Ancient Cloak of Flames (raid item) off Death Beetle

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kelefane, Aug 23, 2013.

1. br3333nt Journeyman

If it weren't for these items, my RoF T4 group cloak would probably be the best thing throughout the coming expansion (as from my understanding the loot is going to be more or less equivalent to RoF loot). So if I'm not going to be upgrading that slot in the next expansion anyways, I'll take the awesome revamp cloak any day.

They're also tradable, so if people don't want to spend time trying to get them in the 3-week window that they have to try, they can try to buy one later. There's opportunity for anyone to get them. It isn't like non-raiders are getting a whole suit of raid gear or something.
  2. Elricvonclief Augur

Sounds like a pair of great chase items for folks. I know my alt zerker wants one :D
    Kelefane and Pirlo like this.
  3. Kathylynn_Unity Augur

It is nice to see a few items like this thrown out there from time to time and a trend I wouldn't mind seeing continued in all aspects of the game. I just wish there was a way to make these events more community friendly, because this type of thing tends to bring out the worst in people.
  4. McDougal Augur

5. Shaman_AB New Member

Well this is just a start of adding raid gear to group content. Then next expansion it be 2 more slots, next anniversary 2 more and then later there is no need to raid anymore cos everything can be gotten in the group game.
    And I think the concept between raid and group gear was at least till now one thing that seperated everquest from all the 10000 other online games.
  6. McDougal Augur

Don't worry AB. You'll still be uber and able to separate yourself from us uncouth slackers.
    Nenake and Tegila like this.
  7. Rainbowdash Augur

Oh there's a cloak too? I only ever saw the ring. Nice!
  8. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

Two items in two slots that MAYBE 20 people per server will get, MAYBE 20. I dont call that a tragic end to Everquest and raiding as we know it. Let the masses have a couple weeks of fun chasing an item, and everyone should stop crying about it.
    Tegila likes this.
  9. Hatsee Augur

The group one is better than the raid one.
  10. Abazzagorath Augur

1% increase in overhaste. Big whoop, especially considering the people that are melee dps should have a bard anyway.
    Tegila and Beimeith like this.
  11. Tulisin_Dragonflame Augur

They won't really have much of an affect on the raid game, they're more an issue for those who won't raid and are unlikely to see any upgrades to those slots next expansion.
  12. Abazzagorath Augur

Looks like it is bugged though, the group version is better than the raid version.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  13. Tulisin_Dragonflame Augur

Gives raiders a chase item too, and a reason to hunt in the revamped zone.
    Tegila likes this.
  14. Abazzagorath Augur

No, its bugged. Or it would be massively dumb. They both have the same overhaste click which is what is chase about it. The stats on the one dropping from group mobs right now isn't as good statwise as the t4 cloak raiders can already get. And the heroics and stats on the raid one are not even better than t1 raid cloaks.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  15. Pirlo Augur

Dzarn said it was intended. Or am I misreading what you are trying to point out?
    Tegila likes this.
  16. Rainbowdash Augur

The items have like 0.000001% drop chance. You can spend a week non-stop killing in these zones and not see one of either, likely. The entire week+ they have been in Test i think we have 1 ring and no cloak on the server. Granted, Test, so lower pop to kill in there not to mention not everyone is killing is in there (a lot of whiners complaining about the challenge. Which is another point btw, these zones are no cake walk.) I fail to see how these items will hurt raiders.

Some people will complain about anything :(

PS i'm not talking about you, btw, Abazz ;P You're making sense and being reasonable lol
  17. Abazzagorath Augur

He most likely didn't read the stats and assumed, considering the other one has raid level stats (almost 3000 hp, same click effect).

Do you really think they have a t3 equivalent drop from trash in the group zone and the raid drops a t1 equivalent copy?
  18. Explicit Augur

So how do we explain the Mistmoore ring? There's no raid in MM afaik.

Personally don't have a problem with either drops other than that they're probably a bit too rare and killing a billion trash mobs with maxed out toons in not one but two zones might be worse than hell itself.

Oh, bard songs aggroing all kinds of stuff through floors/walls/whatever is pretty annoying too -- let em play their songs!

On a different note, lovin' my AC aug and Frightful Aura clicky
  19. Koneko Augur

and they aren't lore so you can kill for the entire time the zone is revamped horde them and sell then when it is over for 10x the cost as when they were able to be droped bwhahahahaahahahahahahaaaa
    Pirlo likes this.
  20. SpamFactory Augur

I don't think it was a mix up because the ancient cloak of flames is better than all of the naggy raid loot discovered so far, not just the mighty cloak of flames.

they just made the group cloak and MM ring super awesome. I guess it's an itemization experiment.
    Pirlo likes this.