Update Bugs 10/16/12

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by JChan, Oct 16, 2012.

1. Nitsude Journeyman

The raid window is working a lot better, but it is still causing some crashes. For sure, the times that I can remember it crashing me is when I attempt to arrange people by class or group.
  2. smash Augur

Probaly old, but Pulse of Lunanyn seems not to be caught by the filter.
  3. Tanulie Journeyman

May not be related to this patch, but chat channels on Test went down approx an hour ago and have not come back up. "Please wait until we reconnect you with the Universal Chat service. Your request has not been sent."
  4. Xean-Bard-Drinal New Member

I'm having issues with mercs not showing up in the group window. I have repeated this by logging out with mercs active, logging back in and inviting the merc owner's into a group in the Guild Hall. The merc won't show up in the group window until you zone.
  5. Elizabeta Augur

In the barter-buyer window, the only thing that shows up when doing a search for "Fear Shard" is the Meager Dark Fear Shard. I am trying to barter-trade one kind for another but it is impossible as the only thing selectable is the Meager Dark one.
  6. Teppic New Member

This may be a silly question, but are you sure that other types of Fear Shards have dropped on your server? Items do not appear in /buyer until they have dropped on your server (possibly requires looting too). Then I believe there is still a delay, not sure if hours or a day or two etc. I've only checked Test so far, but 10 different Fear Shards show up in /buyer and live should have the same patch currently. Are you on a very low population server? Just a thought, otherwise carry on with getting this reported :)
  7. Elizabeta Augur

Tunare (aka E'ci, Hammer), and there are plenty of Fear Shards of all kinds for sale on Sellers (and have been since last weekend) so they are on the server-system.
  8. Tobynn Augur

Same lack of available buy lines in Bazaar on Bristlebane. Presently, there are five types of fear shards for sale in the bazaar:
    Small Fear Shard (Rec. 100; Req. 91)
    Petite Dark Fear Shard (Rec. 95; Req. 81)
    Petite Fear Shard (Rec. 85; Req. 71)
    Petite Pale Fear Shard (Rec. 75; Req. 61)
    Meager Dark Fear Shard (Rec. 65; Req. 51)

But when attempting to set up a Buyer, the only varieties that appear in the Items to Buy search window are:
    Petite Dark Fear Shard (Rec. 95; Req. 81)
    Petite Fear Shard (Rec. 85; Req. 71)

So at present, its just not possible to set buy lines for anything but those two varieties.
  9. eqitchy New Member

The legendary Mercenary vendor Hayda Ware is corrupted, you get DB string unknown when browsing the mercenary contracts. I used the claim merc contract and went to her to purchase.
  10. Elizabeta Augur

Update: still no change, on Tunare the Meager Dark Fear Shard is the only thing you can select for buyer mode.
  11. JChan Developer

Tunare and Bristlebane have been fixed. If anyone else notices a discrepancy on their server, please report it here.
  12. Uxtalzon Augur

Trying to preview items now is a frequent risk of EQ crashing now. The past maybe 4 days I've crashed about 10 times from ALT + Rightclicking items to see a preview, only to get that "Hey, EQ crashed yet again! Tell us more!" box. Once or twice, the game just freezes for a whole minute before finally crashing. This never happened to me before, now it's so bad I don't risk previewing anything anymore.
  13. Tegila Augur

I get this too, have gotten it every single time ive previewed an item i ahve not previewed before, all year long

a NEW crash bug seems to be in the King of the Beasts raid. From my own experience and talking to otehrs, this is new (last 2 weeks at most) and isolatable, and it's not operating system-specific.

I've filled out crash reports for this the 3 times it's happened to me, not sure if anyone else has but i've talked to many others on my server that have encountered it and mentioned it to Piestro today when he was in our General.

Talking to people I've isolated that it is in fact when Kalda etc are activated, not when the King is activated. Since both happen within seconds of each other usually it took quite a few discussions to anil it down. I've personally had it occur on a windows 7 machine and on an xp 64 machine, both with AMD cpus, 1 with ddr2 one ddr3, one nvidia one radeon, etc. Also all crashes were different classes, druids rangers shadowknights enchanters etc. I first noticed it last week when i crashed the instant i pulled the first set of adds, but found out later Kalda had been triggered late and THAT was when i'd crashed. Last night i had an alt in zone as well and that ocmputer also crashed when Kalda wasactivated though it was before the adds because it was triggered a few seconds sooner. Have spoken to several others with this issue who have confirmed that it was not on King's activation but on sending Kalda etc. in whether they were simultaneous or staggered. Please fix this, not everyone is getting this crash but more and more are, and carshes on raids are getting out of hand as it is, adding a new one to the mix doesnt help. Personally it's even worse being the puller, tank, MA and sometimes raidleader on this event, crashing at the start is rough.
  14. Tharrg Augur

I have noticed a Bug In Chardok. I was fighting around the Royals in lower Chardok and noticed that I would Aggro mobs that were below me or in different areas. This would sometimes cause my merc to run off to those areas and attack. However the main problem is that I could sit and not be attacked but because I showed aggro I would not benifit from out of combat regen. I could move and find spots that would show no aggro but then it would start out of combat regen, stop show aggro then start over and over. Logging was only fix, It kept happening all day.