Test Update 10/31/12

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by JChan, Oct 30, 2012.

1. JChan Developer

This update has completed.

Update Notes:

*** Miscellaneous ***

- Increased the length of a friend's name that could be added using /friends.
    - The command /language will now display the current language for the chat window.
    - Petamorph wands now work on familiars.
    - Fixed an issue with the in-game mailbox that was preventing the display of more than 10 characters.
    - The "/outputfile spellbook" command will now properly output all spells in your spell book.

*** UI ***

- Added the ability to list friends by server in the Friends Window.
    - Also made it so that the contact button in the Friends Window will operate for friends on other servers.
    - Fixed a hot button text cut-off issue for Reprieve Rk. III. This also fixes some other AAs with a similar issue.
    - Fixed a comment typo in EQUI_Inventory.xml.
    - The states of toggled buttons in the Pet Window will now persist through pet or player death.
    - The required level is now listed next to items in the Merchant Window.
    - Changed several key mapping names from "toggle (windowfunction) window" to "(windowfunction) window toggle." For example, "Toggle Party window" will now be "Party window toggle."
    - Added a checkbox for audio triggers so that players may turn them off and on without deleting them.
    - Fixed a visual bug with with the "Hunter" button in the Achievements Window.
    - Fixed a text clipping issue in note windows.

- Changed -
    EQUI_Animations.xml
    EQUI_AudioTriggersWindow.xml
    EQUI_Inventory.xml
    EQUI_MerchantWnd.xml
    EQUI_NoteWindow.xml

- The EverQuest Team
  2. Bloodymez New Member

Would it be possible to get the patch notes ahead of the server coming down?
  3. WhtRabbit Lorekeeper

They never have and I don't expect they ever will. I believe at least in the "old" days it was because they were making changes up to the last minute before they pushed a patch so getting notes ahead of time would have been pointless.
  4. JChan Developer

This still is an option when it comes to the test server.
  5. Vivamort Augur

I was hoping there would be some mention of Test Dummies being upgraded in HPs and Regen, so they don't die in this patch.
  6. CaptAmazing Augur

Those that can, would you report on the drops rates of the shards now?
  7. Xean-Bard-Drinal New Member

So far, 4 hours of non stop killing in the ferrott of the dream.. not one shard :(
  8. JChan Developer

I was just informed that we didn't increase the drop rates. Sorry!
  9. Danille Augur

To Jen and all of the coders who made this possible:

- The states of toggled buttons in the Pet Window will now persist through pet or player death.

You have everyone's sincere thanks! :)
  10. Bauer Augur

Its ok, as long as it gets patched to live :)
  11. Elizabeta Augur

This boggles me. What is the point of putting in a quest, announced very boldly in the last significant patch, then make it nearly impossible for anyone to do it?
    Gherig likes this.
  12. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

Oh hehe was just about to post that if you did change it, it was from 0.05% to 0.06% because after 212 kills in Toskk tonight not one shard, lol
  13. Candydare Elder

Giddy Up! Please:)
  14. Vaft_Gnome Lorekeeper

there is no quest, at least not yet.magus will accept your shards, give you faction and thats it. even max ally nothing happens.
  15. Sebbina Augur

Last year I failed several times to get the advance for alaran 5 points. I fail to see why peeps expect that whatever this prerelease setup is, that it would be a giveaway or in anyway easy. That said I tend to think that there will be more to come closer to release, and as there is almost 4 weeks to go, keep making an effort or don't.
  16. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

Its not ppl looking for a easy way, well some maybe, but most just want to actually have the shards drop. I personally have tried now for a couple weeks to get even one single shard and still have not seen a single one drop, either in Ferrott, Toskk or even Blightfire / Goru shrouded down.
  17. Piemastaj Augur

Can you eliminate the pets telling us what they are doing every time they zone or unsuspend? It is vastly unnecessary and is more useless spam.
  18. Baramos Augur

Piemastaj makes a very valid point. A wall of pet spam every time you zone or suspend/unsuspend a can be more than annoying, it could even cause a player to miss important emotes while suspending/unsuspending a pet.
  19. gcubed Augur

Nearly impossilbe for some, quite possible for others. I have 26 of the shards (one I can't use without deleveling A LOT).
  20. Sebbina Augur

Well it only takes 20 to max faction, the 21st says you are at max and no gain, i deleveled a couple of toons to 85 (with Exped recovery avail to restore lost levels) and used the 71-85 shards. Even with almost 4 weeks to go, i dont expect every one to max faction.