Wish sony had put VoA in the preorder.

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Mrjon3s, Oct 29, 2012.

1. Mrjon3s Augur

I wish Sony would have put VoA access with the preorder. Just started up again and would have bought it if I had started earlier but now it just seems better to wait ill next month and just upgrade all 3 of my accounts at once.
  2. Fenthen aka Rath

But you won't get all the nifty VoA /claim items!! =P
  3. Cakeny Augur

They can't due to legal issues. Can't charge your credit card till the release date. What's to stop someone from preordering and using free access to VoA and cancelling preorder before launch?
  4. Geozen Journeyman

Will I get VoA if I buy Rain of Fear when it comes out? I'm currently wondering about upgrading to VoA now. I only have 15 out of 18 expansions currently. I'm almost level 30 so probably not worth to upgrade just yet.
  5. Vouivre Augur

If you buy RoF you will get VoA as well. So it is better to wait and get both without paying for both.
  6. Geozen Journeyman

Thank you very much for the reply! I will definitely wait. It's not long away and gives me the time to level up some more :)
  7. Cakeny Augur

You should be 17/18 since everything except VoA was given for free.
  8. Geozen Journeyman

My account is linked to my Seeds of Destruction purchase in 2009. When I load up the game it tells me I have 15/18 expansions. Can't wait to be 19/19 honestly. Not sure why I wouldn't be given the free xpacs like you said though.
    Marlon1957 likes this.
  9. sihpa Augur

So why do they even let you preorder if they cant charge you? This isnt making sense to me lol
  10. Frostpaw New Member

Honestly, I like the idea of paying at pre-order point, however, you are also entitled some protection from content not being released, hence Sony can't charge you for the preorder before the set date.
  11. Flynn New Member

see: guild wars 2 pre-purchase
  12. Nolrog Augur

So you can play the moment the expansion goes live (there's no option to get a box version). Plus they give you extra goodies for pre-ordering.