Get rid of tweets and facebook?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Nindale_MS, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Nindale_MS Elder

Not all of us are into Twitter and Facebook and could give two rats about it. Anyway to add counter to 'display' 0?
  2. Tkia New Member

I was just looking for that option too.
  3. Caudyr Augur

Yes, please. >_<
  4. Fenthen aka Rath

Worst-case scenario - people post to those medias and new players arrive?
  5. Caudyr Augur

It's not necessarily a bad thing to *have*, but there should be a setting to turn them off if you don't want to see them, imo. Maybe it's coming...or maybe we're stuck dealing with the. I hope it's the former of the two, though. >_<
    Ronthorn Oakenarm likes this.
  6. Shang Augur

Wait.. what?
  7. Fenthen aka Rath

I just sooo liked this.
    Dzarn likes this.
  8. Shang Augur

Oh, install AdBlock, and you can remove that stuff from the side.
    Dzarn likes this.
  9. Terminat Lorekeeper

Caudyr and Dzarn like this.
  10. Nindale_MS Elder

I'm all for getting more people into EQ and all, that wasn't my beef. I like many other people don't do facebook or twitter, and it's pushed into media everywhere nowadays as it is. I don't see why we're forced to have that on the page, there should just be a customizable option to hide twitter/facebook feeds and the like, is all.
  11. Iadien New Member

thanks for the link.
  12. Ronthorn Oakenarm Augur

Yeah i am fine with it being there would be better if I did not have to see it though.

Thanks for link
  13. Caudyr Augur

Thanks for the link, I will prolly just tweak Adblock to block it, since I use that.
  14. tn_war Journeyman

Where are yall seeing facebook and twitter?
  15. Nindale_MS Elder

On the right hand side of the browser window when your on the 'home' forums
  16. Nindale_MS Elder

Well it's facebook/twitter feeds anyway, that seems several people wish to hide is all
  17. tn_war Journeyman

Ah I see it now, thanks.
  18. Falos Augur

Don't worry it's hard for people to find underage accounts on facebook anyway.
    Voodoman likes this.
  19. Naladini New Member

Some folks gripe that they don't see all the information about a game in one place. Those feeds allow folks to come here and see that information, which occasionally doesn't get cross-posted into the forums. Nothing wrong with individuals finding a way to block it out, but definitely a good thing that those are there.

Beats the old days of heading to thottbot to track absor across 27 different websites....
  20. Piemastaj Augur

Insult backfired? Sounds fairly creepy.

I agree though, there should be someway to block Twitter and Facebook stuff as a feature.
  21. Caudyr Augur

Right. It's great that there are other avenues of information for the game besides just the forums. We should be able to disable them through our own settings if we want to, though...instead of having to jump through hoops. IMO.