YOUR CHARACTER'S DCUO STORY

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by aurorabenz07, Jan 1, 2016.

1. BernUnit81 Devoted Player

[IMG]
    Finally got a chance to sit and read this Ms. Benz and was not disappointed. I really thought that opening scene with Supes felt authentic, like that is totally something he would do [points on using the Christopher Reeve image]. I kinda got the impression that Atrocitus was kinda thinking "Oh, this isn't going to end well for that guardian" when he was watching Hal and Sinestro. The self sacrifice playout was nicely executed, you felt the sorrow of the entire group but also the duty carried by Nol-Anj. Loved it all, looking forward to more.
    • Like x 2
  2. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Thanks Nomad. I tried making her end something worthy of the Khalessi of the Braidmen. However, with regards to her fate, who knows. Could she have survived or is she truly gone ;)
  3. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Thanks Bern. I wanted to show that even though Supes was defeated by Scar, he was still in the fight but since he crashed on the moon, I wanted to include a callback scene from Superman IV. As for Nol's sacrifice, I took inspiration from various scenes in comics, tv shows, and movies while leaving her demise open ended
    • Like x 1
  4. AlienNomad Well-Known Player

[IMG]
    Flipbook link--> http://online.fliphtml5.com/qemc/afjx/
    Ok so maybe not really a surprise. I never got around to turning the Scourge on Oa story into a flipbook. The only addition to this was a pic of Iolande I inserted, otherwise it's as is. I felt the need to do this as this story takes place right after the Earthbound Pt.3 storyline. Gotta keep it linear! ;)
    • Like x 2
  5. BernUnit81 Devoted Player

To go back to your earlier statement, yeah, we should totally do something like this again. It was a lot of fun. One word....Elseworld. I don't mean Bern's world but like something different from any of our character's worlds.
    • Like x 1
  6. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

*my reaction*
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  7. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

[IMG]
    What an intriguing idea. I like it! ;):)
    • Like x 2
  8. AlienNomad Well-Known Player

[IMG]

I'm all ears!! :D
    • Like x 1
  9. Ikyotojin Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    The exo's changed her all right, but she didn't have to like it. Now all she can feel is the anger at waking up in a tube with hideous blue skin and never getting rid of the freezing numbness.

Braniac and all the rest of the takers need to be taught - You don't get to take things from people. Real hell is made of ice.

My ice tank.
    • Like x 4
  10. Ikyotojin Dedicated Player

• Like x 1
  11. BernUnit81 Devoted Player

Did you draw that?
  12. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Very nice, specially like how her outfit is so 'simple' and not flashy at all
    • Like x 1
  13. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Looks like they may have tweaked the filter a little, butt looks like a screenshot (using the Angry face)
  14. Ikyotojin Dedicated Player

I did about 6 pencil versions to set up the 3d render. I switched away from tradition art as my wife had an issue withe the "mess" from pencils, brushes, paint, pieces of canvas and paper...
    Now I do 3d work on the puter and cleaner activities like wood carving.
    • Like x 3
  15. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Wood carving is a cleaner activity than traditional drawing? o_O
    • Like x 1
  16. Ikyotojin Dedicated Player

well... It sounded good at the time.
  17. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Thanks Ikyoto. Someone mentioned about creating cards for our DCUO characters similar to the old comic book trading cards of the 90s and I figured why not :p
    • Like x 2
  18. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Hey Everyone
    Just bumping because the next part is coming. And using aspects of the in-game missions, the next part will continue with BLACKEST DAY

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  19. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Looking forward to seeing what happens next :D
    • Like x 3
  20. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Subject: Mina Lyubov
    Blackest Night
    Blackest Day

Enter: Space
    A sun hot sphere of energy begins to expel outward from the point of impact, almost whiting out the area. While many Black Lanterns are gobbled up by the blast, Mina and the other Lanterns trying to escape are slammed by the fast-moving shockwave; being tossed forward and up. As for many others who were also sent reeling, some were scorched but survived, floating among the stars. The Star Sapphire, in uncontrolled flight, regains consciousness, steadying her trajectory, and then spots an approaching blue dot. As it soared closer and closer, she realizes it to be Superman, coming to her aid. The man of steel reaching out his hand, grabs Mina and then seizes hold of Hal Jordan and Sinestro, flying them back to safety with the united seven Lantern forces.
    [IMG]
    Enter: The Watchtower
    In close orbit of Earth, remnants of the secondary defense force led by the Challengers of the Unknown continue with their repairs. Meanwhile, in the middle of the cluster of damaged ships, the Watchtower stays ever vigilant with Oracle and Mr. Terrific monitoring the situation at Ranx within the Monitor womb. However, they are soon taken by surprise when the Black Lantern central battery alongside a surviving portion of the corrupted horde suddenly burst out of nowhere teleporting right before them. Oracle and everyone around her go big eye with someone exclaiming, “Oh my go...” Mr. Terrific, wasting no time goes on full alert, activating the Watchtower defense systems, which sends out an all-out alarm throughout the station, “Attention all Justice League personnel! Battle stations!” Now closer than ever, the immense battery slowly twists downward on a collision course to the blue planet below, Earth. Both the Watchtower and the remaining ships begin firing upon it, which causes the Black Lanterns to counter and attack the Justice League HQ. Once more, another space battle erupts, as both forces exchange fire.
    [IMG]
    Enter: Space
    As the combined forces of the Lantern corps continue their battle with the remaining Black Lanterns, Superman drops Hal Jordan, Sinestro, and Mina with Carol Ferris, Atrocitus, Indigo-1, Larfleeze, and Saint Walker. And just as he arrived, the man of steel asks his Justice League teammate, “Hal, I don’t get it. I thought with the battery gone, it would put an end to all this?” The Green Lantern just as confused responds, “I don’t know. Somethings not right…” Superman in turn replies, “Well I’ve gotten in contact with Oracle. Luthor’s weapon was all but destroyed by a force of Black Lanterns from Earth and now are attacking the mobile planet of the Sinestro Corps…” which immediately gets Sinestro’s attention. As the man of steel continued, he nonetheless was ready to go back towards the battle, “…Oracle and the others should be able to handle it. In the meantime, try to find out what’s going on. I’m heading back.” As the hero departed, both Mina and Carol at the same time tried to ask the Green Lantern a question, which caused both women to pause as they gave each other a look. Atrocitus, unconcerned of the awkward moment intervenes, “The Earth hero is right. The battery is gone. So how is it that the Black Lanterns who weren’t within the blast radius are not dust?!” Meditating with a piece of a broken Black Lantern ring in her hand, Indigo-1 answers the Red Lantern, “I am channeling the black ring…I sense its source of power. The black hole of emotion still functions…” and as she continues her meditative state, she pinpoints the corrupted battery’s location, pointing towards the planet Earth. With a terrible thought sweeping across his face, Hal tries to contact the Justice League HQ, “Hal Jordan to Watchtower…I say again, Watchtower…” While the Green Lantern tries to reach the Watchtower, Mina’s fists ball in frustration seeing that Nol-Anj’s sacrifice was in vain, but then her face goes white, as she comes to the realization that her mother and daughter are now in danger.
    [IMG]
    Enter: The Watchtower
    In the midst of the battle, Oracle issues instructions to the heroes, Rocket Red, Plastic Man, and Aztek at the common area of the main hangar bay with several JL javelins prepping to go, “Remember guys, take as many refugees as you can and have them finish boarding, evacuation control will give clearance for immediate launch. You are to take them to our nearby satellite stations.” A watchtower controller monitoring the battle next to her tells Mr. Terrific, “Sir, there’s a group of Black Lanterns approaching sector four and five of our defenses.” The hero, in turn replies, “Increase power to our shields. Send Orion and his team to help in those sectors. We’ve got to hold them until those transports are away.” However, a JL operator at the hangar, loading supplies onto one of the transports spots a small craft through the magnetic field opening of the hangar.
    • Like x 3