EQ PLAYERS

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Phynster, May 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elricvonclief Augur

I would love to see it implemented, so folks can see a character with no buffs/disc/etc, just the baseline, similar to magelo.
  2. Leerah Augur

But then, what would be the point of putting your stat food on top before you did /eqplayers? :)
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  3. Elricvonclief Augur

LOL Lee, everyone on Magelo does that now, especially since they let the free (manual) folks switch food/drink. (thank you magelo btw, that was 250ish AC with that):D
    Leerah likes this.
  4. Khat_Nip Meow

Stat food/drink would also be something to exclude with a new EQPlayers of course.

In the original EQPlayers setup it was near impossible to try and gauge where you stood with your peers when you wanted to see where you could improve because everybody was all over the place because of stat modifiers; buffs, songs, auras, circle clicks, clickies, procs, stat food/drink and the rest.

Obviously SOE has ALL the character data on each toon and can display it accordingly; whether it be starting stats, current gear, AAs, MM Trials, DoN Resists and whatever else puts you at your baseline character.
    A baseline is certainly what is needed, not some ever-changing kaleidoscope of stats that change on a whim when the character itself doesn't make any appreciable changes.
  5. Gladare Augur

Stat food is my baseline. I'm never ever without it.
  6. Muramx Augur

And magelo isn't? there are a lot of fake profiles/wish list ones which skew your ranking not to mention the bunch of people that don't use it so it's not very accurate judging where you are on your server.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  7. Rouan Augur

*monthly wondering where EQPlayers is*
  8. Mykaylla Augur

It's on the Plane of Soon(TM).
  9. Gragas Augur

Thought it was the Plane of Not Profitable (TM).
  10. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

No, just Soon™, they said when they originally stopped updating it and again when they removed it that they weren't going to be bringing it back until the API was completed for all the games that they had. I am betting that EQ Next delayed this a bit. I am betting that sometime either around or after EQ Next launches we'll see it return.
    Mykaylla likes this.
  11. CrazyLarth Augur

Did anybody ask about it at sony live?
  12. Amnerys Augur

This seems like an appropriate place to say, "Hey, we're looking for coders!" If you know of anyone with the experience and skills needed, JChan would love to welcome some new coders to her team. Send them here to apply.
    Lenowill and Pirouette like this.
  13. Axxius Augur

But they just keep stealing EQ coders for EQNext :(
    Sinestra, Beimeith, Mykaylla and 3 others like this.
  14. Drakang Augur

Whoever is doing Magelo might like a steady paycheck if you just bought them out and hired them.
  15. Toquillaw Augur

So, after all this time of waiting for something we had before, we are finally coming up to the point where you are considering hiring programmers to start the task? I really assumed it was further along than that.
  16. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Yes they do. I fear they day they come to take Jchan from us :(
  17. Mykaylla Augur

First they came for SKlug, and I didn't speak out because I was not SKlug...
    Then they came for Rtugok, and I didn't speak out because I was not Rtugok...
    Rouan, Beimeith, Edrick and 1 other person like this.
  18. Coardan Elder

This would be my dream job I think. I love old massive code bases, ones that just make angry yet passionate about my work to improve and do things . Now if I wasn't 6000 miles away, unwilling to move, and I guess probably need to be an american I would totally apply for this.
  19. AB_H'Sishi Augur

You will have three GAME SLOTS on Magelo Premium without buying extra slots. This means a total max of three accounts from various games they support, including EQ.
    If you have EQ only, you have 3 slots (1 slot = 1 EQ account) with up to 12 (or whatever is the max amount of chars per account, including additional char slots) chars per account, makes 36 chars.
  20. junglenights Augur

I loved the eqplayers. One thing it did which I haven't seen anybody mention is you could check up on your old guildmates and see if they were playing, without needing to be subbed or logged in. I did that many times.

You could also see their inventory. Magelo only showed what they added to it, I think.

Some here said it wasn't accurate. At times, yes. I think it did show a baseline, though. Perhaps the baseline also got buffed and that's what people here are referring to? Either way, I recall it showing two fields for HP: baseline/buffed. Even though it wasn't a perfect means to compare yourself to others, it was very close to being accurate and considering it was the WHOLE server population being shown, it was a potentially better source of information than Magelo.

One last thing... For a while I "rode" eqplayers, comparing my stats to others and using it as motivation to better my character. It was kind of like checking the high score list and see how you match up. I know some players frown at that kind of gaming, thinking it's beneath them. However, I've always been competitive and I can't be the only one. It helped keep me playing.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.