RoF Question

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Wyntyr, Nov 11, 2012.

1. Wyntyr Journeyman

Relating to leveling from 95-100. During the VoA expansion someone leveled from 90-95 very quickly, in the range of 24 hours or less i think, primarily by using the stored vitality xp bonus. Devs said this is OK but said they'd be taking steps to make this not possible in the future. To me that means they will reset everyone's vitality bars on release day. My hope is that they only do this for L95 people. I have several sub 85 alts with full or nearly full vitality bars which i would hate to lose and it's not like they are going to level from 80 to 100 (or even 90) using this.
    Anyone heard anything on this or have an opinion?
  2. Mykaylla Augur

Plenty of people levelled in less than 24 hours without vitality. When you're grinding that much, you would chew through that bonus pretty quickly anyway- seems kind of silly to disable it.
  3. Cakeny Augur

People that race are gonna hit cap in a trivial amount of time anyway. Trying to prevent it doesn't hinder them over much, but can have a punitive effect on those lower down the pole (much like credit sinks).
  4. Astehroth Elder

Rollback for 29th November please.
  5. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

If someone really wants to play the game that way, let them. I plan on enjoying the game, and not racing to "win" a game that can't be won.

In addition, there is no way to really stop that kind of gameplay. It doesn't hurt anyone besides the people who do it, and they seem to want to play a game where they are done with advancing their characters within a day or two.
    Vouivre likes this.