No $ for you SoE.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Siddar, Jul 3, 2013.

1. Siddar Augur

Had you had a double SC sale for the fourth you would have gotten $40 from me on one account.
    If you had a triple SC sale for the fourth you would have gotten $40 x 2 on two accounts.
    A 40% SC sale gets you $0.
  2. Djinnkitty Augur

I don't think they can hear you over the sound of lots of other people giving them money for digital goods.
    Buktum, Moklianne, Ryfen and 5 others like this.
  3. Audigy Elder

Wow man, thanks for sharing !

I'm sure the sounds of hundreds of other transactions are drowning out your tiny little voice.
  4. Siddar Augur

I doubt it.

There is a reason they have big bags on sale at the same time as a SC sale for the first time. That being to hide the decline in SC sales that this less then double SC sale would have shown without bags pushing up numbers.
  5. Slasher Augur

lol complaining about 10%. 40% is basically double SC. 10k for 51$.
  6. Jonny Panic Augur

Someone failed math, apparently. 40% more SC is nowhere near 100% more SC.

I, too, only buy SC when they have double and triple SC events, and only if it includes the Wal-Mart cards. Anything less, and it's income they're not getting from me, as well.

I'm sure DK will find a way to insinuate, subtly or otherwise, that one tiny voice or two, Siddar's and my own sentiments mean practically nothing in the avalanche of him buying SC... but this is now two people flat-out saying "Hey SOE, you're not getting a cent extra from me unless you can sack up and offer a real SC sale. Double or triple SC... or nothing."

Double or triple, though, I usually buy two cards for each of my two accounts.
  7. Khat_Nip Meow

It's actually not $1 = 1SC like you would expect, more like a volume discount pricing thing going on as normally (according to the announcement page) $85 would afford you 10,000 SC but with this sale you get that same 10,000 SC for only $51; a 40% savings for the limited time.
  8. Djinnkitty Augur

I'm just laughing at the entitlement of "How dare you not discount as much as I want you to discount!"

This isn't the same as the fiasco a while back when they pulled the SC-for-subs without warning, as that was a genuine bait-and-switch, incredibly unethical, and left a lot of people with fake money they could no longer use for the one thing they liked using it for. This is just complaining because suddenly the sale isn't catering to you quite as much as it did last time around.
  9. Slasher Augur

You want to do math lets do math.

Normally double SC is only for the game cards.

15$ = 3k SC unless you do the walmart ones
    to get 12k that way
    15x4 = 12k or 60$

To get 12k SC with 40% off using CC or paypal = 63$ and you do not pay tax on that you go to store you're paying tax which makes your 60$ purchase at the store > 63$.

Looks a lot closer now doesn't it.

btw right now the cards give 1500 + 1k if the walmart ones still give the +500 thats effectively double SC.
    Ryfen likes this.
  10. Siddar Augur

I prefer 5000 and 10000 SC purchases made in game the built in discount for large SC purchases offsets almost all gain from the bonus 500 SC on wallmart cards.

In the end it comes down to if SoE loses less then 20% of potential sales that it would have generated with a true double SC sale. If so then they wont lose any money and could make a few % extra $ sales.

Most likely though people like me represent about 50% of total SC sold. So SoE is going to lose a large amount of money by this attempt to gouge a few extra bucks out of people.
  11. Tegila Augur

yeah guys this is a discount not a bonus. instead of buying 1000 sc and getting 1400 for 10bucks like some are thinking this is, you buy taht 1000 sc for 6bucks, for 12bucks youd get 2000 which is nearly double. it is however most beneficial to not use cards this time because of this
  12. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

I'm jumping on this because I can buy a small amount at a discount for my alt accounts, rather than $15+tax for more SC than I need.
  13. Crystilla Augur

<--- confused.

There are 2 offers going on today.

1) 40% off SC when you buy it from SoE.
    2) An extra 1000 SC when you redeem a pre-paid $1500 card.

It's the 2nd option some are saying is almost double. Because well. Redeeming a regular $1500 card gives you $1500. Double that price and you get $3000. However on this sale you get $1500+$1000=$2500. $2500 is very close to the doubled $3000 price.

What Tegila said is correct as well - since both offers are giving you $2500 for the $15 dollar purchase, why waste a pre-paid card which on true double/triple days will net you more - and instead just purchase from SoE directly.
  14. gnomeboss Augur

i just spent $200 on station cash so soe wouldn't feel the pain from your boycott, OP.
    Ryfen, Toquillaw and Starla like this.
  15. Ankarv Harbinger of Nightmares

Im rolling on the floor right now due to this! I think we all know who really failed math. Yes, 40% off is 10% away from double station cash......(double also known as 50% off)
    I just love it when someone opens mouth and inserts foot.
    EPIC FAIL
    Ryfen, Toquillaw and Sinestra like this.
  16. Derd Augur

Well i for one then am waiting for the 100 percent off sale myself :) LOL ... now i just hope everyone has a miniscule sense of humor at least. And for the ragers, no one makes anyone buy sc or buy subs to give soe money. I would imagine most do it because suprisingly we LIKE Everquest and even some of the extra trinkets and goodies you can purchase with sc. You can go thru your entire eq life and never buy any, heck destroy the free sc if that bothers you also. As to buying the cards at walmart i do everything i can to not purchase anything there, that is my personal decision does it cost me money sometimes yep but it's my own "personal" decision.
    EQbud likes this.
  17. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

Ya, get the local, certified organic, free-trade, gluten free, vegan, no animal testing SC from the web site.
  18. Jonny Panic Augur

Paying $9 for 2000 SC comes out to .45 cents per SC (that's just under a half cent per SC, not forty-five cents). Paying $15 for 4000 SC comes out to .375 cents per SC. For ten SC that's 4.5 cents versus 3.75 cents. For 500 SC, that's $2.25 versus $1.875. For 2000 SC, that's $9 versus $7.50. For 4000 SC, that's $18 versus $15.

For three bucks, that's 666.66 SC versus 800 SC. For five bucks, that's 1111.11 SC versus 1333.33 SC. For ten bucks, that's 2222.22 SC versus 2666.66 SC.

You can do the math all day, but it is still not "basically double" SC. There's definitely a difference.

However, I originally had just barely skimmed the announcement and didn't realize the deal was a 40% discount. It IS "almost half off", which generally amounts to "almost double" (NOT "basically double") SC.

I rescind the portion of my post that says "Someone failed math, apparently." and replace it with "Someone failed verbal logic, apparently." However, since SOE has modified the forums to disallow editing after X amount of time for some idiotic reason, I cannot just go back and change my above post.

And since SOE has established a long and rich precedent of double and occasional triple SC events, I still won't be buying any SC during this event. If they want more money from me, they should just run double and triple SC events more often. I buy during each one.
  19. Jonny Panic Augur

See above.
    Enjoy your foot.
  20. Qbert Gallifreyan

The part of this thread I find the most interesting are the people saying they pay tax on the cards, but not in marketplace. I pay tax on sc purchases in the marketplace . . .