EverQuest: Rain of Fear launches Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Piestro, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Piestro Augur

[IMG]
    All EverQuest Live Servers will be down on Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 12:01 a.m. US Pacific* for the EverQuest: Rain of Fear Game Update. The servers are estimated to be unavailable for approximately 10 hours. Keep an eye on the EverQuest website and the forums for status updates and for news if additional downtime is needed.

While we’re down tomorrow don’t forget to keep an eye on the Official EverQuest Forums, Facebook, and Twitter pages to get up to the minute news and behind the scenes looks at what it’s like to be here at SOE on launch day!

[IMG]

With the expansion set to launch tomorrow, Pre-Orders for EverQuest: Rain of Fear are coming to an end today (Tuesday, November 27, 2012) at 11:59 p.m. US Pacific* . Don’t miss this opportunity to save big on the Digital Collector’s Edition, and obtain Pre-Order items like the Harbinger’s Staff (which lets you teleport to City of Bronze every 72 minutes)!

As an extra bonus, everyone who purchases EverQuest: Rain of Fear will receive 10 Expedited Delivery Vouchers (usable with our new Autonomous Brokering System), and those who purchase the Collector’s Edition will receive an additional 10 Expedited Delivery Vouchers (for a total of 20 vouchers).

We can’t wait to see you in EverQuest: Rain of Fear!

*Convert to your local time
  2. Mesc Old Soul

This has to be the First Time in EQ History that where the Port Clicky takes you to is a previous expansion. Stupid. Should port you to the expansion you buy.
  3. Geroblue Augur

It hasn't gone live until Wednesday of this week.
  4. Liliana Augur

It takes you right to the zone line/tunnel to Shards Landing in CoB. Its pretty convenient. Once you zone through the tunnel right there, its less than 30 seconds to the main quest area. If you pre-ordered you can already claim the 2 preorder items on test to check them out.
  5. Mesc Old Soul

So if it is so close to the zone in why would you make people have to zone twice?
    And it is not as convenient as porting to the actual zone in the actual expansion you are buying...
  6. Ponlou_EM New Member

still deciding if its worth or a waste of 40 $
  7. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

If you are mad about this you must have been furious last expansion when the port clicky took you to an original release zone where you had to wait for a flying boat.
    Mintalie and Pirlo like this.
  8. Taadieri Journeyman

Not to mention needing to do hours upon hours of pre-quests to get the steamfont port clickie for a single toon.

Versus get Harbinger's Staff for every character on your account just for pre-ordering RoF.
  9. ITPalg New Member

Will the CE be available for a while after launch?
    I need to wait for for at least the first week next month for payday.
  10. Tarrin Augur

The VoA CE was still available last I checked a couple of days ago. I am sure RoF CE will be available to purchase for a while. Granted, it may no longer be at the preorder price of 60 dollars.
  11. Mesc Old Soul

Mesc said:
    “This has to be the First Time in EQ History that where the Port Clicky takes you to is a previous expansion. Stupid. Should port you to the expansion you buy.”

Tarvas Said:

If you are mad about this you must have been furious last expansion when the port clicky took you to an original release zone where you had to wait for a flying boat.

Mad? Who said i was Mad? I said it is Stupid. It is pretty sad that you have the Quote Right In Front of You And you still cannot get it right. Reading comprehension for the win....
  12. ITPalg New Member

Well I have all access so it was $45. I canceled it an hour ago. The cancel button was still available for me.

It took me a couple minutes to click the Yes button...I really need cash right now.

On top of getting a new video card, monitor, and being a Greed Monger backer, I have to pay rent and wait for my next check on the 5th.
  13. Mesc Old Soul

And how often do people take the boat? I forgot about the boat actually. Probably because it is never used.
  14. doktartp Augur

Second time, if you bothered to read as well.

That said, how many expansion have porty clickies ? TSS and UF ?

I know people who will prolly use it to move their bind to some place new but retain easy kiting at 95.
  15. Dre. Altoholic

"Order Rain of Fear" button after login to EQ client and it takes me to this page:
    https://account.station.sony.com/authenticated/commerce/selectAllAccessPackages!input.action
    No links on this page to purchase RoF.

Go to EverQuest.com, click on first article about RoF:
    http://www.everquest.com/news/article?month=112012&id=524415
    No links to purchase RoF.

Click 'Shop' and 'Expansions' dropdown on this page:
    http://www.everquest.com/shop
    I see Veil of Alaris but no RoF.

Go to 'Game info - Expansions' menu on EverQuest.com, get this page:
    http://www.everquest.com/expansions
    Choose 'RoF' from drop-down and I get a list of expansion features but there are no clickable links to buy RoF.

You guys want people to buy this expansion, right?
  16. clark53 Journeyman

I don't believe you can order it now until it is officially launched. They stopped pre-orders at midnite.
  17. Matthew New Member

If you open up the game client at the server logins it has the options to order Rain of Fear. It will say you own x amount of expansions out of 19, the order button is to the left.
  18. Sarayu Journeyman

If you missed the port clicky, it's not really a huge deal...

• How to get to Rain of Fear zones:
      • Via the passage in the far northeastern corner of Erillion, the City of Bronze (to Shard's Landing)
      • Via the Guild Hall portal (to Shard's Landing)
      • Via Druid/Wizard ports (to Shard's Landing)
      • Via the various portals found in older content (see the next section)

Port to CoB is actually more convenient, because most of the time you'll probably be using it to get to CoB and other VoA zones instead of going to RoF zones. Shard's Landing from the GH makes the port clicky only a minute advantage.
  19. Dre. Altoholic

That takes you to the first link on my post, which didn't have Reign of Fear at the time I posted. It does now however.

The other links still don't have options to purchase RoF.