The Facebook Quest is Complete! Double XP Weekend Announced!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Dexella, Oct 25, 2012.

1. Dexella Associate Producer

[IMG]
    CONGRATULATIONS!
    Back in May, we launched our Facebook Quest. With true Norrathian spirit, players rallied behind their games and vigorously promoted the EverQuest and EverQuest II Facebook pages. We were so impressed with the effort you've all put in over the past few months that both games will be rewarded with a Double Experience Weekend!
    We're starting tomorrow with EverQuest II! The Double Experience Weekend will be from 12:00pm (noon) Pacific on Friday, October 26th through 11:59 pm on Sunday, October 28th.
    EverQuest will have their weekend next, from 12:00pm (noon) Pacific on Friday, November 2nd through 11:59 pm on Sunday, November 4th.
    Congratulations to all players from both games, and enjoy the weekends!
    Cakvala likes this.
  2. Shang Augur

Which game actually won?
  3. iniari-TR Augur

free realms :p
  4. Mary Poppins Augur

We did. If EQ2 had won, they wouldn't hesitate to not give us the bonus because we're used to getting dumped on and can take it. EQ2 players need to be coddled more.

True story.
  5. Mintalie Augur

Damn, I could have really used a double xp weekend this weekend.
  6. Reprisal Augur

Double shard weekend too, no?
    Bauer, JERUS and Mintalie like this.
  7. Naeeleu Elder

No everquest 2 won they have been ahead of us since the whole thing started. Only thing you have to do is look up both pages on facebook to see.
  8. Mary Poppins Augur

I don't do the facebook. And even if I did, what you're proposing is way too much work.

Regardless of the actual results, I stand by my original assessment.
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I'm daughterless this weekend and no work on Monday, so I have all the time in the world to play...berg why couldn't they have done it the other way round
  10. Shang Augur

Percentages aren't the same thing as a flat increase, holmes.

Not saying you're wrong, but it's a possibility.
  11. Hatsee Augur

Can we just pitch in to hire a Chinese company to give you 100,000 likes and never have these contests anymore? I think it's only about $100.
  12. Falos Augur

http://get-likes.com/facebook-likes-store/

I assume this is how EQ2 got more likes than EQ 1 because let's be honest - in terms of game quality, game popularity, and success EQ 2 would NEVER beat EQ 1 in a fair challenge.

Also EQ1 players beat EQ2 players in real life fist fights 100 percent of the time, I'd bet my life on it.
    Mary Poppins likes this.
  13. Hatsee Augur

Meh, I'd look for a site that you would expect to get a virus from that needs to be translated. That one is way too professional to be the best deal around.
  14. Geroblue Augur

I don't have extra time off until Thanksgiving. Just Saturday and Sunday for most of this month.
  15. Starla Elder

Make it double station cash too to go with the weekend :)
  16. Brahma New Member

Greetings,
    As an East Coast USA EQ player I am sad because my area was just torn apart by hurricane sandy. We will not have solid internet/power for at least a week or more. I am sure many other players are in this same position. I know that we are only a small portion of your player base but is there any chance of those affected by this disaster to participate in double xp upon our return? (IE sandy relief bags with double xp potion that last the same amount of time as the weekend.) or something creative along those lines?

Brahma
    94 Cleric Vox
    Geroblue likes this.
  17. Geroblue Augur

I think it would be programmable.for SOE to set a flag, that would determine when an area affected by hurricane, earthquake, etc. would get the extra experience points. Turn it off, those in the disaster area don't get the xp, when most of them can log in, the flag gets set to true, and the affected area gets the extra xp.
  18. Nyte New Member

Any word on whats going on with this? Double exp doesn't seem to be going and haven't seen a single thing posted about it for EQ1 other then this post that said its coming. Still getting the same EXP I got last night :/
  19. Riou EQResource

It has been on for awhile now, what server are you on?

Are you low AA and such?
  20. Nyte New Member

Tunare, on normal exp it seems to be working but AA I'm still getting the same as last night with 2700 AA right now, is there a max amount of AA exp you can get in a kill now? Just started playing again few weeks ago but I didnt think there was a max amount you could get from a kill before