Red Dragon Scales aug needs to be cursor loot

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kelefane, Aug 25, 2013.

1. boukk_sebilis Augur

yeah while the aug is nice to have , at this point of the game, 10 ac on shield won't make or break a toon.
  2. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Apparently some think that without this aug whole guilds will go down in flames. :rolleyes:
  3. Insaneox Augur

10 AC isn't a game changer if ask me.

The raid is pretty fun atleast. Nothing like bringing back memories of the old game.
  4. grrrrrrrf Elder

you dont need it to be garanteed drop much less cursor loot, having a chase once in a while is healthy, so what everyone doesnt get it , that s what makes it valuable.
  5. Cicelee Augur

I am reading a lot of "Well back in the day everyone got all the augs". Well, back in the day EQ developers did not intend to have tradeable 17% over haste cloaks with end game raid T4 stats drop off of random trash mobs that can be soloed. Guess what all, it is happening. Maybe EQ developers are intending nowadays for a 50 ac aug to be looted by a couple people on each server, not by 250 characters on each server.

The times, they are a changing. Either deal with it, or go.
  6. grrrrrrrf Elder

There always has been rare augment items that were chase.
    This is actually a good thing, people need gear to look forward to and actually be happy to acquire, garanteed drop would kill that and I am not even talking about making it a pop up reward, it s stupid, want it? well raid it and get it, it s there , nothing is stoping you.
  7. Explicit Augur

Except constant zone crashes and a raid force that would rather log than go crash 3 times a night for a chance at "hey, maybe it wont crash this time!" Still haven't seen the chest from this event, would be cool.
  8. grrrrrrrf Elder

not sure what s wrong with your raid force, had 0 crash 3 time killed and 1 aug droped ( not yet mine but it will be!).
    Making the aug a pop up reward would be like slaping the ones that paid a fortune in dkp in the face, so not going to happen.
    There s 2 chase items for grpers, and 2 chase items for raiders, yet you dont see grouper whine that they won't be able to get the cloak anymore once event is over.
  9. Ronak Augur

Just a note, the cloak will remain available after the event is over. If the aug was also able to be purchased in the bazaar for several million platinum in a few months, I'd be ok with that.
  10. Kelefane Augur

Naggy down again. No aug at all in chest. Rest of the loot besides Prayers clicky went to alts.
  11. Silv Augur

Only two kills so far but no aug either run (no crashes either luckily)... what we DID have were multiple items useable by a single class drop each time! I'm glad our guild has multiple SHM and BRD alts to save the items from tribute. We had two drums on the first kill, two shaman sticks and more drums on the second...

I get how old sk00l itemization was and how that is supposed to be rekindled with HH, but given the large itemization changes in the past 13 years... I think we'd be a lil more clever than putting mostly single class useable items on a limited time event.

Geez, just drop all the other loot and make augs drop only; everyone would be happy :p

Edit: Prayers of Life or All/All items would probably be okay too since that has a unique effect :0
  12. Kurayami Augur

The old sk00l itemization was bad then too, I know I had the stupid shm only hammer on a twink shm I hardly ever played as well. Guild added a shm as I expect very little from the devs at this point, but I'm sure we'll see more shm only hammers!

And indeed, dropping all the loot except augs would make everyone except the bitter elite few happy. How in the HELL does a giant red dragon NOT drop red dragon scales anyways....
  13. Explicit Augur

The fact that the crashing is even a problem for a handful of guilds shows how poorly things are skimming along (I realize they posted an update on this along the lines of "we cant' figure it out").

Hell, I'd be the guy that would spend loads of DKP on the aug, if we could get past the crashing in order to defeat the event. I worry that their extension of this event doesn't extend to those who have been unable to complete the raid due to bugs, thus removing ANY chance at seeing ANY loot.
  14. Insaneox Augur

They should at very least have second chest like shadow wit chance of up to 6 dropping. With the limited time on event and fact rest of loot is twink. Very silly to play with the minds of the hardcore/anger the top tier when they give groups 2 tier 4 raid items that can be soloed.
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  15. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

What's the 2nd chase item in raid?
    I've seen the ring for casters and the cloak for melee in group content. I assume the 2nd raid item is the caster chase item.
  16. boukk_sebilis Augur

The 2nd chase item is the raid version of the cloak, which while inferior to the grp one in stat , has the same clicky.
  17. grrrrrrrf Elder

There won't be many cloak available, and the one that will be will be at a price.
    There s 2 chance a week for aug since they cut the timer in half, that s more than enough to get a few even if not lucky with rng, anyone that wants it bad enough will get one, the rest can wait next year for the event to pop up again.

Raider have been spoilt with aug reward for those event lately, and it turn some of us into entitled brat.
    The only thing that makes something valuable is its rarity, make the aug garanteed drop or even worse a pop up reward and they might aswell not add an aug to his loot table.
  18. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

So there is no raid chase item for casters?

No need to do this raid at all then :p :D
  19. Riou EQResource

Prayers of Life for everyone :)
  20. Ronak Augur

You said none would be available. Which was not the truth. You speak in absolutes which are also not true. You claim no one would raid if more people got the reward. Ummm. What? It absolutely is the truth, and fact, that this Aug should be more available. It is also fact that equating hardcore heritage with lack of skill and effort, and instead determining all outcomes solely based on the RNG is a bad idea.

The fact that this event remains bugged, and has even been unavailable on some servers entirely for many days has magnified the problem. This is not what hardcore heritage is about. The Aug should be a lot more available. Period.

Now, quickly, make allusions to how my guild is doing things wrong, or doesn't know how to raid.
    Elricvonclief and Imrahil like this.