Player's Studio Request

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by WDWolf, Oct 10, 2012.

1. WDWolf Journeyman

Hiya!

I don't know if people with the skills and talents to use Players Studio will be able to make Armor ala Hero's Forge but if you can....

Take a look at the Ancient Ice Shield Ornamentation, and the other Ice Weapon Ornamentations. I would gladly PAY, for a set of Ice Armor to match!

That is all.

Thank you!

WDWolf
  2. Cakvala Augur

Currently they are not allowing us to do any designs for Armor on the Player Studios, we are only allow to design weapons and housing items.
  3. Caudyr Augur

Why? They afraid their armor will be shown up and people will only use the market ones? Heh. :p

Well, either way...it is what it is, hopefully it'll be open for that later, heh.
  4. Cakvala Augur

I would think they will open it up once they see what type of work comes from the users, and or the ability to actually create 96 seperate armor peices. (assumption, on races and class). I personally do not have that much time on my hands . haah
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

The thing I watched on Player Studio was saying they wanted to start with simple things and go from there.

They need to sort the processes out from players to artists to code to designers to being in game, I think I understood that correctly.

Housing stuff needs very little support it just needs to be made bigger and smaller and make sure it looks good from all angles.

Weapons and shields are a little harder, need to make sure no models are impaled.

Armors you would have to do a lot more checks, to make sure that they aren't showing bits of flesh they shouldn't, need to be able to fit all etc. We have been waiting for robes for a long time so I would imagine it is very time consuming to do it for all races.
  6. Mellifleur Augur

I think SOE will find some of us players rather enjoy this type of work. I have several additions I will be adding to the Player studio once submissions are open.

Haven't seen any Black and Gold ( yeah, I went there, Pittsburgh, woot :cool: ) gear available much in the marketplace.
    I hope to change that.
  7. Hatsee Augur

I would like a moose head as a weapon and a shield.
  8. Caudyr Augur

Moose head shield, with antlers sharpened to a point! When you bash, you impale, too! WOO!
    I get what you're saying. When they allow players to do modeling (if they do so), it might be nice to have some 'quick' thing that lets them load in the armor they make to test it out on the models where it will go through their various animations, that way you can make sure that your armor isn't screwing up anywhere. I would imagine something like this is probably something they already have for themselves, though I don't work there so I can't say for sure.

Could even do it when Player Studios goes live and let it cycle through illusions (at least the ones that display weapons in them), so that people can confirm that their shields/weapons aren't getting screwed up when in illusions and whatnot, too. I dunno...just an idea. :p

I definitely understand why housing stuff (and weapons/shields) would be the first things to be able to be done, though...for the same reasons you said.
  9. Shillingworth Augur

It would be nice if we could package our own shaders for the models, even if they had to fit a strict template. I've been working on an open source tool just for editing shaders on models in real time. Been using it to make full screen effects for my game projects, but it works just as well to make textures if shaders aren't possible.
  10. Cakvala Augur

I just got the hang of designing items in EQ hopefully they will get approved without much changes (following what currently has been posted on FAQ and getting started).

I do want to do racial/culture style shields for everyone if SOE will allow a mass submission of that.
  11. IceSy Augur

I am happy doing housing items atm. I have more than enough items that I have come up with, and that have been suggested to me, to keep me busy for a while. :)

Cakvala,. what about a shield with "blue flames"? :D
  12. Geroblue Augur

I have 2 of the 3D programs mentioned, but I'm still learning to use them... in my spare time. Which I have little of. Blender and 3dwings.