Red Dragon Scales aug needs to be cursor loot

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kelefane, Aug 25, 2013.

1. Explicit Augur

This mechanic isn't broken in any fashion at all. It's simple and quite easy to avoid. Have you tank watch his song window, when it gets to Empowered Flames III -- have another tank taunt off and get aggro while he runs to the door that leads to Naggy's Lair. He'll need to stay there til the debuff fades, rinse/repeat - 0 tank deaths. This is what we'd call an avoidable punishment mechanic, not a broken one. It's just a matter of paying attention

That aside. 4 or 5 runs now, 0 augs and 0 cloaks -- sure looking forward to seeing 20 more Druid staffs though.
  2. Nightops Augur

Yes, I know how to avoid the damage from the mechanic.

However I said it was broke because we have had raids were this doesnt happen. We have had wins with using the same tank for the whole fight without anyone dying from Dragonfire Burst.

Im not saying this happens everytime, but the mechanic didnt work correctly on at least 4 of our 6 wins.
  3. Explicit Augur

Are you pet-tanking? I only ask since, well, pets are immune to both the debuff and the spell. I haven't heard of this happening in any other situation but it IS EQ afterall so it's very plausible.
  4. boukk_sebilis Augur

10% mitigation doesn't stack with anything (cleric buffs, defensives, our other vies), so it s pretty much useless.
    Anyway this thread isn't here for you to spout the usual class envy bs, it's here for people that apparently want to vent their frustration and/or whine about not getting the aug :)
  5. Axxius Augur

Dunno about that, but the guild who beat this with 8 people empirically proved that:
    Code:
    if (NumberOfPlayers < 25) /addloot (Hierophant Crook)
    if (NumberOfPlayers < 20) /addloot (Hierophant Crook)
    if (NumberOfPlayers < 15) /addloot (Hierophant Crook)
    if (NumberOfPlayers < 10) /addloot (Hierophant Crook)
    :D
    Daislet likes this.
  6. boukk_sebilis Augur

Care to explain how having a good raid drop for once is catering to groups?

I think the opposite, chase items are an excellent idea be it in temporary or permanent content, it break s the boredom from the awfully boring spreadsheets loot we get all year around, and I hope we get more of those.

This reminds me somewhat of vanilla EQ, apart things were even harder to get your hands on back then, and this is exactly what HARDCORE heritage is about.
  7. Ronak Augur

Gotcha. It is an easy raid for everyone though. It really is. Thing is, so were the prior anniversary and legacy raid events, but they gave the aug as cursor loot too. I think some just want consistency.
    Insaneox, Marton and Imrahil like this.
  8. Denhbers Elder

I'm ok with a chase item here and there... but no more for a while, por favor.

Also, if anyone is a good artist they should draw a beetle from naggy's lair next to a sad Nagafen... the beetle smirks and says, "My cloak is better."
  9. Trajet D'Or Augur

4th time on Friday, 4 kill, 5 wins, 5 kills, 5 raids, 2/6, 6 raid wins, 4 or 5 runs, 6 wins

Address your leadership and/or laziness issues if you want more augs.
  10. Explicit Augur

Yeah because that is 100% related to terrible RNG. My guild must be ultra-lazy since the chest has dropped almost exclusively druid staffs in 5 kills. You're a genius

Can only run the raid as often as the lockouts allow and since it was believed to be bugged for quite some time, that shaved off a week (we crashed 4 times, dunno who else was in this boat). To top it off, the zone reverted back to normal today shaving another day off - pending patch notes are correct.
  11. Kurayami Augur

5th kill of Nagafen, 0 and 5 for getting augs now, the RNG, she is a cruel mistress. Loot was slightly more varied at least:

1 Lesser Cloak of Flames
    1 Hammer of Shame (Hurray shaman alt!)
    1 Hammer of Major Shame (Hurray shaman alt!)
    1 Bladestopper (Yay tank too cheap to spend 210 t2 chits!)
    1 Bag of not big enoughness

Oh well, I blew my dkp on something stupid just so I could stop stressing over this, is obvious nothing is gonna happen here. Doesn't mean I won't keep posting the Altastic loot though!
  12. Nadisia Augur

Same, no augs for us, but at least we got 4 cloaks
  13. boukk_sebilis Augur

I don't remember any HH raid to give cursor loot before, CB and Vox certainly didn't, not to be confused with the anniversaries raids.
  14. Kurayami Augur

Well this is true, none of them had augs either though. I've stopped caring myself, will just have to wait a couple more XPs for the same quality aug I suppose.
    Daislet likes this.
  15. Daislet Augur

He is mean that *sometimes* the tank wont get Empowered Flames I for long extended periods.

My guess is that Empowered Flames I is DS 250 slot 1. Circle of Flameskin is DS 362 slot 1. Guessing the tank with it on isn't getting the Empowered due to stacking issue. It's easy enough just to swap tanks tho, so we don't bother.
  16. Insaneox Augur

Read my prior post in this long thread.

Agree totally I'm just going with motion on this event till it ends with lord willing maybe 3 or so in guild manage to get it. Oh yeah! While we settle out rest of twink loot to bots.
  17. Elricvonclief Augur

The aug needs to be available year round, or the drop rate needs to be adjusted.

Seriously, SOE< do you have any idea the problems it causes right now with the drop rate the way it is?

I'm totally serious, do you have ANY IDEA of the problems you're causing in guilds?

./boggles at SOE
    Insaneox, Daislet and Kelefane like this.
  18. Insaneox Augur

They won't even respond to the thread!

I know for our guild someone won item and was instantly in hate tells. Personally people are taking this to seriously but still it is the case.

Suprised they didn't just throw us a second chest with a sure shot at 1 per run with rest of loot so crappy. Nothing like having to adjust raid week due to short event and highest AC shield augment in game. To then open chest and hand out stuff we have hard time giving to twinks. /boggle
  19. Insaneox Augur

True pointless to discuss raid issues these days they don't seem to cater to raiders now anyway. So, your correct they will not change and that's fine with me. I wasn't in argue mode to begin with and never said had to be cursor loot. But fact of matter the RNG for augment is lame and doing this raid getting items that ROT is sad. It's new event and we have items from it that our twinks can't even use. Sad sad sad state.
  20. Zantor Augur

If they do a cursor item then, it won't be this aug, may be one like it, but different name.