we even did the event (i said it should be 1 garanteed, no more).
  9. Kelefane Augur

Potato Potahto.
  10. EQbud Augur

The above is fair enough, though dissapointing to so many since there is only a short window to get the aug and the rng has not been kind to most guilds.
    However,
    is a bit of a cop out. The coding is already in place from Steel Behemoths and Tower of Frozen Shadows raids. It shouldn't take very much to copy over and make a few adjustment for new reward options. And as an instanced raid, no zones would have to be brought down to make the changes.
  11. Explicit Augur

Ahhh the infamous crashing returns! This time at 0% with 12 players in zone, so I guess the "x" people in his lair theory is out the window. Good stuff, having the zone crash for seemingly no reason just before we were due loot.
  12. smash Augur

Imo, go and perma nuke the npc, so it is not up rest of september.
    Then in oktober patch, put back in with 1 week up time for npc with the coding in place.
  13. Edrick Augur

I bet the chest would have had six augs, too.
  14. Explicit Augur

I pretend the augments don't exist until they appear in the chest, it's worked once so far.
  15. Insaneox Augur

This would be better then the current situation. Just hope for future events like HH they research current gear and use that when making rewards. Yes the event is easy and all but which events aren't anymore. The whole concept of single class items is bad on these as well. With limited event timer and limited value loot makes hard to justify doing them. We all remember Vox that wasn't really worth time. This if take away augment wouldn't be done more then once. Just hope they think more grand scheme before doing loot table for future HH.
  16. Siddar Augur

Taking something that has worked well cursor Augs for limited time events. Then breaking it for no reason. Then saying you will take feedback on issue for future is simply a excuse for failure.

Cursor loot for these raids were what made there limited availability acceptable. As naggy event stands now it has far to many class only loots and items are going to rot on event after first several raids.

This problem is created by taking original Naggy loot table and redoing it for the event but forgetting the fact that original Naggy loot was tradable allowing excess class specific loot to find a eventual home.

As current event stands it abandons what has worked well for years that being cursor loot for no reason. It drops class specific nontradable loot to a excessive degree. It drops mid range 24 slot bags instead of the larger more desirable ones. Non class specific items are far to rare.

There is simply no excuse for way this events loot was done.
  17. Imrahil Augur

1 guaranteed would be cool. 2/7 now
  18. smash Augur

It really should be possible to fix this even this year.
    Make a npc that people can hail, and if they got lockout of the raid, they will get the aug.

And then next year, make it right.

And for future things like it, better try to avoid things like it, in Tower it had same mistake, but it was fixed in time.

Could extend raids for 1 week after October patch, where raid npc would be up, and people could then do the raid for aug. Does not have to keep zone in the Heritage mode for that
  19. Daislet Augur

Crashed at 4%.

You didn't push the bugged version of Naggy raid back onto live did you?

/facepalm
  20. Rainbowdash Augur

It's sad people do this.

I don't really care what drops from the raid tbh, it could drop a cloth cap x5 every run for all I care. I find raiding fun. I even run old raids for no reason other than it's fun. My personal opinion is that if you're into raiding solely to get big gear with big numbers, you're in it for the wrong reason. It also goes to show just how reliable you'll be on future raids. It's those kinds of people that will /ex mid raid if a wipe occurs and pretend they have RL stuff to do, or just won't show up if it's a raid they don't like attending or a raid they don't need gear from...certainly shows good team effort =.=

That being said, I still stand by my belief that this aug needs spell damage. Probably the same amount as the current heal amount bonus (as that is how augs of this nature usually work). It already possesses stats that make it useful to pretty much every single other class (or rather archetype), why not spell damage? Who gets it first and what classes take priority when it drops is up to the guilds. Hopefully those classes would be tanks. But there is still zero reason why this aug, the only raid dropped aug for this stage of HH I should mention, shouldn't be universally beneficial. Especially since it's already 75% of the way there.

Whether it's made cursor loot or not, I don't really care. Make people earn the drop...it's not like this is the only time HH will ever be up, and I'm pretty sure this aug will still be just as useful this time next year as it is now (*cough* 11th anni augs *cough*...)

Just don't use any auras of any type. That's what we did to stop the crashing. Whatever it is, sparking any type of aura effect (even Circle of ____ clicks) seem to make the instance go boom.