Where to kite or swarm kite for Bard level 68

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Layana, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Layana New Member

Where would be a good spot to swarm kite or kite for a level 68 bard. Needless to mention that the monster can't be summoning me!

Thank you!

Layana
    Bristlebane/Saryrn
    Now Bertoxxullous
  2. Pizacatto - CT Augur

It was a long time ago, but I remember kiting Halls Of Honor waaaay back in the day. Is that a good zone for 68 XP? I know I was in my 60's when I was doing that.
    Layana likes this.
  3. Shang Augur

BB/Saryrn?What..
  4. Layana New Member

HoH only have light blue =(
  5. Layana New Member

I will need to have a look

Thanks
  6. Layana New Member

Originally from Bristlebane =)
  7. Fenthen aka Rath

Feerrott outside of House of Thule would be ssuucchh uber exp if you could take anything out. =)
    Layana likes this.
  8. JERUS Augur

lvl 65-79 iirc have the 30' charm songs, i don't think those were adjusted. I may be wrong. But basically swarm kiting was left alone for that level range by most (although still doable) then after that Fort mech->toskirrik ->Convorteum/al'kabor/feerott -> valley of lunanyn/beasts domain.
    Layana likes this.
  9. Layana New Member

Thanks I will look into it! =)
  10. Fenthen aka Rath

Mobs don't summon in Tosk outside of nameds and the plant/wasp guys and the like up by Rathe zone in.
    Layana likes this.
  11. Nylrem Augur

While you can charm kite in some lower end zones (you can only charm up to level 57 mobs with your current charm), PoNightmare was a big one for me for a while, about then, but the xp would be pretty mediocre. I would suggest just dotkiting in the hotzones while lfg at your level for now, and work reg xp to 70.

At 70, with new charm, you want to go to the gators on the beach in loping plains. You can cast your alliance song on them, and they become non-kos, until you zone, or agro them/social agro. Then, you can pull one through 3 more, run to the 5th one in line on the beach, stand on top of it, charm it, then sic on the mob before they get to you. Continue charm kiting ad nauseum, fast repops (like 6 min?), slow runners, like 15 gators total, and you should be able to keep all but your pack of 4 dead along the whole beach, with very little practice, rack up as much AA as you want, and use these til at least level 80.
    Layana likes this.
  12. Pizacatto - CT Augur

Have you tied any of the Void zones, like Oceangreen Hills?
  13. Layana New Member

Thanks for the info, I will look into it, Plane of Nightmare was fun, I remember swarm kiting all the werewolves, that was fast xp for back in the days!
  14. Layana New Member

I haven't back from a 7 years break or something =) I will have a look into it!
  15. Elbereth New Member

Mammoths in Icefall is another good option once you get the 70 charm. Maybe not as good as what Nylrem described in LP, but I spent a lot of time there. The roaming ones on the plain are best, because they're all level 68 or below (charm cap) - the static ones near the rivers include some mobs that are above that level.

But until you get the 70 charm I guess the best is still PoN hobgoblins or chant kiting in some hotzone.
    Layana likes this.
  16. Pizacatto - CT Augur

For the record, I loathe kiting now. I'll grab a Cleric Merc and my alt account with a tank merc and fight all day, but I can't take running in circle anymore, hahaha!
    Layana likes this.
  17. Layana New Member

Doesn't hobgoblin summon? Can't remember its been so long!
  18. Layana New Member

Awww, I mix it up, triangles, octogons... I love kiting =) but I guess sometimes its fun to change. I have never tried the mercs yet, I will have to try them eventually!
  19. Darchon_Xegony Augur

You guys don't seem to have great memories.

70 charm is capped on 68 mobs. Icefall mammoths are 71-73 and restless alligators in LP are 78. Meaning you need level 74 and 79 charm respectiely.

PoFire mobs in C2 are level 68 capped so you should be able to swarm them... If you can find the camp open. On my server it's generally camped by badshotters.
    Layana likes this.
  20. Layana New Member

Do you need to be flagged to go in PoFire? I can't remember ever going there or being flagged hmmm.
  21. Darchon_Xegony Augur

It was unlocked several years ago. With no flags, any level 60+ can enter any of the 4 elemental planes.
    Layana likes this.