Update Bugs 11/30/12

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by Elegist, Nov 30, 2012.

1. Liliana Augur

Collections are not giving the stated 20% level experience, only receiving 2%
    Sonavaa_Bertox likes this.
  2. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Either latest (stealth? LoN?) patch has fixed this or it just worked this time as I just tried it and game exited once I entered Offline Mode. Will have to see in the future.
  3. Sarayu Journeyman

I actually don't see any nominal experience listed on collections, only that they give experience, where are you seeing 20%?
  4. Liliana Augur

Hot fix doesn't mention anything about the quest Shard Experiences or any of the other classes missing spells. Seriously couldn't fix the missing drops for the ONE quest you guys promoted lol
  5. Liliana Augur

In the announcements section there's a post about collections and slayer achieves, it says there they give 20% level experience
  6. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Also got this in Evantil, the Vile Oak:

[Tue Dec 04 20:28:15 2012] living sap explodes into a shower of sticky sap. You wipe your armor and grab the piece of scrap metal that was suspended inside the liquid.
    [Tue Dec 04 20:28:15 2012] living sap explodes into a shower of sticky sap. You wipe your armor and grab the piece of scrap metal that was suspended inside the liquid.
  7. Conjurous_AB Elder

During Mercenary task Cleanse the Land in Grelleth at the end u fight an elemental, its supposed to appear as a water elemental but appears as a huge human.
  8. Conjurous_AB Elder

Also the dragon eggs in Breeding Grounds can be opened with mage scout eye spelll or AA, probably monk one too. It seems a easy way to pop a named without getting aggro.
  9. Uxtalzon Augur

*Cracks knuckles*

Silnik (sp?) in RoF Eastern Wastes gives a task that can only give credit to single players, not a group - and only to the player who gets aggro first.

Snow bunnies (same zone) spawn too slowly and/or share too many spawns with other mobs. Non-trackers would literally abandon the task "A Feast Fit for a Coldain" because those who can track are taking them all. Same for fear shardlings, too much competition for such a low spawn rate, and lousy quest droprate at that.

Loading spell sets fails to load spells, but erases the last set. This isn't anything new (and annoyingly, not fixed), but it's gotten worse in my opinion. Maybe one in three chance it just fails to load my spells.

(pet peeve) Nice slayer goals, but not every class has AE spells. A bard can go afk in a newbie zone and get 6 achievements, and I have to stand there plinking off my spells and arrows. Son, I am disappoint.
  10. savrin Augur

I have no idea if this is a new bug or something that has been happening since launch. Offline trading exits EQ less than gracefully. It is comparable to going linkdead. Half of the time I have to use the task manager to get out of the game. This should not have gone live. A shame that one of the big things that was an expansion feature you all did not get it right. We should not need to use the task manager to get out the game when we use offline trading.

Why you guys chose the linkdead screen where you cannot even use the windows key to get out of the game is beyond me.
  11. Vouivre Augur

I noticed on Monday that the corpse summoning item in the Guild Lobby for up to level 95 was completely missing. They had the one for up to 90 and the one for up to 100.
  12. Danladil Elder

Completed group mission Calling Phantasm, task auto updated at end to Collect spoils of murder but we could not open chest. We were able to target chest right click on and it says spoils of murder but can't cast, hit, bash /open on it. Waste. Task was completed and XP was awarded but losing out on "spoils" kinda spoiled the mission for my group.
  13. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

This will be fixed, although not known if the fix will make the next patch (assumed to be Dec. 12). I suggest you petition for the spoils.
  14. Blacksun Elder

I noticed something similar on CT. When you enter the Guild Lobby and go to the left summoning area, the vendor with the summoning agents right to the left does not have stones for up to level 90, just 85, 95 and 100. There are other level ranges missing (e.g., no level 55, but level 60) so I thought it may be by design.
  15. Marbles Elder

If someone sells an item to a vendor and the vendor already has a supply of this item, it resets the max stack size to the amount of the item sold.

IE: I sell one silver tip arrow back to the fletching merchant, it now reads 1 in the amount available and i can only buy 1 at a time. I can still buy the unlimited quantity but now only 1 at a time. the tailoring vendors on Povar are almost unusable as i need to click 75 templates, 75 fibers as they all now have max stack < default
  16. Brosa Augur

When will Alaran Flesh be put in game? Hard to do a task when the items arn't in the game yet
  17. Kirkisx Tunare's Chosen Paladin

alot of range items in t1 and t2 missing placeable tag
  18. Diptera Augur

This might be server-specific - I have used the "up to 95" summoning stones twice this week on AB, both times from the left/west vendor.
  19. Daktarr Lorekeeper

The graphics are set to stretch to fit the window. If you grab the vertical bar at the top and pull it to the left, the icons will look normal instead of a blur in the first column,:)
  20. Ngreth Thergn Developer

This will be caped at 200 (before mods that get to to 250 or 252) with the patch scheduled for 12/12/12