YOUR CHARACTER'S DCUO STORY

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by aurorabenz07, Jan 1, 2016.

1. velvetsanity Loyal Player

When my story gets to that point, I already have a plan for that flimsy oversight :D
  2. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Good :D
    Although, thought you had already bypassed that rubbish o_O
  3. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Nope, my story is currently after exobyte release and before Brainiac’s arrival.
  4. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Wasn't the global infection and Brain-attack around the same time? People barely knew they had been infected before they found themselves on his ship
  5. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Ok, I just double-checked. Seems I was remembering the timing of events wrong. Brainiac arrived shortly *before* the exobytes were released o_O

So yeah, I guess I did bypass it :p

I was thinking Brainiac arrived several weeks/months later
  6. Jackie-13 New Player

Wes hated to admit it, but Nick knew what he was talking about when it came to dressing on-point. It had dented his cash a bit, spending so much on just a shirt and slacks, but Nick had been persuasive. As Wes stood, admiring his reflection, he smiled. It wasn't an Armani suit or a tuxedo or anything, just a nice, classy white shirt, a pair of black trousers, and a shining pair of black shoes. His still gloved hands were fastening the tie around his neck, and for a moment he actually didn't feel like a thug thrown in at the deep end of a bad situation. He looked like a pretty standard office worker, white collar kinda guy. His eyes caught a glimpse of Nick's ghostly form, glancing up and down the streets, and Wes found himself rolling up his sleeves to copy his strange, ghostly mentor.

He's done right by me so far, might as well go the whole nine-yards, he mused, wandering over towards Nick. The ghostly figure looked to him and smirked.

"Nice touch," he gestured towards the rolled up sleeves, "Ok, now you look a bit more professional, time for you to train. Head to the Shen Li Po Gardens."

Wes blinked in confusion, "Uh.... any reason we need to go there specifically?"

"You gotta work on your constructs. Those glowy things GL uses to fight with. Can't exactly do that in your place, and far as I can tell, there's nothing happening over there. Most of it's near the theatre in Chinatown or Little Bohemia." Nick pointed across the street towards an electronics store, where several news reports were warning residents of who was where. Zombies, parasites, out of control patients, freaking gorillas.... just another busy day in Metropolis it seemed.

Wes nodded, swallowing softly as he started walking. And, in stark contrast to his thoughts only a day or so ago, hoping that girl he'd had his eye on would NOT be there.

She was not. No one was, in fact. The Gardens were open, and exposed, but there was no one around. Only in the distance was the unpleasant sight of Stryker's, and the vast shimmering expanses of water. It was almost calming. Wes felt a wave of relief that he was alone. At least, as much as he could be. He looked over towards his company, thinking and pacing slowly back and forth as though concentrating on something unknown or unseen. If Nick was a flesh and blood being, he'd be wearing out the ground beneath him.

"Ok..." he mused, finally stopping and breaking the silence, "The ring itself is powered by fear. The power to create it, or the power to feel it. Whatever you can think of that invokes fear, can be made solid. To create those constructs, you need to...." he trailed off a little, then began again, as though gaining a moment of confirmation in his train of thought, "You need to think of a solid item that invokes fear."

Wes frowned a little, confused by the explanation, "What like a skeleton or a ghost or something?"

Nick's expression fell into a judging, incredulous gaze, "What are you, 5? This isn't campfire spook stories you moron, this is FEAR, horror, nightmares, trauma! Fear!" he snapped, "You gotta tap into a person's fears, REAL fears!"

Wes frowned, thinking softly, "Like... Death?"

Nick tensed slightly, and though he was already a pale man, Wes swore he went 4 shades paler still, "Yeah, that's a pretty big one...... but it's not a solid item. Can't just think of Death and have her show up."

"Her?"

"Trust me you do not want me to explain.." Nick sighed, "Ok, unpleasant lesson time. First you gotta fuel that ring. So as you're not too clued up on what scares people, you gotta be the fuel."

Wes frowned, looking down towards his still gloved right hand. He could feel the ring on his middle finger, cold and hot all at once. It was strange, feeling both sensations but also feeling them cancelling each other out so he could cope. It was eerie, and it made a slight chill run up his spine. To invoke true fear... this ring thought HE could do that?

No, it wasn't that. He'd been terrified at that moment. Petrified of being killed. Terrified of dying a nobody. And the yellow ring had came to him. It wanted him to be afraid.... but that was a start. If he could increase that fear, get stronger, he could inflict it on other people.... that's how it worked, right? Creating real fear in others so HE wouldn't need to be afraid.

"So I gotta be scared, right?" Wes asked, realising he was even parroting Nick's vocal quirks, Great next I'll be saying 'I'm walking here'.

"Right. Let's try it a bit different though, don't just think of something off the top of your head, think of a time you were scared, a memory, don't just make it up."

Wes was quiet for a while, closing his eyes. He knew the most memorable time he was afraid; it was staring down the barrel of a gun....

"Don't just remember it, relive it, feel like you're there, remember the weather, the time, what you were doing..." Nick's voice guided him, encouraging him.

It was several years ago.... he'd just bought his handgun, and felt like he was ready for anything. So he'd agreed to help some old gambling buddies rip off a small apartment in Little Bohemia, one of the nicer ones near the old STAR labs. It had been cold, and damp, the start of winter. 'Simple job, in and out' they'd promised, 'old guy's got oodles of expensive gear in there, we can cover our debts and make enough to live it up." Only they hadn't done their research. Not enough. Why would some old guy living in a classy apartment have 'oodles of expensive gear' laying about? If it was hot. Wes had been leaning over, disconnecting this sweet looking laptop from the wall socket, when the door to the bedroom clicked open. The old man was stood there- not that old, 50, early 60s at most- brandishing a gun. Not just any gun, the kind of gun that made Wes' .45 look like a peashooter. He'd seen one like it in a movie later, an M60. Large, intimidating, swung low in the guy's arms. And aimed right at Wes himself. His heart was pounding, fingers trembling. He saw no remorse in that man's eyes, only the cold, chilling resolve as his finger moved to the trigger. Wes' arms had been held out in surrender, but he wasn't stopping. He was... he was gonna......

"Wes..... open your eyes." Nick's voice echoed and Wes found it difficult to open them.

In his arms, grasped tightly in his grip, was that same M60. Or, at least, a duplicate of it. It was as mean, and scary to hold as it had been to stare it down. Gradually, it faded from his sight, and Wes felt his heart pounding like a jackhammer in his chest.

"Try it again. Think of it again." Nick encouraged. Wes nodded, remembering the fear and the weight, only this time he watched it materialising. It was chilling to look at, this weighty, shimmering, glowing weapon. It was like it was made of glass, the way the surface reacted to the light of the sun and the way it reflected light, but it WAS light. Wes looked to Nick, a broad grin on his face.

"You have no idea how much I wanna try this out!" he admitted, almost giddy he had managed it.

"Cool it for now, cowboy," Nick chuckled, watching as the light constructed faded, much slower then before and not as quickly, "You're just trying those baby steps. Besides, you start firing, you'll get noticed. But hey, now you know you CAN do it, you get some homework; studying fear. Do that? I'm pretty sure you'll figure out different things, get a feel for what works. Best to stick with 6 or so specific constructs though, don't go nuts trying to do too much."

Wes was still on a high, wrenching his glove off to look at his yellow lantern ring and grinning in excitement. It was like skydiving, but better. A high on fear. He could get used to that feeling, and from what Nick was telling him, he could feel it for much longer and much, much more......

Her eyes scanned the pages, tongue rolling in delight over her sharp teeth as she saw word after word appearing in her beloved book. A blue finger traced the words, whispering them aloud at so many Yellow Lanterns, so many loyal followers to her beloved leader, so many willing to pledge allegiance to him. So many stories to tell, to read, to chronicle....

One paragraph caught her eyes, bright yellow widening in surprise. This member's words were so pale. So faded. A Sinestro Lantern, of course, but his alliance was adrift. Something interfering and influencing. No... this was.....

Lyssa Drak could not mask the smile upon her lips as she read with intrigue. This was one she was curious to educate in the power of Sinestro, one whose story was corrupted by another who could be of use to the Sinestro Corp, to her lord and leader Sinestro.

Perhaps her visit to Earth would not be a dull affair after all......

(Here's part 2 : > I know I'm very much drifting from the origins given to our characters in DCUO, but I think this adds a bit of variety. Plus I wanted to introduce my favourite of the Sinestro Corps : > Hopefully those reading have spotted a few nods towards Nick's role in canon, and a few in-game elements too. Hope you enjoy!)
    • Like x 4
  7. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Another great entry, intrigued to find out what Nick's real plan is
  8. BernUnit81 Devoted Player

These were really cool. I felt for Wes quite a bit as I read these, such is the mark of good writing. Nick Necro is a character I am aware of though not too familiar with. Looking forward to see what unfolds as Wes learns to use his new abilities and I am guessing decide what side of the line he is on. I agree with Visor, I am curious why someone like Nick Necro might intervene and mentor someone like Wes. Well done, looking forward to reading more of this.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  9. Jackie-13 New Player

(Thank you all so much for your words of encouragement! Nick is indeed up to something, I won't give away any spoilers, let's just say that Nick's been dragged into this by accident and he's taking advantage of the situation. The biggest clue is where Wes was when he got his ring : > Now I also need to do some reading to learn more on Miss Drak and her role in these events.)
    • Like x 1
  10. golddragon71 Dedicated Player

Hi, New story Jumping in here with this month's Crisis Anniversary Event. I just had my Ice-based character win her status as a full-Leaguer with emblem and HoJ access and I decided to start her story from the very next day. (Frostina's bio can be found in the origins thread.)
    Frostina faces a Crisis (Part One)
    A sharp series of bleeps ripped sleep from Tina Ewaldsin like a a bandaid pulling hair out by the roots. Tina rolled back and flung her arm out in the general direction of her nightstand and blasted the source of the affronting noise with a sharp blast of super cold energy. The entire nightstand was encased in a thick jagged ice formation. Tina closed her eyes and sighed
    “Aunt Tora’s gonna kill me!” She then noticed that the bleeping continued. muffled but still there. Tina looked at the shimmering Ice and realized it wasn’t the alarm clock that had made the offending noise but her newly earned Justice League Signal Device.Unlike alarm clocks, League signal devices were much more resilient to the kinds of wear and tear they might be subjected to. Tina grabbed a sharp icepick from the surviving endtable and with a well executed downward stab, she cracked the ice perfectly causing it to split cleanly and fall off at either side of the weather-beaten nightstand. The bleeping cut off at that moment. Tina picked up the device and slid the cover screen up. there were three notifications on it. One was from Oracle about some kind of Crisis in Metropolis, The second was from Aunt Tora with the word CONGRATS! in all caps. and the third was from Wonder Woman with no heading at all on it. before Tina could open any of the texts, her TroubAlert screen came to life across the room.
    Normally the troubalert was an ordinary Flatscreen that showed either News feeds or screen savers. Tina’s had been a Yule Log burning in a fireplace for the last month. It was a seasonal design that fit the festive mood of the holidays. Tina hit the open icon on one corner of the touchscreen and the graphic of Oracle’s digital mask came online.
    “Welcome to the Justice Lieague Frostina!” Tina nodded as she straightened.”
    “Sorry Oracle! i thought it was the alarm clock!” Oracle chuckled over the line.
    “If I had a dime for every time I heard that, i’d be richer than Bruce Wayne and Lex Luthor put together!” Tina smiled at the older woman’s comment.
    “This about the crisis alert on my signal device?” the image of the Oracle mask bobbed on the screen as if nodding.
    “Yeah, the information packet will cover all the essentials regarding where to report, what duty stations require your immediate assistance and where to meet up with other members of the New heroes division. In the meantime, i thought I should Inform you that because a lot of the action is so close to your office, your boss has left a few voicemails to the effect of “don’t bother coming in, work on your assignments from home. any questions can be submitted through email.””
    Tina smirked as she replied. “remind me to record some of the battle banter this time around! Dialogue is hard enough to write when you’re just imagining a crisis! Actually remembering what people say in one is that much harder!”
    “Just come back in one piece! Your Aunt would never forgive the League if you got killed right after you earned your seal!….Oracle Out!”
    Tina immediately regretted her casual chatter. The top leaguers were seasoned veterans who had seen teammates die. One of them had been her own aunt. It was a serious non-no to talk about battlefield banter with them as if it was just another day on the job.
    Tina pressed a switch on her primary armory. the armories were invented as storage cabinets for a heroes combat gear. using a variation on the teleport technology that allowed members of the league to travel from their homes and offices, to the watchtower and mission sites, The Armories could equip a hero with a fresh uniform or even an upgraded armored suit designed to increase their protection from the various threats they faced. It often took less than a second for an experienced hero to switch from the standard slimline bodysuits to something more formidable. Usually certain heroes elected the inviso-armor approach in which they would be encased in the heaviest and best forms of armor but their appearance would be no different than if they had just worn a skimpy two piece.
    On many days Tina wore a costume inspired by her aunt Tora. however, She tried to use her own look for the more major Event missions. The main reason being that her Aunt’s off-again, on-again boyfriend Guy Gardner had grabbed her in a familiar way having mistaken here for her aunt. the incident almost cost Gardner his hand from an instinctive cold blast by Tina. (as well as a sore jaw when he was punched out by Tora for being so stupidly lecherous in the middle of a League Mission.) However Tina admitted to making the mistake of cosplaying at an inappropriate time.
    Tina chose her Ice styled slimline and cape. Now Tina Ewaldsin was FROSTINA ICICLETTE and Frostina had a job to do. After leaving a note for Aunt Tora apologizing for the damages to the end table and alarm clock, Frostina listened to the voicemails in the Crisis packet. She frowned. This wasn’t an ordinary threat. The Anti-monitor was a serious disaster waiting to happen. The last time the league tangled with the multidimensional threat it had almost cost the Flash his life. (as it was, the speedster was trapped in the Speed Force for almost a decade before his recent return.) Tina concentrated as she was taught to and her power levels shot to full intensity. Her skin turned from it’s usual warm light peach color to a much colder bluish tint that seemed to reflect the light in the room. her eyes glowed bright blue without any visible cornea or pupil. Frostina. hovered in the air and was about to head directly to the battle scene but then recalled that she had to check in at the watchtower before joining in with the other heroes. Tina drifted over towards her personal teleporter and engaged the controls to take her straight up.
    • Like x 3
  11. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Great new entry, just a few minor punctuation errors here and there, maybe put a few line-breaks to make it easier to read, specially between scenes, like after the chat with Oracle
  12. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Tanja Freyjasdottir, Part 10
    Tanja's Soulscape

“Now that I’ve completed the adjustments, we need to figure out how to start the process.”

They walked over to where the construct was tied up. “How can it even see with this helmet covering its eyes, anyway?” Tanja asked as she crouched down to look at it.

“It’s not really seeing the way you think of in the physical world. Everything here is symbolism and metaphor,” Raven said. She paused a moment. “Why don’t you try the helmet on yourself and see?”

Tanja shrugged, “Why not?” She looked at it closely and found the clasp. Pulling it off of the construct, she stuck it on her own head.

Instantly, the helmet’s clasp secured itself as the construct turned to smoke, which quickly flowed into Tanja. She and Raven both staggered and fell, and both the ground and their appearances shimmered, wavering as if reality was uncertain about their form.

Tanja’s appearance shifted radically, with her blue silk kung fu outfit tightening and changing into orange-red fur with leopard spots fading to a creamy white on her throat, chest and stomach. The helmet took on a more organic appearance before sinking into her and vanishing, her fingers and toes became tipped with razor sharp talon-like claws, her feet reshaping slightly to give the impression that she’d be just as comfortable standing on her toes as with her feet flat, and a catlike tail sprouted from her tailbone as the construct’s belt appeared around her waist, with a matching choker appearing at her throat.

Raven’s clothing merely shifted slightly in color, fading to white around the edges and hems but otherwise unchanged. After a moment, it returned fully to its normal dark hue.

After a few seconds, strange-looking plants sprouted from the ground, which reshaped itself, smoothing out and changing from rocky to a rich dark topsoil as the plants grew, though several of the boulders remained, including the one Nightwing was sitting on.

Raven groaned and pushed herself up to a sitting position before looking around, her eyes widening. “These are Azarathian plants.”

“Is that because of the soul bond, or the integration?” Nightwing asked.

“It could be from either. Most likely it’s the combination of both.”

As Raven continued looking around her at flowers and grasses she hadn’t seen in years, Tanja pushed herself up with a feline-sounding groan. “Did anyone get the license plate of that truck?”

Raven and Nightwing looked at her, and Nightwing quickly turned to look the other way, blushing. “How are you feeling?” Raven asked.

“Disoriented, dizzy, and a little like I’ve been sparring with Grandmaster Yang.”

“Grand..oh, your martial arts. What about your interests, hopes and desires?”

“What do you mean?”

“Acting, for instance. How do you feel about it now, compared to before?”

“Before...oh. Umm...” Tanja thought about it for a moment. “Seems to be the same. Still want to play Bombalurina on Broadway more than anything else I can think of. I take it that means I’m still myself?”

“Appearances to the contrary, yes.”

“App...” She stopped mid-word as she looked at her arms. “Whoa. What is this?”

“Your soul-self’s normal appearance is based on a combination of your self-image, your nature, and your desires, but you can alter it at will.”

“Like, for instance, maybe putting some clothes on?” Nightwing said over his shoulder.

“Putting some...eep!” Tanja’s eyes widened as she looked down and then quickly covered herself just as a sleek bodysuit, feathered in areas that matched the pattern of the suit the construct had worn, emerged from her skin, along with a feathery cloak, the now organic-looking helmet, and gloves and boots that included metal claws that overlaid and reinforced the natural ones she now had.

“That’s interesting.” Raven moved closer and examined the outfit. “Apparently the suit the construct was wearing was some sort of soul armor my future self developed. She’s dressed now, it’s safe to turn around.”

“Thank you.” He turned around as Tanja and Raven were standing up. “Whoa.”

“Soul armor?” Tanja asked.

“Armor formed from the substance of your soul.”

“Oh. Right. Umm, isn’t that dangerous to me if it gets damaged when I’m wearing it?”

“Only if it’s a magical or spiritual attack specifically targeting your soul.”

“Okay. This didn’t change what I actually look like, right? I don’t think I’ll be able to get any parts if I go to an audition looking like this...”

“No, physically you still look like you, mostly. Enough that it won’t be a problem, anyway,” Raven replied.

“Mostly?”

“Your ears are pointed.”

Tanja blushed. “They’ve always been like that.”

“In all the times I’ve seen you, I never noticed that,” Nightwing said.

“Kids used to tease me about it when I was little, calling me ‘fairy girl’ and ‘elf ears’ and things like that, so I’m always careful to keep them covered by my hair. My mom told me they were part of the reason she started calling me her 'little skogkatt’ after the first time Anya and Ingrid took me to see Cats. Anyway, how do I look?”

“I like it,” Raven said.

“Dangerous. In a terrifying yet sexy way. And I’m absolutely not thinking any inappropriate thoughts about you.” This last part came out sounding as if he were trying to convince himself more than anything.

Raven rolled her eyes.

“Considering everything I’ve been through, Dick, right now I don’t think I’d be comfortable dating any guy any time soon. Have whatever thoughts you want about me, just...don’t act on them in my presence, okay?”

He swallowed, nodding. “Fair enough.” He took a deep breath and fully composed himself. “So all that’s left is getting you back to the physical world.”

Tanja nodded. “I kind of wish I could see myself right now, though. I’m curious how I look.”

“You’re inside of your own soulscape. Everything here is created by you, mostly subconsciously, but you can reshape it any way you want. Such as, for example, willing a mirror into existence. You can also make the armor appear and disappear at will.”

“Okay, how do I do that? Just concentrate on what I want?”

“Yes, exactly. And the stronger your focus and the more detailed you can imagine it, the more control you have over it. I’ll carry Dick out and then return to guide you back to the physical world.”

“Okay. Will any changes I make be permanent or temporary?”

“Usually temporary, but if you make the same change over and over again, it can become permanent. Your expectations influence things as well. I’ll be back in a minute.”

Tanja nodded and began concentrating as Raven shifted to bird form, then grew to pull Nightwing into her and flew off just as a mirror began rising out of the ground in front of Tanja.

——-

Back in the ritual chamber, Raven expanded and released Nightwing inside the protective dome of the circle. “I need to check on something before I bring Tanja out,” she said, then called loudly, “Freyja?”

“You were successful, Raven?” came the reply, muffled by the dense, powerful magics of the circle.

“Yes. Dick is ready to go upstairs. Can you check on the bonds between Tanja’s body and soul before I bring her out of her soulscape?”

In reply, the area they’d entered the circle thinned and became transparent. “Of course. Richard, please remember not to step on or between the marked circles as you come out. If you will wait in the next room, I will be out shortly and then we can rejoin the others upstairs.”

“Alright.” He carefully stepped across the portal and left the room as Freyja entered the circle, the portal turning opaque behind her. She placed a small package next to the tray holding the mead and apples, then faced the futon Tanja and Raven were lying on and made a series of gestures, Tanja’s body glowing briefly every few moments, with Raven’s - both her physical and soul-selves - also occasionally glowing.

“The tangles and knots in the bonds between Tanja’s body and soul are smoothed out, though those bonds are changed somewhat to more resemble your own. And the bond between you is far stronger than I anticipated.”

“We have some things in common that helped in that, I think.”

Freyja nodded. “I was aware of some shared feelings in your hearts, but clearly underestimated the strength of their effect on the bond, even considering the spell you used to create it. This means that your complete recovery will take longer, though it shouldn’t affect the amount of time necessary for you to remain within the circle’s protection. I am having more apples fetched from Idunn, you will each get one daily while you recover. It is safe for you to guide Tanja back to the outside world.”

Raven nodded. “Thank you. That’s exactly what I needed to know. I do have one question, though.” Freyja raised an eyebrow in query. “What’s a ‘skogkatt’?”

Freyja smiled. “The word means ‘forest cat’. Today, they are a breed of cats from Norway. In times you would call ancient, the word referred to a type of cat native to Alfheim. They were brought to Midgard by the tribe who moved to the island now called Ireland and became known as the ‘people of Danu’, who was their founder in Alfheim. Vikings brought them to Scandinavia, where they thrived. The modern breed is descended from them.”

“I see. Thank you.”

“You are welcome. I will join the others upstairs with Richard to give you privacy while you retrieve Tanja and begin your recovery. The circle will dissipate when it is safe for you to be outside of it. Also, Alva has requested that I ask you not to use magic to heal the cuts, to let them heal naturally. For that, I am leaving a first aid kit with the apples and mead.”

Raven nodded and waited for Freyja to exit and close the circle before diving back into Tanja’s soulscape.

Freyja went through the door to the antechamber. “Come, Richard. We will give them privacy and join the others. They will join us when it is safe for them to leave the circle.”
    • Like x 2
  13. golddragon71 Dedicated Player

Frostina faces a Crisis (Part Two) Joining Forces against Darkness
    Frostina found herself on the edge of a large disc shaped platform with a short flight of stairs behind her. she had to squint at first to take in her surroundings because the light glare in the Watchtower’s main teleporter pad was much brighter than the light in her own apartment. Various other heroes were either appearing or disappearing from the center of the pad. Frostina looked at the large structure to her left. The building within the chamber was the home of the Justice League’s meeting room, the Hall of Justice. Just beyond that, one floor down, was an open area that featured a holographic globe of the Earth. The real Earth was clearly visible through the giant transperisteel windows that made up the far wall. A gruff voice growled beside Frostina, causing her to turn sharply. A werewolf wearing a torn shirt and jeans stood haunched as if he was about to jump and attack.
    “Frostina Iciclette?” Frostina nodded wide-eyed at the man-beast
    “The big three want to see you before you get down to the action.” The werewolf thumbed in the direction of the Hall.
    “Should I check in first?” The werewolf shook it’s head as it turned away
    “NO! Batman gave me the worst chewing out for doing that during the Atlantean attack last summer”
    The werewolf stepped forward into the center of the teleport pad and waited. In a moment he faded out of sight.

Frostina shot into the air and flew at full speed towards the entrance of the hall. During the regular day to day operations, New heroes had to use the special teleport station to enter the hall. However, due to the nature of the Crisis going on, the heavy doors were open and heroes were flying or running or whatevering in and out of the hall at a heavy rate. Frostina landed a few feet away from Wonder Woman who was giving instructions to a water woman. Batman and Superman were also engaged with other new heroes. When Frostina landed both men glanced in her direction and gave nods of greeting. Batman’s was curt and he turned back to the hooded archer he was instructing. Superman, on the other hand, gave a reassuring smile. when he nodded, it seemed as if to tell Frostina that it wasn’t the end of the world…At least, not yet. The water woman nodded in the direction of Frostina with a slight smile. Wonder Woman smiled at Frostina and and inclined her head inviting the young hero over.
    “Welcome back. Frostina.” Wonder Woman began “This is Tsunamisan You’ll be joining up with her team.”

Frostina looked at Tsunamisan Her body was completely made up of Water and it seemed she held it in her form by total force of will. Tsunamisan spoke up.
    “Golden Dragon is a big fan of your aunt and he suggested to Wonder Woman that you might fit in with us.”
    The Golden Dragon had been one of the first New heroes to appear after the exobyte surge and Brainiac’s attack.
    Frostina nodded and shook the water woman’s hand. Surprisingly it didn’t feel wet to the touch. In fact as her hand came away, she noticed that there wasn’t any residual moisture on her glove.
    You two go ahead and check in.” Wonder Woman started “We’ll see you down there at the central command post.”
    Frostina and Tsunamisan nodded as they left the Hall.

The two women took the direct approach upon leaving the hall by turning left and running towards the Holographic globe. They reached the guardrail of the overlook. The check-in station and a temporary teleport pad had been set up and were waiting below. Both women gripped the handrail and launched themselves over it. The drop was only about twenty feet and both women landed with a resounding double slam. Everyone in the room jumped and turned except Martian Manhunter who had gotten used to the enthusiastic antics of the various New Heroes. Both women keyed in their check in codes. As the women boarded the pad, a third figure joined them. She was a blonde wraith-like being with a shimmering white blouse and long skirt. Her round edged cape was not unlike Frostina’s but it was in the same brilliant glowing white material as the rest of her costume. Frostina had to hold back from muttering about the brightness blinding her. Before introductions could be made, the teleport activated and all three were in the center of an active command post. The werewolf that approached Frostina in the watchtower was standing by and addressed Tsunamisan
    “GD and Cyberbolt are fighting to prevent a Shadow Demon merging. We’ll need to move fast if they can’t stop an Archon from forming!”
    Tsunamisan nodded and gestured to Frostina.
    “Lycanthrope, Frostina Icy— uh, how do you say it?” Frostina laughed nervously
    “Ah yeah, I hardly ever use the last name. i prefer it to be pronounced “Ice-eh-cull-ette”
    The blonde ghost woman chuckled in an eerie echo-ish way.
    “That’s better than I was going to say it.” Frostina nodded
    “I only added it to my name because the Lea..”
    Tsunamisan held up her hand.
    “Stay on mission, people! Lycanthrope, where’s GD and Cyber now?”
    Lycanthrope pointed off in the direction of two buildings in the distance. It was then that Frostina realized where she was, This was where she had joined a pitched battle between the Amazons and some of Circe’s Beastiamorphs.
    The destroyed Big Belly Burger restaurant still lied in ruins nearby. Suddenly, everyone’s comms screeched as a loud yell came over!
    “We have a Merge! repeat! we have a Merge! Maximum Backup to Swan and Reeves Street! Two men down! repeat! Maximum Backup! NOW!!!”

Tsunamisan took a few steps and launched herself into the air. Frostina and the blonde followed each gripping Lycanthrope by the wrists.The Intersection in question was a street over and down from where Lycanthrope had previously indicated. Before they were a block away, they saw it. The massive Black form of a Shadow Demon Archon. It’s body seemed to absorb light making it hard to distinguish any physical features except it’s eyes which glowed Red. The Archon was a good 40 to 50 feet tall and it swatted heroes aside like they were no more than crumpled up paper towels. Two heroes moved around the pitch black form. as two others were being carried away from the battle by Red and Gold streaks of light.
    The first was a Man of gleaming Gold with scalloped wings and long gold hair. The other was on the ground and where the Archon was devoid of any light, save its eyes, the Second hero was light personified. It moved as fast as any of the Flashes but glowed bright white. Frostina looked to the others, the blonde gestured to the a corner of the intersection where a pair of Qwardian Weaponers were moving in to attack the heroes fighting the Shadow Demon.
    “Drop me on ‘em I’ll take them out while you guys handle Mr Tall, Dark and Gruesome!” Frostina looked at the Blond who merely shrugged. They flew over the Qwardians and let go of Lycanthrope, who let out a nightmarish howl as he landed on the guards.

“Nice of you ladies to drop by!” The Golden Dragon flew over and hovered next to the blond. Frostina looked after the Shadow Demon.
    “What’s the play GD? the blonde’s voice sent shivers down Frostina’s spine. She knew the ghost-woman was a hero but the feeling she kept having was…what was the American saying? like someone stepped over her grave? Golden Dragon noticed the discomfort but decided to put off commenting on the matter until things had calmed down.
    “Cybertbolt and the other speedsters are on crowd control. Banshee, I want you to back up Lycanthrope on keeping the Qwardians busy.” Frostina met the blonde’s eyes questioningly.
    “Blonde Banshee! Nice to meet you. talk to you later.” With that, the Blonde Banshee flew down and screamed deafeningly at two Qwardians who were about to impale Lycanthrope with their thunderbolt weapons.

• Like x 2
  14. golddragon71 Dedicated Player

Golden Dragon turned to Tsunamisan who was in the process of whirl-pooling a squad of Qwardians into a manhole.
    “TSU!!!” the Water Woman rose on a pillar of water from the street.
    “If you’re thinking a hydro electric shock boss….”
    “No. we tried that already! It works fine on the smaller Demons but these big one’s shrug it off!. I want you to soak him instead.”
    “But….” Golden Dragon held up his hand before the Water Woman could finish her protest.
    “Frostina, I need you to be ready to freeze him hard and fast as soon as he’s dunked!” Frostina started summoning all her power as she glanced at Tsunamisan.

“Ready when you are friend!” Tsunamisan grinned and made a summoning gesture, not to Frostina, but in the direction of the Bay. A tall column of Water rose up stopping everyone in the area in their tracks! the column lifted out of the bay it was as wide as an intersection and at least the length of two whole blocks. Tsunamisan waved her hands in a telekinetic “use the Force” gesture and the column sped through the air to hover over the shadow demon. Tsunamisan then performed an acrobatic maneuver and swung herself into a hard dive smashing the pavement with her fist. The Column of water likewise pivoted end over end and slammed down. However it landed square on the head of the Archon in the form of an Atlantean Trident. The water didn’t cleave through the form the way Frostina expected it to. Nor did it spill down and pool around the archon’s feet. Instead, the water was held in place around the archon like a forcefield of sorts. Frostina flung her arms forward and directed a blast of Ice, Snow and freezing wind at the center of the massive form. the Cold Power turned the thick water membrane into solid Ice. Tsunamisan conjured another Column of Water From the bay and slammed it down as well. Again, Frostina followed up with another Wintery Blast. The two women worked in tandem as the other heroes created a perimeter around the Archon. after six or seven more blasts the creature was encased in a formless shell of Ice and snow.
    “GD, that’s not going to stop it for very long!” Tsunamisan prepared to draw more water from the bay. Golden Dragon nodded at the assessment. He knew that being made of anti-matter, Shadow Demons weren’t subject to the same weaknesses normal living opponents. In fact, the archon was very close to exploding from the icy cocoon.
    “Yeah this is just a holding action until we get some light shown on this Darkness.” Frostina looked upwards
    “What does that mean? Lanterns?” Golden Dragon glanced over with a grin on his face.
    “Better than Lanterns kid!” GD tapped the comm piece in his ear.
    “Come in Watchtower!” The reply came in on all the comms in the Block’s radius.
    “Oracle here Golddragon! Say the Magic words!”
    Tsunamisan beckoned Frostina to hover back away from the cracking Ice .

“Send Me an Angel! Watchtower!……..Send Me an Angel, Right Now!!”
    • Like x 2
  15. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Great reads from both, again, really looking forward to seeing what you came up with for Tanja's SoulForm, Velvet :D

Little Editorial Business: the past tense of 'lie' is 'lay', not 'lied', that seemed to be about the only real error that stood out for me (apart from, again, minor punctuation slips)
    By the way, love that song you mentioned at the end :D
    Almost forgot to mention, breaking the text up into paragraphs makes it much easier to read :)
  16. velvetsanity Loyal Player

You just saw the humanoid form of it, though I guess it wasn't a very good description? :confused:

Similar to Cheetah, but as an orange spotted tabby, and her claws are somewhere between a cat's claws and a bird's talons, with the Prideful belt and a matching choker/collar. And the armor is pretty much New 52 Raven (organic/symbiote version of Prideful).
  17. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Yeah, but reading a description and seeing it are two different things :p
    It was a great description, that's why wanted to see it :)
  18. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Ahh, ok. Well, if I can find an artist (whose rates I can afford) to do a commission, I had actually planned on getting a commission of that scene.

Also, I might as well mention, certain details need revised. Particularly Tanja’s age. Timetables for background events work better if she’s 21 or 22 instead of 19.
  19. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

The description sounded like you had recreated it in game
  20. velvetsanity Loyal Player

I tried to, just for visual reference. Leopard skin, Prideful shoulders, cape and belt, and tweaking the colors is what I came up with. Which wasn’t quite right, but at least it gave me a starting point.