Ancient Cloak of Flames (raid item) off Death Beetle

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kelefane, Aug 23, 2013.

1. Edrick Augur

I don't think it would change the zone population, but yeah the raid version should be better, even if its a just by a little bit. It's silly.
  2. Laronk Augur

So uhh 46 people in Sol B just doesn't work same thing with 40 people in castle mistmoore. I kinda have a feeling these zones should of been instanced
  3. Gladare Augur

Get out of my zone!
  4. Laronk Augur

lol the best part is I see people actually using tank mercs because they don't want to invite a tank to their group it's so rare

argh
  5. Piemastaj Augur

Well 10min repop times, you can't necessarily afford to have people afk.

Not that your reason isn't valid, but having something that can't go afk helps on a 5+ hour session heh.
  6. Black Soul Elder

Total greedfest, man am I sick of all the wtb ant wts this item in chat. Make it no trade already and let people who want it go get their own. What a mess.
  7. Gnar Augur

Im surprised it wasnt no drop.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  8. Kurayami Augur

First of all, the RNG is not my friend. Went at the zone for a solid 10 hours saturday night, saw one of these around hour 8, forgot how to play for a bit I was so deliriously happy about it. Was pulling so hard my damn bones hurt. Sunday night, went at zone a solid 14-15 hours probably, not a thing, although apparently a mob of mine I had been clearing wandered into another camp(I was camping stone spider/ldcs), with the cloak. Hurray for them, right? Hurray for me starting work Monday with no sleep!

Needless to say, I was not happy, I do not wish them cancer any more, until they open their mouth again possibly, but anyways.... Fun idea to have absolutely anyone have a chance at this item, but what chaos, what horror. Why did I have to need 2 of these things! Is a nice change of pace for sure, but I can assure you I won't touch those zones with a ten foot pole once I hit my goal. Was thinking 6 rings, but now thinking, how about having a life instead, lol :)
    FVRules likes this.
  9. FVRules Journeyman

Haha, people are having a short fuse in the zones. Me included. Not a lot of patience left after a dozen hours camping the same mobs and someone pulls it. I see it and think I'm gonna jump through the screen and strangle them if they say in dropped. LMAO!
  10. Bamkan Augur

11. Kurayami Augur

On another note, I'm fading a bit here, but am catching myself trying to use the keyboard to look around for mobs, making hand motions like I'm using my at home mouse with more buttons, keep having visions of more little bug corpses to loot..... Yep, I been doing this camp a little too much.....
  12. Edrick Augur

No, please - no instances. There are many more negatives there than positives.
  13. Laronk Augur

Like what kinda negative can you think of? People not argueing with each other, no stupid trains? People not holding down some of the item camps/aug camps for the three weeks (breastplate clicky we're looking at you!)
  14. Pirlo Augur

40 people works perfectly in MM.

That's roughly 7 groups.
    Entrance, GY, Bloodwolves, Garden, Grathon, Noble, Kitchen .... 7 camps, all having the same chance from trash to drop the crested ring.

Oh and I am leaving out some other camps too. Probably could entertain 54 people

No....
    Just no.
  15. FVRules Journeyman

I just hope that once people got the augs and clickies they want from MM they give someone else a chance. Only been a few days but a concern.
  16. Risiko Augur

As much complaining as people are doing, one thing is for sure. People will remember this event, and that's what this should be doing... creating memories. How many things have you seen in the past five years of EQ that you were like "man do you remember the time that.... "?

Good job Devs.
    McDougal likes this.
  17. Zeebu Journeyman

Risiko is exactly right. Gameplay is a psychological experience. The attachment that people get to the adventuring combined with the attachment that is gained from the world itself (lore) will not only keep people playing it will keep the player base growing.

When's the last time you told your friends that you went to a Mc Donalds? There has to be a way for you to make your game so players want to tell their friends about it. The way you do it is by creating a memorable experience.
  18. Recnarp Augur

Sad thing is this was supposed to encourage grouping. Instead greed as taken over due to these items.
  19. Kurayami Augur

What would be really bomb is if there was a quest, kill 1000 mobs in solb for a cloak reward, or kill 1000 in MM for a ring reward. People would sure group more then!
    Pirlo, MrGPAC and EQbud like this.
  20. EQbud Augur

or even 100 of each mob type, then people would rotate camps.
    Kill 100 Bats.
    Kill 100 Fire giants.
    Kill 100 Kobolds.
    Kill 100 Fire Elementals & Imps.
    Kill 100 Spiders.
    Pirlo likes this.