Some Questions about Figurine Collector's Chests...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Caudyr, Jun 20, 2013.

1. Caudyr Augur

Someone linked the Figurine Collector's Chest: Dolls (I know they give random 'plushies' that are a mix of Bellikos and Puppet placeable duders upon right clicking them) in the eqresource channel sometime last night and I later got some fighting in some zones around Norrath...my questions about this are...
    1. Are these only temporary drops? I see that they're also for sale in marketplace for 150sc per chest...but only for another ~28.5 days...this is the main reason I ask this question. If so, is this all just part of the Hardcore Heritage stuff...or is it part of a new 'program' of sorts?
    2. I see that the drop is specifically labelled "Dolls" in its name...does this mean we will get other Figurine Collector's Chest types added that will give us more graphics to work with? If so, does that also mean that the new chest will replace the currently dropping one and make it stop dropping...or will it just drop along with the other one?
    3. If the chests are only temporary drops and there are going to be other chests available...will we get a NPC that we can hand in the 'current' dropping chests into so we can exchange them for older ones and still have the chance to complete those? Can do this via either giving us a quest to exchange for a different container...or just having the guy be a merchant with a specific currency for these chests (or the specific items from the chests if you wanted to, heh)...and you 'sell' him the chest to get the currency and 'buy' a different one. An alternative to that would just be to make the 'dolls' or whatever available on a new merchant for purchase for a person who has completed the collection of them all...so they can get more. Could have this NPC be in Sunrise Hills...as it's the most logical location for them. Could also have finishing the supposedly hidden achievement for this
    4. Is it possible to make it so these 'dolls' and whatnot can be changed in size? The current size of the dolls is good for the "max" size (maybe a LITTLE bigger, for some people's designs), but I can see how some people would want to shrink them down for specific designs...so it'd be nice if we could shrink them down to much smaller than their current size, if we so desire. Letting them be shrunk down to around the size of the dolls that drop in Sanctum Somnium and some other zones would be a good 'minimum' size setting.:)
    Basically...I'd like some additional information about this new thing that wasn't mentioned in the patch notes that I saw...and whether there will be more, etc. :)

All in all, I'm not sure who came up with this idea...but I like it!

I hope you continue it and add more collection sets (like Golems, etc)...though if you do I also hope you do #5 so we can get the ones that may not drop anymore or exchange the ones we do get for ones we need but haven't gotten once more sets are put in. :D
    Tegila likes this.
  2. Tegila Augur

id love another set too. i hadnt even heard about them dropping until id found them in marketplace and bought a bunch tryingo t get the set. got the set finished from a generous person in general though not the 4k+ sc i spent lol.

id also like to hear more about the ssraezsha ornaments, im sure i could dig in the test forums for it but there's as of yet not a single one of these items or the achievments updated to alla which tells me no one's done them in the live game yet, or very very few. maybe a little blurb in the achievement itself about how they're acquired as we all know thoset hat frequent theforums are a very small portion of the population
  3. Straahdx Augur

Teg, a guy in my guild got a set of the snake armor yesterday. He may simply not be running item collector though.
  4. Reprisal Augur

Really think the marketplace should mention that these items also drop from mobs.

Re: Ssra ornaments, can they drop from Chelsith too, or just Ssra?
  5. CaptAmazing Augur

Are these just decoration or do they serve another purpose?
  6. Fenthen aka Rath

All puppets should be resizable, such as Rallos Zek and Solusek Ro ones (which I suppose resemble the Plane of Mischief versions, since they are not the Planes of Power ones)
  7. Caudyr Augur

For that matter, the 'action figures' that you get for finishing HoT zone questlines should also be resizable...the 'min size' is fine...but let them at least be resizable to the 'standard' size of goblins, please!

Don't wanna derail the thread too much, though - cause the initial post hasn't been responded to, yet! :D
    Tegila and Fenthen like this.
  8. Kyreth Elder

Tegila, the Ssraeszha ornaments are acquired by first collecting Corrupted Shissar Fangs from shissars in any zone throughout Norrath. They seem to be pretty rare on trash, or else I am just unlucky, as I killed over 800 shissar in Ssra and only got 5 drops, plus 1 drop from Emp (raid named seem guaranteed to drop it). Then there is a guy on a hill by the pit in the Overthere who will explain some back story about the shissar, and give you a quest to choose an ornament. You need to hand in one Corrupted Shissar Fang, and one template of the appropriate type for the quest (which you buy from him). It's sort of like turning in spell runes as you get the option to pick a particular piece, or if you change your mind you can choose to get the turn-in items back.

I picked chain for my first set (didn't get a helm because hats mess up my hair), and will farm stuff for plate later, since the chain was more colorful:

[IMG]

Err, and Caudyr, so as not to totally derail your thread, I also managed to pick up 6 of the doll collection chests while farming. Ssra is a hot zone now, right? Do these chests only drop in hot zones or can it be any zone?

Edit: NM that question, since apparently it's not a hot zone. It kept dropping 5 billion newbie augs so I thought it was.
    Tegila and Fenthen like this.
  9. Tobynn Augur

+1 for making the doll size scalable. I expected since they were dolls they would be doll-sized, similar to the goblin action figurines. Being stuck with these plushies as full size models, I'll be hard pressed to find a place within housing to display a set.
    Fenthen likes this.
  10. gcubed Augur

It was a hot zone at one time. Hot zone augs remain a part of the zone drop table forever.
  11. Caudyr Augur

I did some testing...killed a couple hundred mobs in FoB and never saw one. Killed some mobs in Dulak's Harbor and found one...did a clear of Crypt of Nadox and got 2. I heard someone say they were dropping like candy in Chapterhouse...so they may have a % drop rate based on the level of the mobs or something? I dunno. Maybe one of the devs can answer that question, too! :D
  12. Tegila Augur

well idk about that but ive yet to see one drop in convorteum
  13. Siddar Augur

14. Shirrkarn New Member

Don't think lvl of mobs is relevant, got one chest from 3 hours plus in Shadow. WTS stupid figurine :rolleyes:
  15. Illusionist_Innania Augur

I got a chest yesterday while doing the Solteris arc in Silyssar. My chanter is now also Solteris flagged many years after the fact, but it was bugging me hahaha
  16. Siddar Augur

The chest drop is a random from everywhere it seems.

You need to open one chest to start the achievement quest for plushies in your achievement window.

After that you only need to have someone hand you all nine of plushies to complete achievement and get queen plushie.