Stats not reaching cap

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Gladare, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Gladare Augur

I was looking at my stats today and noticed my stamina was way below my strength, agility and dexterity. I look at my heroics to see if something was off there. Nope, stamina is 241 and the rest are between 275-290. Then I noticed my regular stamina is the culprit. It's 50-75 below the cap (depending on weapon set up), and I haven't even maxed Phantasmic Prowess yet. Is there a reason I'm fully VoA t2-4 raid geared and can't even max my stats? Also on that note, my resists are capped at 825, higher than my base stats, and are generally 50% to 100% over the cap.
  2. Xnao Augur

What type of powersource do you use?
  3. Trajet D'Or Augur

Taadieri likes this.
  4. Mykaylla Augur

Hi Gladare,

So looking at your magelo (I'm presuming you're the Gladare on Rathe- halfling, /sigh), your stamina is ten off cap- you're probably seeing more variation because you're using the glowing bronze key, and sometimes looking when there aren't enough people in zone to max it (I used it too until I bought a couple of replacements with currency). It looks like the biggest culprits in your low stamina are your T2 belt, and your T2 an T3 earrings. The templates for T2 stuff in particular are a bit... odd, I think because they were designed to be catch-all items, maybe? I know there were some things I did not want to upgrade from Sanctum until T4, because the heroics and mods were such a significant drop.

Another thing that might be throwing you off new shaman stamina buff, Spirit of Dauntlessness, is:
    1: Increase STA by 223
    2: Increase Endurance Pool by 1342
    12: Increase Sta Cap by 223

This is the first time the increase to stamina and stamina cap is the same. The stamina increase was ALWAYS higher than the cap increase, before.
    Last expansion's Spirit of Resolve Rk. III:
    1: Increase STA by 192
    2: Increase Endurance Pool by 1106
    12: Increase Sta Cap by 128

More than enough to catch you up to cap there.
    WarSheol likes this.
  5. Gladare Augur

I'm using a metal power source so no negative stamina there. At the time, my charm was maxed so it wasn't causing my stamina to be that far below the cap. Even at max stats, the glowing bronze key only has 25 base stamina. Though the buff information is useful, I shouldn't have to rely on a buff to reach base stat caps while wearing top end raid gear = more t3/4 than t2. I can't recall having this problem in the past. It's an itemization issue. I'm missing hundreds of hit points because of the lackadaisical way the stats are put on gear. I choose my raid gear by heroics, not base stats. That's the way the game is now. This shouldn't even be an issue.

Also, I originally was a human ranger, but I rolled a halfling as soon as they became available. Everyone else just copied me.
  6. Gladare Augur

I just re-updated my magelo. The one you viewed wasn't correct. For whatever reason, the first time I synced once I hit 100 threw my stats off. When I'm using my dps set up, stamina is 37 below cap. When I use my agro bandolier, my stamina is 61 below cap. That's with my glowing bronze key at 22/25 stamina. Once I max Phantasmic Prowess, those numbers will be 62 and 86 below cap.
  7. Taadieri Journeyman

That is your problem. Smurf rangers are inherently evil and have a hidden stat penalty.

On a more serious note, I think Trajet has it right. With stat caps continuing to increase by 10 per level (half automatic, half from AA), it takes higher and higher stats per item to keep up. It is not necessarily a bad thing if SOE has decided that players should have to consider base stats again, as well as heroics and mods, in their gear choices.
  8. WarSheol Augur

it sounds like saves are exactly what they should be at level 100 assuming you have most the AAs and all 825 is the magic number for those. :cool:
  9. Gladare Augur

I was pointing out the inconsistency in which stats are applied to gear. We have strength, stamina, agility etc which are no longer or just barely reaching the new caps. This is because gear is randomly assigned numerical values for its attributes. Then, we have resists which go above and beyond the caps by the hundreds. All those over the cap resists do us no good so why resists and not base stats? Because it was done randomly.
  10. Izcurly Augur

Just because you don't understand it doesn't mean it was random. I'll agree that base resists are more overcap than base stats, but that does come in handy when you have large resist debuffs during some events.

I suspect your stat issue would go away if you switched to an Elemental orb. Ya, you lose some displayed AC, but you gain HP and stats across the board. Which in the case of sta means even more HP. Yes, <insert random argument about value of overcap AC vs HP>, but Everquest is about choices sometimes. That's actually a good thing, IMO.
  11. Gladare Augur

Ah, so it was intentional that I have 100+ less than stamina than strength, agility, dexterity when the majority of my non-visibles say warrior on them. Gotcha, I'll drop this now.
  12. Gladare Augur

Just wanted to bring it to light for future gear. Hopefully I'll get lucky and the next gear upgrades I choose for heroics have higher base stats. Kind of like rolling the dice.
  13. Endiment Scale Tailed

Does it really matter that they aren't reaching the new caps? As long as new gear is an upgrade to the old, then you're still gaining more benefit than before.
  14. Gladare Augur

Eureka! Let's just remove stamina altogether as long as the hp's are good. While we're at it, get rid of heal amount and spell damage because the foci just get upgraded anyway. Who needs backstab, kick, flying kick mods when cleave keeps getting upgraded? Let's take away that superfluous avoidance mod too. Armor already has agility on it.
  15. Tuldan Lorekeeper

Yes it does matter. Heroics only get applied if you reach the cap. Atleast that was the way it was designed. Im on my phone right now and not at the comp so i cant re verify. Ive been over cap so long i havnt had to worry about it.