Campfire in Plane of Shadow

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by CaptAmazing, Apr 20, 2013.

1. Ezlano Journeyman

No, that would make me an idiot, now wouldn't it? The outcry for everything to be readily available without or the smallest amount of effort offends me, named are laughable, and raids basically are as well.

There are multiple ways to the top, one in particular doesn't require much more than switching invisibility type for a majority of the trip then killing roughly 15, depending on the group's/player's abilities, mobs between the first Akhevan and the door, but I guess that is too much to ask of EQ players nowadays.
  2. Tobynn Augur

So you're suggesting that a 6th player attempting to join the other 5 members of an established group just solo those 15 mobs in the path? Oh, well, that makes perfect sense now.
  3. Ezlano Journeyman

Thanks, I needed a laugh this morning. I guess folks have gotten used to the easy life and cannot be troubled to kill a little to pick up a replacement. Seriously, is it too much to ask to have places that aren't the norm invis and be permasafe zones, sheesh.
  4. CaptAmazing Augur

What does it matter to you? Don't use the campfire to get around. Simple as that. How does letting others use it effect you in anyway. You clearly have disdain for these players and want nothing to do with them. So why care how they get some replacements to the camps? They'll still 3 people to make the trek no matter what.
    Braveheart and Tegila like this.
  5. Leerah Augur

Re. the see invis mixed with see IVU, have you all forgotten about how hard it was to get through upper House? Or Chardok- with undead standing next to regular mobs? Not saying it's right. I am never in favor of lanes of travel being impeded. Just reminding the new players that this is a recurring tradition! :-D
  6. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

This offends me now can I have your stuff?

Just an FYI but the grouping game is intented to be much more inclusive then the raiding game. So the group game is tuned at an average level of difficulty suited to the average player. It would neither be financially prudent nor would it be good for Everquest as a whole if the group game was made too exclusive. I have grouped content others have problems with but at least they get it done. Ratchet up the difficulty level so only a few get through the content goes unused by the majority of players. That might be cool for someone who wants to boast about how they do the content others cant but then the game goes down the drain and no one gets to play.

Everquest has a player populaton that has matured and has a lot of draws on their time other then Everquest. Since EQ hasnt been drawing in tons of new players they need to create content that is going to be of interest to the existing player base. Most of us have lives outside of the game and the game has had to lose a lot of the time synchs it previously had because of it. Having campfires cuts out the time synch of running around somewhat. Not only is it needed, it needs to be improved upon.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

They changed Upper House because it was such a stupid idea how it was done.

What I really miss are the sweepers, for example Discordling War Fiend and Shadow Hunter in Walls of Slaughter avoidable if you pay attention but a killer if you weren't. Something like that is far less annoying than random see invis mobs, but you have to still pay attention.

The 3 new mobs added to Chelseth would have made perfect sweepers if done properly.
    Elricvonclief and Leerah like this.
  8. Chandrok Augur

Yes, bind should also work.
  9. Braveheart Augur

Perhaps he never gets invited to join those groups?
    CaptAmazing likes this.
  10. Gumlakx Augur

Thanks for the info on Fellowship campfires and Bind Affinity, Chandrok. I just skipped over the other posts.
  11. Iila Augur

Thanks.