Bats - Windsong Raid

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Yinla, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Bats are still re-triggering after going inactive.

We had 9 go inactive last night and there is only 6 of them!!!

Still needs fixing!
    Yinnie the Pink likes this.
  2. Oakenn Tigerspirit Augur

Don't worry in 2-3 years the servers will come down for a emergency update and this will be included.
    Yinla likes this.
  3. Ronthorn Oakenarm Augur

We always have had issues with Bats going back to active after they were brought down to in-active i always just figured they liked us so much they decided to pay another visit.
  4. Zaph Augur

Ryken still eats his Muses early on occasion too, its believed due to the initial agro being dropped/killed, but why ?
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

We figured it would be fixed in a couple of months time when we stopped doing it, but yours maybe closer. :)
  6. Eaiana Augur

Actually, a patch will be applied saying that the intention was always for the bats to be active, and so they will continue to wake up during the entire event.
  7. Endiment Scale Tailed

I think it might be a pathing issue. We normally off-tank the boss off to the side of the stage with the bats spread out in front. After watching them more closely on our last run of this event I noticed some would go straight to the boss, and some would go out the south door to who knows where and eventually re-activate and aggro again.
  8. Brogett Augur

We've seen odd things if the bats are killed too close to the walls, so pathing issue is a possibility.
    We also see Ryken eat all muses the instant they spawn too and have no idea what causes this yet.
  9. Ronak Augur

It's definitely a pathing issue. We watch the bats, if any don't path properly, they go live again 100% of the time. Easily repeatable bug.
  10. Hatsee Augur

Why?

Because they have no agro on anyone, have someone kite and so long as at least anyone tosses them a heal the agro should spread enough that even if someone dies it's not a loss.

It's a bit annoying but think of how much worse the fix may be, if they had a huge agro range for example this would be a terrible phase, not a simple albeit annoying one.
  11. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I had agro on something before they despawned last night so, its not down to just 1 person dying.
  12. Hatsee Augur

All of them, if any of them had agro on say a single person and that person died it doesn't matter if all the rest are also agro'd, they will now despawn.

Very easy to test this out, not sure if it's intended but it's avoidable.
  13. Augok Lorekeeper

Only problem to test out is when this happens prior to all the mobs spawning (which given the instance could be spread over 2 seconds)

The time between muses start spawning and muses being eaten being under 1 second kind of makes it very difficult to ensure everything is grabbed that quickly (even with everyone spread around)
  14. Hatsee Augur

Oh sorry, I didn't mean for you to test it but you can definitely do that.

I meant that if a dev or anyone else reads this and is wondering what we mean it should be very easy to test this out with one toon.
  15. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I was hoping with the early post on the boards that a developer might see it and take a look at it.

Fingers crossed anyway, due to the issues with this raid it is my least favourite of all the T4 raids.
  16. Augok Lorekeeper

Yeah no problem :)
    I can handle it if we loose agro on a mob after they have finished spawning + a reasonable time to grab them.. I don't mind that its something different to have to control... but having it happen the moment they start spawning because one happened to spawn 1/2 a second later and be out of LoS and cause them all to be eaten I'm guessing isn't intended....

Also with regards to the bats we've had ones that have been sitting in the arena go back active so its not just the ones that wander outside (and up onto the hills)... but pathing making it go into some geometry after its been DPSd down might be something... *ponders* might get the bat being killed moved to near ryken so less can go wrong with pathing (hopefully) to test that though at some point
  17. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Get Adro to let you run Windsong then you can try :p