Make poison help??

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Icetech, Mar 20, 2013.

1. Icetech Lorekeeper

So, i am leveling a rogue.. am at 50 and decided i would like to make my own poisons.. finding a guide made since like 2004 is impossible.. and looking at recipes it seems it will cost 5p per attempt if i buy the items?? Is this correct or is there a cheaper way to make poison? And if this is the case.. is there a reason to not just buy bite of shis from the vendor? are there much better poisons that you make? thanks much
  2. Aggememnon Elder

3. Hahlfwit Augur

4. Icetech Lorekeeper

Hmm thanks guys.. for some reason my search skills are broken:)
  5. Mykaylla Augur

Hey there!

I recently took a rogue's poison skill to 300. I went with the vendor-bought Scorpion's Agony to 170 as listed in Hahlfwit's guide. I didn't follow the rest of that guide, however.

You know all that caladium, laburnum, larkspur, oleander, delphinium, privit, that you see dropping? Save it all. Hit vendors for it too- they're really cheap and other than the highest levels of delphinium, privit (both of which are used in the paired raid poisons), muscimol, and sometimes oleander, no one really has much use for them. Make the extracts of them- they're not expensive to make, and everything for all of that stuff stacks.
    Caudyr and Hahlfwit like this.
  6. Caudyr Augur

This is what I did when i helped a friend's rogue alt level up poison making. It's really the most cost effective (not to mention easiest) way. ^^
  7. Tinyfeet Elder

The easiest way to level poison making up is to do the following:

1. Crescent reach freebie points to 54

2. Right there at crescent reach next to the freebie quest guy buy about 10 stacks each of:
    • Formic Acid
    • Waterbane Powder
    • Neutral Wash
    • Solusek Nodule
    3. Go to the bazaar and buy all of the stacks of these that you see for a reasonable price:
    • Caladium
    • Delphinium
    • Laburnum
    • Larkspur
    • Muscimol
    • Oleander
    • Privit
    4. From 54-300 combine 1 of each item from #2, with any one of the plants from #3. This will make an extract. The extracts from later expansions have trivials over 300 so you can cheaply power level your poison making to the cap with this technique (baz prices dependent obviously, but I recently did it for almost free with this technique).

5. If that doesn't get you to 300, then use extracts with the following recipes:

Secondary Poisons: (Archer's Bane, Fighter's Bane, Messenger's Bane, Monk's Bane, Myrmidon's Sloth, Quellious' Trauma - these range from I to XVIII)
    • Tier appropriate suspension fluid (look it up on eqtraders, search for recipes that use that extract)
    • Tier appropriate _____ poison vial (look it up on eqtraders, search for recipes that use that extract)
    • Emulsifier
    • 1 extract made in step 4
    All/All Poisons: (Scorpion's Agony, Spider's Bite - these range from I to XVIII)
    • Thick suspension fluid
    • Emulsifier
    • Tier appropriate _____ poison vial (look it up on eqtraders, search for recipes that use that tier of nigriventer/gormar venom)
    • 1 tier appropriate _____ nigriventer venom OR _____ gormar venom (look it up on eqtraders).

Hope this helps.

Tiny
  8. Tinyfeet Elder

Alternative path from 54 to 260:
    Strike of Ssraeshza XVIII - trivial 260 - total cost approx. 1.5 plat per combine
    Recipe:
    • Distilled Grade A Choresine Sample (5g from Craftkeeper Irus Tindlefoot in Shard's Landing)
    • Stylized Sealed Poison Vial (5g from Craftkeeper Irus Tindlefoot in Shard's Landing)
    • Emulsifier (found on most poison merchants, I usually origin to Crescent Reach for mats)
    • Celestial Suspension Fluid (found on most poison merchants, I usually origin to Crescent Reach for mats)
  9. Bamp Augur

I tried to make this with my Make Poison skill at 83, but it just says "You are too inexperienced in your craft to even consider attempting this combination". My character is only level 58 so maybe that is the problem, I don't know.

Edit: Ahh yeah, it does say required level 100 on some of the mats ... /sigh.
  10. Slinkity_BotS New Member

At level 100 you get the message also. /shakes fist
  11. sojero One hit wonder

The combine is not about char level its about poison skill level, I don't know about that one specifically but I know many of the newer types of poisons have a min skill level needed to attempt. Some of the basic ones you have to be at the level it maxes at to even attempt it. They did this so that you could not skill up on cheap easy ones that all the components can be bought from venders.
  12. Yther Augur

13. MeloxXx Journeyman

To add some detail to the post about extracts, here are some trivials so you can do them in the best order.

There is an alternative path for post 275 when you are done with Spirit of Sloth. Use extracts. IF you have been a clever bunny and have been stockpiling the plant poison components like Muscimol, Delphinium, Caladium etc, then you have made life very easy for yourself.

Skillup on extracts

All use 1 x plant (drop) + 1 of each of following 4 items bought from Toxicologist Huey in PoK.
    Formic Acid, Neutral Wash, Solusek Nodule, Waterbane Powder.
    All ingredients stack to 100.
    Al results stack to 100. *frantic cheering*

Results can be kept for utility poisons. In general the order of increasing skill is Pristine > Immaculate > Flawless > Tainted

The dropped ingredients and their trivials are as follows:

Pristine Larkspur 288
    Immaculate Larkspur 291
    Pristine Oleander 291
    Pristine Muscimol 292
    Immaculate Oleander 294
    Immaculate Muscimol 295
    Pristine Caladium 295
    Pristine Laburnum 296
    Pristine Delphinium 298
    Immaculate Caladium 298
    Immaculate Laburnum 299
    Immaculate Delphinium 300
    Pristine Privit 300
    Immaculate Privit 303
    Flawless Larkspur 355
    Tainted Larkspur 355
    Flawless Oleander 358
    Tainted Oleander 358
    Flawless Muscimol 359
    Tainted Muscimol 359
    Flawless Caladium 362
    Tainted Caladium 362
    Flawless Laburnum 363
    Tainted Laburnum 363
    Flawless Delphinium 364
    Tainted Delphinium 364

So pat yourself on the back if you have been collecting these or head for the baz

MeloxXx