Red Dragon Scales aug needs to be cursor loot

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kelefane, Aug 25, 2013.

1. Explicit Augur

Whine must be the new buzzword for this week. Tune in next time for another word that people throw around as the entire basis of their argument!
  2. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Next week it will probably be "cursor loot," or "guaranteed drop," or "multiple drops per chest," or my all time favorite "they did it this way before."
  3. Explicit Augur

Ah god my sides, they've blasted off into orbit. It can drop multiple times per chest though, so I guess you're on to something.
  4. Recnarp Augur

I don't want the aug.

This problem doesn't affect.

Therefore, you guys are just whining entitled children.

Did I do it correctly?
    desroth and Ronak like this.
  5. Kurayami Augur

So far seen the following:

Kill 1:
    Shm Weap
    Shm Weap
    Shm Weap
    Bard Drum
    Range with exceptionally uber 1500 hp heal!

Kill 2:
    Crappier than group Cloak
    Crappierer than group Cloak
    Crappierest than group Cloak
    Bag of 24 slotness
    Bag of 24 slotness
    Bard Drum

RNG is a harsh mistress once again! At least I can probably get a cloak to be able to sell my ACoF if I really want to..... While it is true one aug won't be solving all my tanking problems or anything, this is all still a bad joke to me. I'm fine with rare items, own quite a few actually, unobtainable is what these are.
  6. MrGPAC Augur

We had one of the augs drop on our second kill of Naggy. It went for 900 DKP to a cleric.

To put that number in perspective, the previous highest bid ever in our guild was 450 DKP. We earn ~10 dkp a night and raid ~3 nights a week... This was roughly the equivalent of 30 weeks of raiding non stop without missing any raids or on time/stayed till end bonuses...over half a year worth of credit.

I'm going to laugh really really hard if this becomes cursor loot after that...

~MrGPAC
  7. Rafather Augur

split raid like a boss, 24 can kill no problem.
  8. Edrick Augur

Then having alts and guest scum kill it for another aug. Damn, its good to be a gangsta.
  9. Kelefane Augur

Straight gangster G!
  10. Recnarp Augur

6 man it like a boss
  11. Edrick Augur

6 man it like a boss and "slow" each earth aspects.
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  12. Recnarp Augur

What Earth aspect? Are you talking about the adds that we continue to offtank while just dpsing Naggy? Sometimes we just sit at 4% and go afk to watch a movie just for fun.
  13. Kurayami Augur

Third kill, another epic assortment of loot....

Cloak of Lesser Flames
    Bag of 24 Slotness
    Bag of 24 Slotness
    Gauntlets of fiery t2 might

Is a fun enough event, but throw us a fricking bone already aug RNGs. Apparently the amount of drops is very random as well, had 5 items drop, 6 items, drop, then 4 items drop on the 3 kills we've had thus far.
  14. Daislet Augur

My calculation was 1 shield AC = 10 normal AC.
    So the difference between this aug and the next highest = 100 regular AC (10 shield AC).
    If however it was to fit in say the ring slot, then you'd lose whatever AC aug is already there. I based it on a 44AC in that slot. As it's NOT taking up another aug slot (i.e you are not losing an aug), you are effectively gaining that back free. So it's effectively AC 144.

i.e
    Ring (120) + standard Aug (44) = 164
    Shield (260) + Dislodged (40) = 3000

With Scales in shield slot
    Ring (120) + standard Aug (44) = 164
    Shield(260)+Scales(50) = 3100
    =3264

With Scales in fingers
    Ring (120) + Scales (converted shield AC is XX) = YY
    Shield (260)+Dislodged (40) = 3000
    YY must be 264.
    and
    XX must be 144.

Hence the Aug is worth 144 AC as a finger slot.
    Of course you could move the AC44 to the replace the weakest aug, so I should have used the weakest aug - prolly around AC 37-AC40 instead of the highest, but it's just to prove the point.

I'd imagine that any good tank will be throwing whatever DKP they've got to obtain it.
  15. Insaneox Augur

Bad thing is the limited time and not a sure thing when open chest. I max bid but hasn't been enough so far. But that being said grats those few that manage to get this augment.
  16. Abazzagorath Augur

FWIW 1 shield ac does not equal 10 regular slot ac.

Its closer to 5:1 (casters) for the worst return classes and 3:1 for the best return classes (tanks).
  17. boukk_sebilis Augur

guess we re lucky, 3 kills , 4 augs :p
  18. Imrahil Augur

2 augs from 4 kills here
  19. EQbud Augur

4 kills: 3 cloaks, 0 augs, bunch of junk.
  20. boukk_sebilis Augur

looks like you need a better looter :)
    On the other hand we had 0 cloak so far sadly.