Downtime 8/21/13?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Chromedian, Aug 21, 2013.

1. Qualzek Augur

Guess we were both wrong ... i thought 11 at the latest.... kind of ridiculous to be this long of a patch and no announcement or update
  2. sihpa Augur

I imagine the patch was some automated thing and the people walking into the office right now are going "what do you mean the servers are locked?"
  3. KC13 Augur

They must have started feeding the hamsters at 11, making uptime sometime afterwards. :p
  4. Ogen New Member

Ok I'm starting to get pissed off now. I just came back a week ago and have been enjoying everything about my return until this. I hate it when when a community manager cant assign the task or make the post himself.
  5. sihpa Augur

Welcome back to EQ!!
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  6. Questoften32 Augur

Oh come on, enough, this is ruining my day now, its been hours, servers are up lets unlock them, pretty please? A few bugs are fine, just kidding...or am I.
  7. Sling_Blade New Member

I literally just downloaded the game client last night after having not played since 2002. I'm itching to see how it's all changed!
  8. Ogen New Member

Servers up
  9. Mytoss Elder

i just logged in , while i do love the extra stats but is 4 lines of same planar stuff like it should be?
  10. Mytoss Elder

nvm i guess , it went away when i zoned
  11. FrankeB New Member

soooo now that the AAs are broke and some people are getting 200+ more heroic stats off the planars we will be "exploiting" if we play like this? =P
  12. Abazzagorath Augur

1) the stat aa aren't heroic stats
    2) it goes away when you zone

The only actual bug is people that weren't max aa received aa achievements from the extra aa and they seem to be keeping the achievements.
    Tegila likes this.
  13. Sinestra Augur

I'm not sure I like the sound of HF items being sold in the marketplace.
  14. Laronk Augur

Why, if people want to pay to look different wooptie doo
  15. Reprisal Augur

Not a fan of the idea myself. I'll keep my pitchfork in a pile of hay until some HF armours are exclusive to the marketplace, or "available in game" like the merc slot tradeskill quest, though.
  16. Sinestra Augur

We already paid to look different. It costs you $12.00 per character just to have the option to look different. If they start selling looks on top of that it makes me concerned.
    Reprisal likes this.
  17. Laronk Augur

Yeah but if you don't like it you can actually farm these in game unlike the unlock (which I only did on one of my characters, wish it was account wide for 12$)
  18. Sinestra Augur

It's a slippery slope. If they are selling the normal items you get as drops from the game, that isn't too bad I suppose, but it is a move in the wrong direction. Will it cause problems in the already terrible game economy? Will they sell Noble, Insidious, and Shissar items? Will the next items they sell only be available in the market?
    Marton likes this.
  19. Lenowill Augur

Selling appearances for $ is one of the most harmless profitable things they can put on the market, right up there with housing items and weapon ornaments. I say let them -- it has zero impact on gameplay balance and brings in more revenue for the game.

If someone with more money than I have wants to throw money at EQ in support of it, and get a cool new look out of the deal, more power to them. It pays EQ's bills and keeps Free and Silver available for those of us who don't have a lot of extra cash right now (likemeforinstance).
  20. Sinestra Augur

Again, we already paid for the service. If they start hiding content for said service behind more cash purchases, that is a problem. It's not harmless when I have already paid. I am not interested in being charged multiple times just to enjoy a service.