EverQuest: Rain of Fear NDA is now lifted!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Piestro, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Piestro Augur

Hey folks,

Just to let you all know the EverQuest: Rain of Fear Beta NDA is no longer in effect. You are now free to discuss all details of the expansion.

Thanks,
    Cakvala likes this.
  2. Lighteningrod Augur

22 minutes and no rant or rave threads yet? Inquiring minds want to know.
  3. Jyve Augur

I like it.
  4. Derd Augur

i do too
  5. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Lies!

I'm disappointed about the Alaran being easy to max, mudflation, and obvious lack of new spells/AAs. Wish you guys had more resources. But other than that looking forward to playing through it. Some of the zones look good and the Baz system $$.
  6. Derd Augur

Well for those that had alts, including mine that i never bothered getting alaran to t4 gear making level.. Yay. The thought of asking people a year later to go back and do a line of progression in last years expansion just so i can equip some rot drops i've picked up was just yuck. And i still dont know what people mean by new spells..some of us get spells that go boom, some get spells that heal and they upped the dmg and healing. And they say there will be new spells and aa's coming in the futureish. And from what i could tell there is plenty of new places to go play. Oddly enough you can still go into voa zones and find them empty or one or two groups and they spent tons of artist time making places like resp temple and windsong which are pretty awesome to look at. Yet you can go into feerot and find no mobs alive :p
  7. Goranothos Augur

What's this about Alaran being easy to max?
  8. Riou EQResource

The like 2nd task in Rain of Fear will get you to 100 Alaran in like 5 minutes or less
    Mintalie likes this.
  9. Mintalie Augur

OH THANK GOD. Hurts a bunch those of us who came out of retirement recently only to be faced with the daunting Alaran requirements. This is +++++! <3
  10. hawkeye376 New Member

I can't seem to find the projected date the expansion goes live. Is it still not set? Inquiring minds are dying to know!
  11. Smoothie New Member

The NDA was broken a long time ago by folks that have no integrity. And posts that were not locked on these forums that blatantly broke the NDA were left open. SOE should ban folks that broke the NDA from future Beta testing.

Everything that has been said in previous posts from folks that have broken the NDA is accurate. The new expansion is disappointing. Yes, there are some good things. But when you look at the entire picture, SOE did a poor job with this expansion. Sad.
  12. Riou EQResource

November 28
  13. Smallpox Augur

(Re-posting this from another thread) My Wife and I are not pre-ordering. There just is not the "oooo gotta get it" with this expansion. I feel that there was more than enough time over the past year to get this expansion out, and the excuse that they "ran out of time" is simply inexcusable. As for the promise that they will add more AA's/Spells after the expansion goes live, well, you all just start holding your breath (I look forward to picking your cold corpse's pockets very soon).

The new Aggro window is pretty cool, as is the offline trading, but as for the rest of this expansion it is substantially weak and hastily thrown together. The zones are unimaginative and the re-use of multiple 10 year old Velious zones while just upping mob levels was sheer laziness.

Just my two cents on the subject.
  14. Vouivre Augur

It's pretty vanilla which is why I don't think there are a lot of rants or raves really.
  15. Cloudia Augur

[quote="Smallpox, post: 23259, member: 2646
    The new Aggro window is pretty cool, as is the offline trading, but as for the rest of this expansion it is substantially weak and hastily thrown together. The zones are unimaginative and the re-use of multiple 10 year old Velious zones while just upping mob levels was sheer laziness.

Just my two cents on the subject.[/quote]

The zones aren't all rehashes, and from what I saw/read in forums if anything they went a bit overboard tuning zone names in a lot of cases giving raid type mechanics and effects to them.
    There are new places to go and leave corpses, and lots of mobs to help[ you do that thing.
    Do hail the NPCs in the camp in shards, some of them have some funny stuff to say.
  16. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

There was nothing daunting about the Alaran requirement for VoA. Casuals could get to 71 with minimal effort. Unlocking T4 gear only required going through T3 which wasn't that hard either. They should of left the Alaran and made it a prereq for RoF. That would have had the entire player base in two expansion instead of cluttered up in one.
  17. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

And that would have killed sales of ROF instantly
  18. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Doubtful. Most people still don't know that the Alaran requirement is getting neutered.
  19. mystic37 Journeyman

My husband and I pre-ordered 2 collectors additions for our 2 main accounts and 2 regular for our 2 alt accounts. Both of us were in Beta and enjoyed what the expansion has to offer.

We both are former raiders and just play casual now, and when we are logged in we are working on VOA progression as well as going off on our own.

He normally boxes on his necro or solo's and I have been working on tradeskills and doing every quest there is to do in game. (No reason to do the quests except to say I did)

The new expansion for us? Offers everything we want to do as casual players. We have been playing since 1999. Gold members the entire time and felt the new expansion for us, was worth the money.

There are new places to go as well as slayer/kill tasks and quests. Some of the Quests NPC"s have a warped sense of humor and I believe I hailed every one of them I could find.

The mobs hit a bit harder than VoA but my cleric (lvl 95 in player made and VoA gear) was able to molo in shard's landing 3-4 mobs at a time (with a T5 Tank merc). There are also revamps of older zones, which we were ok with as, we have enjoyed the revamps during special periods in the game throughout the years.

The new tradeskills come for every tradeskill, and are not higher in trivials than they were in VOA eventhough I would have loved a raise in our own tradeskilll abilities, I can live with what we have.

New bags! I will make about 20-40 for us!

Some people will complain, and some people will tell you they like it.

We actually like it, but I am not sure how well one would do without at least halfway decent gear.

Grouping went well, and we are looking forward to release day.
    Pirlo likes this.