Ancient Cloak of Flames (raid item) off Death Beetle

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kelefane, Aug 23, 2013.

1. Slasher Augur

I think you should do this with more items. Like a big achievement reward is raid quality. Give people other ways to get 2-3 raid quality items without raiding. It just adds more to the game. It gives groupers something to strive for that is both hard but rewarding.
  2. Denial_Sinfae Augur

Kudos Devs. Kudos. I agree with Slasher. 1-2 items per char like this with wanted effects for a lot of work seems grand.
    Pirlo, Sinestra and oogolx like this.
  3. Qualzek Augur

So this is a zone wide random then correct?
  4. Shaman_AB New Member

That is just a sad joke.
    I dont mind a group item or 2 per expansion with raid quality if you actually need a good portion of work for them, like long evolving items or quest / achievement chains.
    But just random drops suck so much, especially when its better than this expansion raid gear.
  5. Trajet D'Or Augur

17% overhaste in group content is your idea of "actually worth pursuing".

Have the Euros and/or unemployed started downing the raids yet? Wondering if they drop anything "actually worth pursuing".
  6. Abazzagorath Augur

Good for groupers. Great idea for limited time limited slot item content.
    Pirlo and Sinestra like this.
  7. Ronak Augur

Kudos, love it.
    Pirlo likes this.
  8. Ishtass Augur

Remind me why the group class weapons have 15% proc-ing OH that require a decent amount of work exists while this 17% clickie can just drop or be bought in baz?
  9. BoomWalker Augur

Because devs hate monks...kidding...just kidding...everyone hates monks.
    Sinestra likes this.
  10. Kurayami Augur

Guess I know where I'm living from now on.... Solusek B!
    Pirlo likes this.
  11. Hatsee Augur

Chase item for raiders and groupers in the same limited time zone.

What a horrible, horrible, horrible idea.
  12. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

The PC population in SolB just tripled after this post.
  13. Edrick Augur

Great idea.
  14. Kurayami Augur

The idea of t3 raid items dropping is pretty cool indeed, and you made it a zonewide rare, so even someone only capable of handling 1 or 2 trash mobs per cycle has a chance. I'm a little annoyed that there might not be enough mobs, especially in solusekB, but that is just greed speaking. It will all work out in the end, be it a severely long camp that decreases wife faction, me forking over plat, whatever, lol :)

On another note, I love what you did with chestplate of the dark flame, I will definitely be in that tower as soon as possible. Items worth camping for everyone, is a good deal!
  15. Tulisin_Dragonflame Augur

I'm a fan of the super-rare chase stuff, but I do worry that with the next expansion being a sidegrade these drops are going to remain best-in-slot for groupers until early 2015. There's going to be lots of angst when these get removed after two weeks.
  16. Gnomeland Augur

I'm going to go on a limb and say that, even though a dev said this is intended, it's gonna get nerfed~
  17. Rogue Augur

There is no way this is intended, they just don't want to deal with the hassle of fixing it when they are working on the new expac. A proper chase item would be 2700hp/mana 12% overhaste, not this garbage. Much too big of an upgrade for a limited availability item.
  18. br3333nt Journeyman

Calm down it's one item. It isn't going to break the game. As a non-raider it is exciting to hunt in the zone at the possibility of getting one. If it weren't for that possibility, I wouldn't even bother with these revamp zones, as the named loot is worse then group T3/T4.
  19. Tulisin_Dragonflame Augur

Two items, two slots that'll probably be the best thing in the game for groupers throughout this entire coming expansion and possibly the next one.

If they want chase items they can give them cool clickies, making them straight up several tiers higher in stats just creates an issue where you screw with itemization for a few years.

Like I said, I like 'em, but they may not be the best thing for the game.
  20. Terraa New Member

You mean something like the best shield AC aug in the game 'til an equivalent came out a few weeks ago?

~Terraa