Why don't warriors get knight 1handers?

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Mrjon3s, Oct 15, 2012.

1. Makavien Augur

Lol we don't need knight 1 handers we do however need our edge back in the form of 2 hand dps and mitigation in the form of dodge and parry while duel wielding. Warriors have always been well above knights in terms of dps and it should of remained that way. Dps determines how fast our group gets exp or how long a raid encounter lasts and every little bit helps even if it isn't the focus of our class.

Why wouldn't a guild at least look at a tanks dps when raids are comprised of 1/3 tanks. Our big problems right now are the lose of swing hate over an extended time frame. Its pretty crappy when pets can take aggro from us almost right after undivided attention fades.

Another big problem is we take it extremely hard when dealing with bosses that use heavy spell damage on us which also used to be one of our strong points (higher innate MR remember?)

But, I personally am tired of trying to get things fixed the best way to get any changes made are to send devs pms , send the same feedbacks daily posting on this waste of space forum doesn't get you anywhere trust me . The aggro meter got recognized here but I also sent pms and feedbacks everyday for 3 years before it was actually put into place along with improvements that could make our class better.

You will most likely get the same answers I got on class improvements for 2 years now all ideas to fix our swing hate , our mitigation,or our dps have been answered with stuff like No way on dps increases , No code to support your ideas and I have asked for it but have not received the code I need to make what you are asking for possible.

Finalstand 95 Warrior -Fire and Fury -FV
  2. Thetank New Member

I always love how the knights think any adjustment to a warrior will make them so far behind. Then watching an SK swarm kill a hundred mobs solo that would kill a warrior after furious and flash of anger drop in 1 second. There are real imbalances in this game, and they will never be fixed.
  3. Damann New Member

Warriors as a whole have always been hard to play in group or raid it didn't really matter. For groups we have to have every hate clicky we can get our hands on in order to keep aggro in a fast paced group. Splitting our agro counters into a few different pulls and sooner or later slipping up going well crap cd's are down. Having every bp since the beginning of time for different effects. Having good weps or your screwed. The ac augs or hp back in the day and armor to support that side then the aa's to make the class viable. This is nothing new to any old warrior who is kicking around.

Your saying we need more dps and I would tend to agree to a extent but that's not the issue here. This thread is being brought up because people are looking at sk's swarming zerkers decapping rogs assassinating and rangers headshotting. In reality if you look at it necros are quad kitting easily and every class is doing what it always has been. With HOT they just enhanced upon everyones abilities and threw everyone over the top. Even clerics are going out and swarming now via shining armor and virals.

As to the do we need more dps. A decent war can do 8 - 10k dps its enough for us to hold agro off a raid np with support of all the rest of our junk that we have gained over the years. I doubt that a war will ever be considered a solo class which is what yall are most likely trying for. With the help of mercs this has somewhat become a possibility but its not really solo. A war does need to get re balanced but some have said they need to increase the second hand damage which reflects on the primary. I would look at this as a good avenue but do it in proportion. Make 2 1hs weps more dps and slightly less defence then s&b like it has always been make both viable for tanking and throw a 2h wep in there for really high dps or just make it so while wielding a 2h wep with a mob under x lvl reflected upon by aa's you can bash the dude skull in... dealing 500k damage... yay we have decap now.. As far as resists and such that people had thrown in there give us back our innate resists they're already over 800.. whats another 25 gona do lol.

If you really want to complain about something put it in perspective first. we've always gotten screwed the difference is now no one actually needs us and yall aren't liking the view...
  4. Waxn New Member

Personally, what I would like to see, is getting back to the separation of armor for classes in general(Excluding AAs bonuses). Example:

Ostentatious Archon Breastplate (Warrior)
    Slot: CHEST
    Charges: Unlimited
    Purity: 75
    AC: 356
    Skill Add DMG: Kick +13
    STR: +36+11 DEX: +45+17 STA: +15+10 CHA: +20+13 WIS: +15+7 INT: +20+9 AGI: +25+12 HP: +2830 ENDUR: +2670
    SV FIRE: +35 SV DISEASE: +46 SV COLD: +73 SV MAGIC: +91 SV POISON: +58
    Combat Effects: +5 Shielding: +5% Spell Shield: +3% Avoidance: +14 Accuracy: +6 Stun Resist: +5% Strikethrough: +3% DoT Shielding: +3% Attack: +65 HP Regen +3 Damage Shield: +4 Damage Shield Mitigation: +3
    Required level of 95.

Ostentatious Soulrender Breastplate (Shadow Knight)
    Purity: 75
    AC: 356
    STR: +25+10 DEX: +45+16 STA: +31+13 CHA: +26+15 WIS: +10+8 INT: +35+11 AGI: +30+16 HP: +2810 MANA: +2665 ENDUR: +2675
    SV FIRE: +80 SV DISEASE: +64 SV COLD: +57 SV MAGIC: +72 SV POISON: +33
    Combat Effects: +6 Shielding: +2% Spell Shield: +3% Avoidance: +17 Accuracy: +4 Stun Resist: +3% Strikethrough: +6% DoT Shielding: +4% Attack: +15 HP Regen +7 Mana Regeneration: +3 Damage Shield: +6 Clairvoyance: +21 Spell Damage: +25 Damage Shield Mitigation: +3 Heal Amount: +13
    Required level of 95.

These stats are so simular today unlike years ago. I would like to see more "class specific" come back instead of cookie cutter amror. Exmple: (Velious Era)
    Warlord's Breastplate
    MAGIC ITEM NO TRADE
    AC: 59
    STR: +16 DEX: +7 STA: +10 AGI: +7 HP: +90 ENDUR: +40
    SV COLD: +10 SV MAGIC: +6

Malevolent Breastplate
    MAGIC ITEM NO TRADE
    AC: 54
    STR: +15 DEX: +7 STA: +7 INT: +7 AGI: +7 HP: +40 MANA: +60
    SV COLD: +3 SV MAGIC: +8

Back when armor was more catered for your class instead of lets just give everyone the same and adjust heoric stats and small bonus differences. There is no reason why a warrior shouldn't have class armor that is 15-20% more HP than an SK from gear alone(not including AA). Same thing for Casters, They should far and away get more pure mana than an SK/Paly too.

I sure wouldn't complain about my DPS if my HP was back to being 15%+ more than secondary tank classes.
  5. Luft Elder

I sure wouldn't complain about my DPS if my HP was back to being 15%+ more than secondary tank classes.
    ^
    That made me lol.
    Last time I checked the primary function of my class was to tank, not the secondary.
  6. Damann New Member

agree with luft. iv'e been in guilds who have a sk as a primary tank. second it would be nice to have that hp % back but in reality its just about useless. mobs have been hitting so hard for so long now that a 90ish k hp tank getting another 15% is around 15k hp for new mobs thats 1 hit for older mobs 3 expans old thats 3 - 5 hits roughly. its not much to work with so what would that really do for us
  7. shiftie Augur

You know you are doing it wrong when you ask for HP instead of AC or heroic mitigation. Sure give wars 15% more HP and knights can have 15% more AC!
  8. Dre. Altoholic

Considering it's spell damage that usually kills me, that's a tempting trade.