Test Update 08/13/13

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by JChan, Aug 13, 2013.

1. Nenton Augur

Have they even acknowledged the PoS crash bug yet? I haven't tried much tracking there in a while but even my druid was crashing and they have less track skill than bards now so I assume all the trackers were crashing there.

Point being, they should fix that bug for everyone and rangers should request path to target tracking as your compensation for track sorting being handed out.
  2. JChan Developer

Have you tried this on the test server recently?
  3. Liliana Augur

Ive never crashed while tracking in Plane of Shadow on test since it went live /shrug
  4. Ishtass Augur

On a bard though right? Does this only affect rangers?
  5. Liliana Augur

I have a 95 ranger I've campfired in for loots, and hes never crashed while tracking either
    Ishtass likes this.
  6. gcubed Augur

Why would I? SOE has never acknowledged the problem exists, let alone said anything about working on it, or fixing it.
  7. Liliana Augur

That's being real helpful.

It obviously doesn't affect everyone. So if they could get more specifics from the people that do crash it could help them fix the problem. Whining and crying at them to fix it doesn't fix anything. Log into test and see if you crash. If you do crash, click the send info button, come here and then post that you crashed to desktop at so and so time and sent the info, JChan can then go find that specific info to look into.
    Pirlo likes this.
  8. Gladare Augur

He has a point. Why would he /testcopy and run his toon to poshadow to see if a problem that has never been acknowledged has been fixed? He's not saying he wouldn't do it. He's saying why would he have done it before now.
  9. gcubed Augur

You mean like when PoS was first released and I crashed there, did the send info and submitted a bug report. Did the send info every time I crashed. Talked about it in the Update thread and the thread in the Veterans lounge. You mean like that? Or after the next test patch I copied to test and crashed in PoS and did a send info. Then checked Live after the update, crashed and did a send info. Then after the next test patch after that repeated the process? You mean like that?

The first time anyone at SOE even gave a hint that they were aware of the problem was in this thread. I had long since given up on testing something that SOE wasn't even interested in acknowledging.
  10. Liliana Augur

But you'll still cry about it

We cant bug it on test if it doesnt happen to us. I've only ever seen 1 person complain of tracking crash on test and it was for one night. So we need people who are having the problem on live come here and do it. You say you sent the info, Ive always found the best course of action is to then either pm jchan or post here that you did it and for what problem.
  11. Liliana Augur

Leerah likes this.
  12. gcubed Augur

13. Liliana Augur

Did you read the post from the tech? It said it was communicated to the appropriate team, aka JChan and the other devs. Hence, why she's asking if you tried it on test recently. Feel free to post something constructive at any time
    Pirlo likes this.
  14. gcubed Augur

Lets try this one more time. JChan asked if I had tried it on test recently. My response was, "Why would I?" Up until that time has anyone said that it had been fixed, was being worked or even had bubbled up to the top of someone's schedule to look at? No. And as a matter of fact, JChan's question doesn't even say that although it might (MIGHT, I say) imply that.

As for Tech Support saying they would relay it to the appropriate people, they never said they got a response.
  15. Liliana Augur

Also, there seems to be an issue with instances on test at the moment. Clicking on the default guild hall is giving the message

"there is no expedition currently available for you"
    "Your guild hall is loading, please try again in 10-15 seconds"

Going on 5 minutes+ now
  16. gcubed Augur

Look, I understand not all fixes are posted nor can they be. But that doesn't mean that if it is not mentioned it has been worked on, either. JChan asked me, If I had tried it recently. My response was not at all hostile, it was simply a question as to why would I try to test a fix if I was unaware of a fix. I didn't get hostile until you decided to take me to task for not being a mind reader.
  17. Liliana Augur

maybe hostile was the wrong word, but it surely wasnt a helpful response. Anyways Im done trying to reason with you, do everyone a favor and log onto test, Im currently not crashing in Plane of Shadow, but I never have anyways.
  18. JChan Developer

Ok, we just ran some quick server maintenance. Normal instances should be spawning again for now, but a final fix will have to wait for the next test update.
  19. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Ranger track skill rest at 300 with AAs while Druids are only at 175 with AAs. So if your major consideration is distance then a ranger is what you want.
  20. Sebbina Augur

Tarvas you wooden elf, don't you recognize silly comments when you see them, (just so you understand the new ranger is a mid level 75 ish, for farming purposes as rangers can shoot on the move and I can't nuke while moving). It will be handy for me to be able to sort track so that is nice.
    Tarvas likes this.