A HUGE mistake

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Danille, Apr 24, 2013.

1. Zahrym Augur

You mean like mobs that are spell or archery immune and spread vicariously through every expansion over 14 years?
  2. Orbital101 Augur

A huge mistake adds are not only rootable but will also despawn if left alone.
  3. Liliana Augur

3 boxed glorig today with bard/sham/monk in mix of RoF group gear with merc tank, merc healer 2x. Lots of hp, but really no harder than any other normal named.

A Huge Mistake on the other hand ate my merc tank for lunch a few times. Not even close to happening
  4. Chandrok Augur

A Successful Mistwielder difficulty sounds a bit off. I'll take a look at it.
    Axxius likes this.
  5. BoomWalker Augur

It isn't the range..it is the fact the mob didn't have this ability early on and it was changed...unannounced...that is the issue. Go into that mission and find out your getting slapped around on a mob you have killed a number of times before without issue. It is wrong to ninja change a mob / mission in this way...

Just because it is 40 range versus 300 isn't a valid justification to say it isn't a problem. All ninja changes are bad...not just the ones that you avoid because you stand further back from the mob.
  6. Axxius Augur

Oh, I meant only that it's not the same kinda problem as A Successful Mistwielder. I already mentioned in some other thread that Aphomat's AE was working exactly the same way on Beta as it is right now. For some reason it was not working on Live until a couple patches ago. Ok, that's an issue. Somebody fixed some bug without mentioning it in the patch notes. But if it was always working on Live as it was on Beta - you wouldn't have this issue with it, right? You would simply learn to avoid that short range AE and kill it almost as easily. Whereas the AE used by A Successful Mistwielder cannot be avoided even when you know about it.
  7. Gragas Augur

Could you also make The Dark Lady not fear everyone in the entire Plane of Shadow?
  8. CaptAmazing Augur

Agree. I was on the other side of the zone when the healer got feared and took off towards other trash while the rest of us died to the mob we were fighting.

Luckily, he lived and was able to get us rezzed. Pure luck though.
  9. CaptAmazing Augur

In the meantime, could all agree to give people a heads up that we are engaging? And, educate others. I don't think everyone is aware it's effecting people beyond their group.
  10. Falos Augur

Yeah pretty much this. I camped this named for a little while early in the expansion with a friend. Had no idea the fear was hitting such a large range outside of our group.

It was not until a few days after we stopped camping it and that i got hit by the fear of someone else camping it a little ways away that I realized it.
  11. Conjurous_AB Elder

Definetly seems a bad idea these 2 grp mobs, ppl aren't killing em. "A Huge Mistake" was up all day yesterday here on AB and might still be up and "The Undefeated Blade" was up last thursday / friday and is still up now, no one seems to kill em at all.
  12. Ruhtra Lorekeeper

I camped the Dark Lady once for an item and it dropped the first time I killed her. Someone else in the zone had mentioned that they could tell she was being killed but I thought it was just the emote in the middle of the screen, I had no idea that it was causing others to be affected by the fear.
  13. Falos Augur

BTW another issue with these named mobs.

The stats from these items are a bit out of whack:

Huge mistake is a mob that is supposed to be doable with 2 level 100 groups and drops this shield:
    http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=139086
    that shield has 205 AC

Citadel of the Worldslayer is level 85 content that is 1 groupable at level 95 and the first event's hard mode drops this shield:

http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=107063
    That shield has 215 AC

Please tune up group shield AC.. there is no reason group shields should have less AC than level 85 raid shields that drop from mobs that are literally weaker than current group named mobs (this is a long overdue fix / change)
    silku likes this.
  14. angrygnome New Member

So when they designed these special named, were they for 12 players wearing full T2 (or maybe even T3) GROUP gear? As long as I can remember, group encounters of each tier were designed around groups wearing a full set of gear from the previous tier.

Glorig is definitely easymode, but has huge mistake or undeafeated blade actually been beaten by 12 players without ANY assistance from raid gear, especially in the tanking department?

If so, what specific group make-ups were used?
  15. Daegun Augur

The execution of this content was terrible.

The loot these mobs drops is equal to all the other standard tier 3 gear - yet the encounters are tuned such that 12 group geared players don't stand a chance in hell of winning. To make matters worse, a few "only" pieces are stuck behind these bad encounters. As a knight - good luck getting your t3 1handed weapon. It's stuck on a practically impossible encounter. The same goes for pet classes looking to upgrade finally to EM14.

Dear developers, please consider one of the following options:

1. Bring these encounters down to average T3 difficulty and drop the loot number down to average.
    2. Leave the difficulty the same and increase the quality of the drops to match the challenge.
    3. Change neither the difficulty nor the quality of drops but consider alternate ways to get some of these "only" items stuck in these overtuned encounters. I'd love my tier3 knight blade, but as it stands there's no point even bothering trying.
  16. Ishtass Augur

So the loot is just as good as anything else T3, yet it holds items you can't get anywhere else and it's awesome?
  17. Kreugen Lorekeeper

I'm just wondering where all the hard core groupers are that demanded that the group game get tuned up to bleeding edge raid levels. It's pretty funny that raid bosses are falling over dead on the first attempt but group named require every possible piece of gear, max AA and often a specific group makeup to have a chance. They are tuning raids for the middle of the road raid guild or so they say, yet they tune the group game for the hardest of the hard core - but those players aren't the ones camping group named for loot. Heck as near as I can tell, those people gave up long ago.

This stuff is massively overtuned. The requirements for a viable group went full with Underfoot and somehow has continued that way. If a group named or mission needs two healers and CC to beat even with maxed out gear and AA, it's too friggin hard. The typical group/semi-casual/no-time-to-raid does not farm every drop from every prior tier, does not have max AA, does not have a perfect group of 6 real humans covering every possible tank/cc/heal/curing role. And you should not need that for the group experience. Not ever. The game is quite literally killing itself with overtuned, over difficult "casual" content.

The only time group content should be difficult on this level is for flagging missions for raids or other challenges aimed at people seeking raid quality gear. People having to form raids to get group tier level loot is beyond stupid.
  18. Kreugen Lorekeeper

Because for some unlucky classes their group tier upgrade was arbitrarily put on a mini-raid mob.
  19. 1andOnly Journeyman

The biggest issue with these mobs IMO has to be the adds.
    Can't mezz them, can't stun them, they spawn right on top of the named which tends to create an instant tank corpse. Some sort of viable CC option would be nice.

I enjoy seeing these mini raid encounters again, but the RvR on them is poorly implemented.
  20. Falos Augur

Group content is the new end game. It's harder than raids (alaris started this trend).. Raiders will finish all the raid stuff in ROF first then after gearing up in raid gear awhile will go *relatively easily* take out named mobs like the undefeated blade. The 20k hem gap + large ac difference + focus effect difference between groupers and raiders makes a huge difference in dealing with these named mobs. The way EQ is if you can pretty much survive the initial impact of something - you will win - That holds true for this. If you can survive the initial few seconds of the adds spawning on these named mobs - you will win- if you cant you'll lose. Raid gear boost stats noticably to the point that surving the initial pop of adds at each point in the fight is only a mild inconvenience... where as if someone tries to do it in group gear they need pretty much every trick they have to survive those first for seconds to get it under control... and even if they do survive they have to do it all again several more times in the fight lol.