New Forums Wishlist

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Saroc_Luclin, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Silenceisgolden New Member

yeah so hadn't seen the new forums until today. Absolutely hate them. Where's all the old posts? why did they have to break every link ever posted to forum articles? and the page is so light I can barely read it because everquest is always messing with my gamma settings.
  2. Angahran Augur

Just adding my vote for an option to remove all the 'pretty' graphics.
    Also, if we could get some way to set how many posts we want to see on a page that would be good too.
  3. tn_war Journeyman

Please separate Lore from Roleplay as well.
  4. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

For the record they did not exist before you saw them, at least not for EQ. We simply knew they were coming.
    The old posts can be found in an archieval state HERE. They do not plan on keeping the old forums up forever (just 3 months or so, maybe more). For that reason, Beimeith and chaosngn are creating permanent Read Only archives of the old forums. Both are still being populated last I knew with Beimeith's SOE Archive here and chaosngn's EQ Archieves here.
    Most people are hating the current skin and are hoping that we are given alternatives similar to the old forums very soon.
  5. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

When clicking links have the browser open up the new page as a tab instead of a completely separate browser window(if the browser is set up to use tabs).
  6. Hatsee Augur

Laptop or desktop?

Desktop use the middle mouse button to click, laptop press ctrl and left click on the links.
  7. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

I know that I can do that; but I rarely have to do so. 99% of the sites I use it will automatically open a tab when I click on a link, not a completely separate window.
  8. Hatsee Augur

So you were not uninformed but rather just silly and want a 3rd way to do something that is already easily done?

Got it.
    Ishtass and Pirlo like this.
  9. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

3/4 of what is being asked for is actually easily doable and people are just asking for a less hassle way to do them; and seeing as it is not going to be uncommon for people to have links in their posts, I don't think it is asking too much for me to request that links not open an entirely separate window when clicked, since most other forums and websites have no problem doing this exact thing. If I was asking something which was actually difficult to do or if these forums had been in existance exactly as they are now for years, then I could see reason for the the ridcule, but considering that the forums here are brand new and the changes should be very minor changes in code or maybe even just changing an option setting on their end I fail to see the need for tone.
  10. Shang Augur

Aka, Hadce was right.
  11. Pipsissiwa New Member

Custom Avatars
    Date/Time of posts
  12. Calirian Journeyman

I agree about the custom avatars and the date/time of posts. The forums are good, but with a few tweaks they could be better. They don't seem as fluid yet as they could be.
  13. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

WTB a cancel button for when I click reply and not like!
    Yinnie the Pink likes this.
  14. Darrkin Skies Elder

Using IE9/10(beta) and getting the below images so its not jsut ie7/8 its ie 9 and 10
    [IMG][IMG]
  15. Naeeleu Elder

Avatars either custom or a better selection.
    be able to make it darker this bright one makes it hard for me to read.
    Housing to have it own section like it used to.
    Ritmo likes this.
  16. Aeia New Member

I'd like to see the SOE Post Tracker work in the same way as on the old forums.

On the old forums, it was a simple paged list of posts made by developers, and it was very easy to use to look for all their posts in the last day, week, etc.

On these forums, the list contains other things than posts (e.g. likes), and it's very short. To show posts from the last day or so, I had to click "Show older items" eight times; doing that after a week's vacation to catch up will be very difficult.
    Fanra, Rtugok, Dzarn and 1 other person like this.
  17. Nolrog Augur

The Everquest banner is not at the top of the page where it belongs. It's in the middle of the pages and blocks either forum threads or posts.
  18. Tobynn Augur

Must be a browser/platform thing. Using Firefox 15 I have zero display issues. Loaded up IE9 and all good there also.
  19. Ishtass Augur

Ditto, IE is the best browser at downloading better browsers
  20. Tobynn Augur

This new Post Tracker isn't. Its an activity tracker, and its borderline useless as is, being cluttered with an endless stream of dev likes.

/glares at Dzarn.
    Vuncar, Iila, Rtugok and 2 others like this.