Preorder Expansions taken away then deleveled

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mulleteer, Sep 12, 2013.

1. Mulleteer Elder

I preordered the new expansion on my 3rd account. For the last few weeks my new account said 20/20. I started leveling my toon up. Got my bard to level 92 almost 93

Today I found that my account was changed to 18/20. Fine I get this, they want to wait for the launch.

However I was deleveled back to 90. Is this working as intended, Will I get this exp back when they release Cotf?

I will not be happy if all those hours I put into level have vanished.
  2. Leerah Augur

Dang! Better go check my pre-ordered accounts.

Geez, you're right. I thought they were being nice for once. I should have known.
  3. Liliana Augur

In the past characters have regained the levels once the expansions are re-enabled
  4. Miss_Jackie Custom Title

5. Leerah Augur

The ones I patched in the last 45 mins now say 18/20.
  6. Eria New Member

Did you have VOA/ROF before preordering though miss Jackie? i used the preorder to get voa/rof and im now at 18/20 myself. i was 95 and now im 90 again
  7. Leerah Augur

It's not as if we didn't discuss this in the forums the last 3 weeks. People asked if they would get their expansions caught up by pre-ordering. Nobody in charge bothered to answer. People noticed that this credit was being granted to them. People pre-ordered so they could get caught up and now, NOW, 3 weeks later, they're reversing it? I call BS.
    Eria likes this.
  8. Miss_Jackie Custom Title

Their logic is probably something like.. "You're not able to access new content, so why should you be able to access old content by pre-ordering?" Calm your t*ts and wait a few weeks. All will be fine.
  9. Leerah Augur

Maybe it's only silver accounts affected? Anyone?
  10. Eria New Member

im gold and it affected me. so being silver or gold does not matter
  11. Shugz New Member

Just affected 2 accounts here on Gold as well. thing to do, tbh. I'd be happy to pay for my preorder now guys, if that's the problem.
  12. Explicit Augur

Really they should have either announced this would happen or restricted access to ROF until COTF went live. Allowing players to experience the content and then pulling it without warning is simply sh*tty customer service.

Any kind of notice and/or communication is better than no communication.
    beryon, Leerah and Marton like this.
  13. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

It's not like the whole expansion is being delivered on the 'release' date anyway.
  14. Leerah Augur

Notice SOE never admits they did anything wrong?
  15. Kiras Augur

This same thing happened to me. My gold alt (via krono) account had 18/20, then I preordered COTF and was at 20/20. Leveled to 98. Then I logged in today to find myself at level 90 and 18/20 expansions.
  16. Mulleteer Elder

As an added bonus, when I reached level 92 I purchased all new gear. I then made the mistake of destroying my old gear. Now I cannot use any of my equipment so no point of even aaing.
    Leerah likes this.
  17. Veridic Lorekeeper

I am in the exact same boat. This is one of the most ridiculous things I have seen happen. Charge me and put me back at 100.

Either that or give me my set of 90 gear back and around 500k that I spent on gear.
  18. Azuki New Member

I'm in the same boat as the 2 posters above me. Charge me now for RotF and restore my character to where he was.
  19. FVRules Journeyman

/em shakes head, speechlessly
  20. Abazzagorath Augur

They legally can't charge you for a preorder before its released.