Red Dragon Scales aug needs to be cursor loot

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kelefane, Aug 25, 2013.

1. grrrrrrrf Elder

More like people need to stop acting like entitled begging spoiled brat.

There s nothing wrong with the way it is, you have a shot at an excellent aug once every 2,5days like everyone , they obviously intended for not everyone to have it, if you want it you ll have it , there s no way you re not gonna have one droping after 10+ attempt, if not, well you re going to have to wait next year, you obviously didnt want it bad enough (didnt want to spend the dkp) or didn't deserve it (you spent all your dkps doh!)

Tofs took 2hours to clear and had 2 augments , only one rewarded doable once a week, this one is done in 10minute and can be done Twice a week, and you think you re going to have it be a garanteed drop let alone a pop up reward?

Yeah dream on.

Please devs, don't listen to the whines and give us more of those.
  2. grrrrrrrf Elder

And you still have 8 attempt to go, do you go complain on boards everytime you don't get lucky from the start?

If it was truely heritage, you wouldn't be able to spawn it twice a week and you would have to compete with other guild for it, but yeah keep crying like a baby in hope the dev will just hand it to you for existing.
  3. Kurayami Augur

What an excessively bad example, ToFS? Everyone got 1 of the 2 augs, guaranteed. Additionally, there was chest loot w/ guaranteed augs in it. No the type was not guaranteed, but you did see an aug for putting in the work. Next time you decide to troll, pick a better example, like second born in Relic or the cycling named in Sverag, Stronghold of Rage, whose aug was random chance. It might go better.
  4. Krickitt Lorekeeper

To be honest I'm happy they didn't just give this aug away. I remember back in the day when not every person had the same equipment, it made each character unique. I realize today's eq is not the old eq but even so this will be an aug that not every player will have. Very good move imho.
  5. Insaneox Augur

At current rate maybe 10 people in all servers will have. Might as well not of added the augment if that is going to be the case.
  6. Kurayami Augur

Rare is fine, unobtainable is another. I agree it is nice to not have everything be a cursor reward in certain ways, buyable for 840 chits or whatever. However would it really hurt so bad to make 1 drop every time for sure? That would result in the top 6-10 dkpers (or tanks, depends how your guild rolls) having the aug, no one else. What has most of the 'whiners' here constantly posting here is that thanks to RNG and the limited time frame of this event, they won't even have a chance to get passed up due to DKP, it just won't show up.

Make it guaranteed to drop in some way, or make the event much more raidable throughout the year, and almost all of these posts will simply disappear. Oh well, see if we can get 4 dru weapons to drop tonight, be a nice compliment to the 3 shm hammers last time...
  7. Endo Journeyman

Well my guild has two augs drop in two kills of Naggy. Guess that leaves only 8 other people EQ-wide to get this before the event ends.

Hyperbola much? /rollseyes

8. Kelefane Augur

And meanwhile, lots of other guilds havent even seen one in multiple kills. For a limited only time event, his comment isnt far from the truth.
    Insaneox likes this.
  9. Insaneox Augur

You might be lucky on first 2 as well and very well may not see another and chances are high. Way you defend I'm guessing you are one that spent bunch for dkp on it! I don't care if they give to all but they should give us a fair chance of getting as many as possible. Easy fix add second chest and have it solely for augments. In that chest have anywhere from 1-6 something like the PoS raid for the brell augment item drop.
    Kelefane likes this.
  10. Kelefane Augur

I agree. A second chest spawning upon winning with a chance to drop anywhere from 1-6 augs would be nice. I'd even up that and make it anywhere from 6-12.
  11. Endo Journeyman

No, I'm a ranger and not going to bid on one over our tanks. I'll never get one with how they have to structured...I'll always defer to tank classes on this item, at least while they are a somewhat limited drop item and availability.

I just have common sense and am calling you out on the statement of only 10 augs dropping serverwide during the time this event is active. That is a gross exaggeration, but I can't back it up, just like you can't back up your assertion. But my view that only 10 dropping is nothing but drama, is an opinion I'll stand by as reasonable, unless someone proves I'm wrong.

Its like all the people whining in the Cloak thread about how drop rates were nerfed, based on what they see in /ooc chat channels or their own personal experience. Myopic and not founded in any facts.

I'm not disagreeing with you that it is a limited item and not all tank types will get one, not even the majority will in a raiding guild. But, RNG being what it is, some guilds may see zero due to horrible luck, and some guilds may have 15 drop.

12. boukk_sebilis Augur

God forbid having any chase item in EQ raids anymore, bland and copy paste itemisation is apparently the way to go according to some people.

Imagine if the devs ever reintroduced Artifacts item again lol.
    AliveTank. likes this.
  13. AliveTank. Journeyman

Jeesus, do you want to have kelefane and co starting 10 threads about it?
  14. Kelefane Augur

Chase items in raids would be fine if it was year around. However, this is a temporary event that goes away soon and its been broken. They also got away from the norm with it regarding the augs. In past events that were similar, augs were gotten via popup boxes and whatnot. Not this time though. Its an inconsistency. Its also an inconsistency because the devs stated at one time that augs were not going to be regular "raid drops" anymore, but rather rewards for events such as these. So its one huge inconsistency across the board.
  15. Nadisia Augur

Chase items in time limited & half broken events, haha, haha ...
    Boukk, always true to himself :D
    Kelefane likes this.
  16. AliveTank. Journeyman

Because you ve being spoilt once or twice you should be spoilt everytime? yeah right.
  17. boukk_sebilis Augur

Ah , because this is time limited content there shouldn't be any chase items? good to know.
    In fact there has been plenty of chase items in temporary content , even some of them being artefact.

As for the raid being broken, there might be some crashes but the event is easily complete able if you keep at it (we started the event twice and didn't experience any crash yet, so can't be that common).

Anyway it s pretty obvious they aren't going to change anything, so you guys beat that dead horse as much as you want.
  18. boukk_sebilis Augur

19. AliveTank. Journeyman

What it boils down to is this =

Want the absolute best shield aug = go kill nagafen everytime it s up and spend enough dkps on it
    Want the 2nd best shield aug = do tofs and get it for the whole raid.

Seems perfectly fair to me.
  20. Kelefane Augur

You get the TOFS aug via popup box on your first claim ;)
    Just like Naggy should be.