Red Dragon Scales aug needs to be cursor loot

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kelefane, Aug 25, 2013.

1. Kelefane Augur

For the entire raid. Or at the very least, an award choice in a popup box ala Steel Behemoths. This aug doesnt even seem to be a 100% for sure chance drop and this Naggy raid is temporary. Some guilds may not even see it and meanwhile, other guilds may only get a couple of them if that.

Red Dragon Scales
    MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM NO TRADE AUGMENTATION PRESTIGE
    Augmentation type: 7 8
    Slot: HEAD FACE EAR NECK SHOULDERS ARMS BACK WRIST RANGE HANDS PRIMARY SECONDARY FINGER CHEST LEGS FEET WAIST
    AC: 50
    STA: 0+8 WIS: 0+8 INT: 0+8 HP: +240 MANA: +240 ENDUR: +240
    Avoidance: +4 Mana Regeneration: +1 Clairvoyance: 8 Heal Amount: 8 Endurance Regeneration: +1
    Recommended level of 95. Required level of 90.
    WT: 0.0 Size: TINY
    Class: ALL
    Race: ALL
    Jordis, Arylle, Mojoslinger and 4 others like this.
  2. Kelefane Augur

Or another alternative would be for the raid to drop 6 of them every time.
  3. Genoane Journeyman

So? Not everyone gets everything.. big whoop.
    Leerah likes this.
  4. Piemastaj Augur

I would like to have Spell DMG added to it also plus the cursor dealio and it will be a good choice :p.
    Jordis, Rainbowdash and Kelefane like this.
  5. Explicit Augur

Pretty crap move having it be a random drop from a loot table. I thought we were done with augs as chest loot in raids?

Add it to an achievement or cursor or reward box, you'd make everyone happy --- especially since the raid NPC isn't even up and hasn't been for some time ON TOP of the massive lag and unplayable servers we experienced yesterday.
    Jordis, Mojoslinger and Kelefane like this.
  6. Insaneox Augur

No heroic dex icky
  7. Kelefane Augur

Anyone who loots this will put it in their shield. So all of a sudden, this is the best shield aug in EQ. Yeah, this needs to be a bit more easily obtained than just being a part of the RNG from the chest. I say make it an award popup box for beating the raid. Or as I said, at the very least, make the raid drop 6-12 each time.
    Jordis, Elricvonclief and TheQxx like this.
  8. Bamkan Augur

Surprised this is secondary usable and the dain's aug is not.

They should keep it like ToFS one, put in 2 more augs (melee dps (hStr) and tank(hDex) ), add spell damage to this one (caster) and have it selectable only once for the entire raid. And then have additional ones drop in the chest. (or a container to change THIS one to one of the other types).

This Aug is 10 more shield AC than the previous best. As a comparison, To go back 10AC from the Dislodged Diamond of Blood (AC40) , you'd have to go back a few expansions to Underfoot Convorteum (Blazing Protective Scales - AC 30).
    Pirlo likes this.
  9. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Keep this aug as chest drop, and introduce a ToFS-style arrangement like Bamkan suggested for raid-wide cursor loot.
  10. Xarucard New Member

Thought they learned with ToFS before they made one of the augments available through achievements, guess not.
  11. Trajet D'Or Augur

For tanks the Shield aug AC progression is:

LDoN (2003) - 35
    12th Anniversary (2011) - 38
    13th Anniversary (2012) - 40
    Nagafen Raid (2013) - 50
  12. Rainbowdash Augur

I concur, it has like every other stat already. It needs spell dmg :p
  13. Pwning Lorekeeper

I agree on making it cursor loot. You really cant put the best shield aug in game for 3-4 weeks only, as a random drop, especially when the raid has already been pulled temporarily for bugs. Augs shouldnt be chest loots, nor part of the loot table.
    Arylle and Kelefane like this.
  14. Ormus Elder

I would like to see an option to increase the drop rate of this aug...for an event that is only up a couple weeks, the precident for the augs has been to make them that everyone gets, or most gets. Or can just leave the loot as it is and leave the raid up permantly and we farm it forever to get the aug.
    Jordis and Loratex like this.
  15. Ormus Elder

Another option for this aug would be to add it as a reward for doing the collections for the 2 zones, but I like the drop 6-12 per kill the best
    Beimeith likes this.
  16. Gladare Augur

There's also the Prismatic Gemstone from crystallos. 35ac.
  17. Ormus Elder

Yah I was suprised to see shield on this aug with that high AC
  18. Gragas Augur

Only reason to do this raid is for the aug because the gear is a bit well lacking in stats ie crap, unless of course you are a class that does not use a shield or really use any of the heroic stats on the aug.

Seriously not much reward for actually getting 54 people to come together to defeat one mob.

There needs to be a melee equivalent if it is indeed turned into cursor loot, sure there is stamina on it, but who specs for stamina that is melee DPS?
  19. Edrick Augur

I agree, augmentations that are a result from an event with a lockout that is available only for a limited time should be granted to everyone who participates. The way the Mistmoore AC aug works is fine (except for my bad luck!) since it's a named that can randomly spawn at any time and there isn't a lockout timer. I'm kind of surprised, the devs made the Tower of Frozen Shadow aug a cursor reward when at first it was just chest loot. What is different this time for Nagafen?
    Kelefane likes this.
  20. Xirtket Augur

I agree, would like to see this be a reward option.
    Elricvonclief and Kelefane like this.