Update Bugs 04/17/13

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by JChan, Apr 16, 2013.

1. Pyemia Elder

Quest: A Feat of Drunken Strength
    Quest Giver: Gimthra
    Quest Zone: Evantil, the Vile Oak

The first couple of steps are to kill Treants to get wood and Saps to get rusty metal. These aren't drops, they are automatically updated to one's inventory when a Treant or Sap is killed. This is confirmed by looking at the quest as it updates.

Unfortunately, the character never actually receives these items and can't go on to the next step: Give the materials to Gimthra

After the quest failed the first time, I killed my current quest, zoned, zoned back, an got the quest anew. Same problem.
  2. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

If I understand correctly, this isn't exactly a bug. It is poor design in the language in the quest steps.

According to EQResource, http://rof.eqresource.com/afeatofdrunkenstrength.php , you don't actually need to give Gimthra the items. Once you have the 5/5 and 3/3 of each item, go to Gimthra and say, "a pet snake". This will update the quest.

The quest should not say to give the items to Gimthra, since you can't.

I've done the quest, so I know that saying "a pet snake" to her will update it. No handing in of items is needed in this quest.

The same is true for a later step when it tells you to give her a snake and flower. Again, you don't hand in anything. You just hail her at that point.

Someone at SOE might want to change the wording in the quest to make it more clear that you actually never have to hand in anything during this quest.
  3. Whoda(x) New Member

The Quest reward for the beastlord Lesser Dreadmote quest is bugged.

Two new spells show up upon request: Withering Bite rk. ii, and Huaene's Melioration rk. ii

However! Withering Bite rk ii. is one option for a reward, while Huaene's Melioration rk. ii shows on the left hand side of reward window as coming with Clamor of Claws rk. ii (i'm guessing it was supposed to go with the other new spell). Even if it was meant to be with Clamor of Claws rk. ii, it does not show up as a reward on the right hand side of reward window (this option offers the following:). I then bought a lesser dreadmote to test out if i could actually get it. As was to be expected, i just got the tome, which i already had lol. Anyhow, not sure what Huaene's Melioration rk. ii does but it is unobtainable at least by using dreadmotes. Have not tested with Terrormotes.

Also because i'm new to the forums and haven't found a thread anywhere else about it yet, heres some feedback, which i know you don't want here and i apologize for the location of.

only two zones: thats ok they are big.
    although so many si mobs is a pita...
    mob difficulty: why so weak? some of the named i have encountered are cool enough but the mobs themselves are really weak when you think about how long RoF has been out. most of the players who would venture into the current T3 zones would have most of the T2 gear. T1 gear is enough to wreck these mobs, its sad, its not challenging. (other than the si makeig getting to the camps a pita, which can be a challenge)
    aa and spells: i've heard complaints but i was very pleased with the bst aa, and the spells weren't all bad either.
    Gear: why does it suck? A new t3 breastplate (group) which i had to clear to in order to farm because of all the si (didn't want to be an hat and train all the people on the way up) gives me a whopping 3ac, a couple (literally) hero stats, and less than a hundred hp/mana/end (plus a small amount of other stats that have been capped for god knows how long anyway)
    Achievements: other than progression itself, and the exp for my capped exp bar, doing the new quests and missions give no additional achievements.... although as far as i have seen the collection quests are up and running good.

SOE, Devs,
    I love you guys for giving me EverQuest, and for all of the good things you have done over the years. But with this new release.... come on... your busting my ballz...

Thank you for your time,
    Whoda(x)
  4. Meteora Elder

In regards to the recent piercing split, i just thought about the Rogue Bp clicks

Living Blade Attunement Detail | History | Stacking | Raw Data

Slot Description
    4:Increase Damage Bonus by 720 with 1H Slashing
    5:Increase Damage Bonus by 720 with Backstab
    6:Increase Damage Bonus by 720 with Piercing
    7:Increase Damage Bonus by 720 with 1H Blunt
    8:Increase Damage Bonus by 1296 with Unknown #77

Slot Description
    1 Piercing Attack for 401 with 10000% Accuracy Mod
    2 Piercing Attack for 401 with 10000% Accuracy Mod
    3 Piercing Attack for 401 with 10000% Accuracy Mod
    4 Piercing Attack for 401 with 10000% Accuracy Mod

With the recent piercing change will our bp clicky effect have to be changed to 1h Piercing, vs the displayed "Piercing" so that it effects us? just thought about this.

Also the Rogue disc, Gullible Mark Rk. III, and the mark effect line in general. as well as our Pinpoint line. They all say "Piercing". Is that generalizing 1h and 2h piercing? or does that spell data have to be changed now too
  5. Hekaton Augur

rune of fear charm and stone of the landing don't upgrade
    when doing chelsith or shadows...unless this is intended...but both say they work in all ROF zones
  6. Meteora Elder

Ignore that, apparently Lucy is terrible at updating spell data. Raidloot ftw!
  7. Beimeith Lord of the Game

I've tried. I sent them a list of over 50 corrections last year and most of them haven't been done yet. That wasn't even my full list, I stopped at 50 just to let them catch up. :/
  8. BoomWalker Augur

This seems to happen in a number of the new quests...Have No Fear for example as well. Seems while loops are killing the devs....please fix them.
  9. snowpurr New Member

not new in this patch, I've sent multiple bug reports, my issue is the visible armor drops from the ToV revamp, not the ones you use the box to make, but the other ones, they don't allow you to put an armor augmentation into them at all. So I can't use my Hero's forge armor ornamentations because it looks stupid to have some and not all. Can this get fixed? The pieces i have are Bracelet of the Deep Sea, Ancient Wurm Hide Greaves and Boots of the Dread Dream for examples. Thanks.
  10. smash Augur

The Dark Lady seems to have a long range of her spells.

Was at the entrance to the house of AHR. And there I got emote of The Dark Lady has turned her gaze away from you.
    A bit after still at same spot, I got the Gaze of shadows upon me.

Might wanna reduce that?
  11. Stubar Augur

You may want to look and see what type they are. The Bst/Druid/monk pants actually have a chain tag, so you have to put chain hero's forge in em.
  12. Dalsina Lunrais

The New Bard AA "Silent Displacement" Is doing DMG, the AA`s purpose is to not do DMG.
  13. CaptAmazing Augur

Yeah I was on the other end of the house and got that as well. Very large range.
  14. Conjurous_AB Elder

"A Successful Mistwalker" named in Chelsith has a nasty AE DoT for 39k after dot shielding and it goes thru walls it seems and range on it is 300, it can get u when u are quite far away and not even fighting it.

Also, seems theres alot of missing mobs in chelsith, i went to test to look and could confirm all PHs for "Glorig the Underog" named which are "a defeated gladiator" are not on live servers but are on test. Others that were missing were all mobs called "a mistake" which are PH for "A Huge Mistake" named and the "a worthy contender" which triggers event in the arena ending with "The Undefeated Blade" isn't there either. Might be more missing but those were only ones i knew of. Not sure if zone needs a reset or what to fix this.
  15. Behelit Augur

Berserker AA Juggernaut Surge is blocking Glyph of the Cataclysm, it consumes the glyph but not the recast on the glyph so you just waste 5 aa's if you hit glyph while Juggernaut Surge is on. Conversely if Glyph of the Cataclysm is running first it will block Juggernaut Surge from being used. There was never a conflict with these two before, and even more confusing is that they both block each other despite having different values for crit dmg.
  16. Tegila Augur

not sure if this has been mentioned but since this patch OFFICERS in our guild have been unable to take druid mgb anchor ports unless in the group with the druid. not sure if same with wizard. It lands fine on non-officers , and it lands if the officer is in the group with the druid, but not otherwise. it gives the message soandso tries to cast a spell on you but you are protected. this has been confirmed as not a single toon's bug, but numerous and all are officers, but once we move the druid to their group they can receive the port. regular members and senior members get the port just fine in or out of group, it lands on non-guilded persons fine as well
  17. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Druid spell Teleport Guild Hall Anchor seems to be not working correctly on the top of Gyrospire Zeka. I need more testing to see how it works in other places.

When I cast it on someone they got the "Fanra is trying to cast a spell on you but you are protected" message.

Same in Neighborhood Guild Hall. So it is either all zones or several zones, not just Gyrospire Zeka.

It landed on one person but not others. Not sure what is going on with it.

In our raid instanced zone, it only landed on my group.
  18. Endaar Augur

EW task "Indoctrination:" quest steps call for looting a Rabbit's Foot off of Snow Bunnies and a Wooly Rhino Horn from Wooly Rhinos. I didn't see any rabbits' feet drop; that line of the task was updated by looting a Poison Coated Fang. I did see a Wooly Rhino Horn drop, but it did not update the task. Instead a Fragment of Stone triggered the update.

Endaar
  19. Deveryn Elder

In Chapterhouse of the Fallen, the Burning Dead Robes illusion is not working. Necros are still threatening.
  20. dwish Augur

The new Beastlord slow AA Sha's Reprisal is currently locking out Bloodlust when it's used. They are sharing the same timer, meaning Bloodlust gets put on full cooldown every time the AA slow is used.