Downtime 8/21/13?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Chromedian, Aug 21, 2013.

1. Warpiggs Augur

I'm guessing it comes back up at 11:00 am EST.
  2. sihpa Augur

/insert angry MFing post here
  3. Zaax New Member

What are you guys talking about? According to the Everquest site, ALL servers are up (with the same populations.) :rolleyes:

https://www.everquest.com/
    sihpa likes this.
  4. Tegila Augur

mostp layers still dont ever come to the forums so no big deal. however for future reference generally even if not announced, any time there is a Test patch a week later there will be a live patch with the same updates. it's not guarnateed unless/until they post it but i'd prepare if you actually have to prepare for a patch (some guy earlier was complaining he didnt get in place for his permacamp spots lol) even when the patches ARE announced 80% of the game seems to be oblivious to patches anyway, cant win. just..find somethign to do, usually theyre up about 11am eastern but soemtiems earlier sometimes later, argue with people in server chat if you want, read the forums, watch some Supernatural on USA (hehe) whatever. won't kill anyone, have some patience and things will be much better soon.
  5. Xerzist Augur

Really? They can't just post an update saying "Hey, were going to take the servers down"

If I can sit at my help desk and service a 5000 + user environment between two people -- they can type an update out. Kudos.
    Gyurika Godofwar and sihpa like this.
  6. Uxtalzon Augur

- Lord Nagafen has moved deeper within his lair. If you wish to face him, speak to the Stoic Imp which now resides within his chambers.
    - Starting a Muramite Proving Ground group trial will no longer apply a two-hour lockout to all Muramite Proving Ground group trials.
    - Facing Your Fear - The task now has a six-hour replay timer.

First one: wat? Is this in preparation for the upcoming HH re-amp, or is this a fix/change going live forever and ever? I'm guessing it's sort of the way Dolgin Codslayer is for druid epic - the imp is a placeholder to spawn Nagafen rather than a player running up to the chamber door and getting nailed before he can even open it.... not to bother devs on this issue, but was that the reason, or something?

YAY for Muramite Proving Grounds lockouts being removed! I already have them done on my main, but regardless, thank you! Do we still require a full group of 6 or more, or can just three players start the expeditions now?

Facing your Fear - this was exploitable. I knew how to get it to work and finish it, and I was amazed how there was no lockout timer. I could easily get the experience/AAs every 5-10 minutes and a DPS class could do it even faster. But six hours timer? I was hoping for four.
  7. Tegila Augur

6 hours is standard mission lockout
  8. Uxtalzon Augur

But it's not a mission... it's a solo task. But whatever, I prefer doing different tasks for daily intake of AAs to chip away at that mountain of progress in my way.
  9. sihpa Augur

I cant remember them ever taking a full group of 6 to request. As of a week ago it was 2 toons+merc and you get the mission. The lockout change is welcome even though im done with them. Next maybe they can look at updating some DoN factioning BS.
  10. Tobynn Augur

Heads up -- that short list is incomplete. Also changed was EQUI_Animations.xml (added dragitem182 and 183), which will break most custom UIs.
    Esero likes this.
  11. Coardan Elder

Maybe they put it on the Welcome Screen as a message... hehe
  12. Shadilion New Member

So the servers are up right? wait down? but server status say....sigh
  13. Riou EQResource

Server Status doesn't give out a 'Locked' Status, I brought it up a few times before, but no one from SOE ever saw or replied to it :p
  14. Shadilion New Member

cute, oh well it is nice to see however that as old as eq is, when the servers come down you can find good amount of people wanting it back up post haste....or else lol
    Tegila and Wizardling like this.
  15. Zrahle New Member

I hate to jump on the bandwagon, but we always get told when station cash is doubled or a new app goes live, a patch notice would be cool.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  16. Orrb New Member

A notice would have been really nice and a eta would help as well.
  17. Esero Elder

Where is Voodoman?! I'm going to need help with my UI >,<
    Voodoman likes this.
  18. Questoften32 Augur

*sends positive energy to servers and wills they unlock themselves*
  19. Roeshambo New Member

They will post a notice that the server downtime is coming, but it will be posted tomorrow. It really is kind of annoying that they don't inform anyone or give any level of warning. And to find any information you have to dig. Even to find out if a double xp weekend is coming you have to dig through the website, and its never posted till 20 minutes before the fact. Its really silly. Sony should really have better customer contact. Especially if they expect any sort of success for Next.
  20. sihpa Augur

Everyone but the fanboi's knows exactly how Next is going to pan out.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Ratbo Peep like this.